"Possible" UK Terror Attack foiled by Taxi driver

News is a bit confused, but the general jist is that the brave driver knew the guy had a bomb or device with him and locked him in the car, and didn't take him to where he wanted to go, people are surmising that the Taxi went to the hospital because in the event of it giong off, he had a chance:

News link:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/heroic-taxi-driver-liverpool-bomber-hospital-cab-100653174.html

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Butch changed the title to "Possible" UK Terror Attack foiled by Taxi driver
1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Seems the guy was mentally unwell 

Whereas "normal" terrorists of all religions, plus  MI5, Special Forces, Special Branch and the news agencies that report on them are in perfect mental health..??

I'm telling you. I've never met such a bunch of nutters and sexual deviants that has worked in any of that bunch of perverts!

It took an incident in '89 to implement mental health checks every 6 months in Special Forces. As for MI5. f**k, it is almost as if being "normal" meant an immediate rejection stamp on their application.

Do you think that a mentally healthy individual would prefer to drill into the back of a kneecap with a battery drill rather than use a gun? I'm telling you it aint quieter!!

• Haha 1

The reports that I have seen suggest that he was a convert and tried to do his own version of the "trojan horse" attack, as the intended target was Liverpool Cathedral during the remembrance service.

In other words, his conversion was purely to aid him to carry out this act and not one to cerlebrate a new found faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

The reports that I have seen suggest that he was a convert and tried to do his own version of the "trojan horse" attack, as the intended target was Liverpool Cathedral during the remembrance service.

In other words, his conversion was purely to aid him to carry out this act and not one to cerlebrate a new found faith.

I would not be surprised in the least, and this talk of mental illness really gets to me! It is probably just a part of the long term planning.

Kuntz!

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I would not be surprised in the least, and this talk of mental illness really gets to me! It is probably just a part of the long term planning.

Kuntz!

It's a bit of a "cop out" imo, gets a bit of sympathy from the bleeding heart liberals, plus the fact he strictly speaking wasn't a "true muslim" (Although anyone with an ounce of sense can see through that BS).

Either way, the fact he was aiming to kill and maim innocents firmly puts him in the category of terrorist, regardless of his chosen religion. The outcome was the best anyone could have hoped for, ended up as mush on the pavement and swept into bin bags, the Driver himself is now home with his family and has had money from a "just giving" page set up for him, and there's one less piece of human filth walking the planet. Win win.

The Guardian, unusually came up with this snippet with regards Islamic Asylum seekers:

"Some also believed conversion would help their asylum applications. Tribunal records show that a number of migrants cited fear of persecution in their home country after conversion to Christianity in support of asylum claims.

One tribunal decision in 2017 suggested that the “improbably large” numbers of Iranians attending courses and services at Liverpool Cathedral meant it was unlikely they were all genuine converts. It was “possible for an individual to feign conversion”, it added."

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1