The Ashes 2021/22

coxyhog

16 minutes ago, Painter said:

After the year Root has had it wouldn't surprise me if he hits a lean patch soon. It's happened to Kohli recently. Can't be expected to constantly carry the burden when others aren't playing well. Luckily for Kohli he has a superb quality batting line up, unlike us.

Needs to drop the captaincy, and if he's interested, I'd get Morgan in to replace Pope at 5/6 and take over the captaincy. He's way better at it than anyone else we have at international level. Good field settings and uses his bowlers well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

After the year Root has had it wouldn't surprise me if he hits a lean patch soon. It's happened to Kohli recently. Can't be expected to constantly carry the burden when others aren't playing well. Luckily for Kohli he has a superb quality batting line up, unlike us.

Needs to drop the captaincy, and if he's interested, I'd get Morgan in to replace Pope at 5/6 and take over the captaincy. He's way better at it than anyone else we have at international level. Good field settings and uses his bowlers well.

We need to try something 

25 minutes ago, Starshine said:

We need to try something 

Encourage some batsmen to get over 50 and the rest to get into double figures?

Get the bowlers to adapt to Australian conditions, the wickets are a little different to the ones at home.

In other words earn the money they are paid to play the game, not just turn up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

England ring the changes for the 3rd test,out go Burns,Pope,Woakes & Broad.

In come Crawley,Bairstow,Wood & Leach.

Probably won't make a great deal of difference but you never know.

Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Jimmy Anderson

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

England ring the changes for the 3rd test,out go Burns,Pope,Woakes & Broad.

In come Crawley,Bairstow,Wood & Leach.

Probably won't make a great deal of difference but you never know.

Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Jimmy Anderson

So we get rid of the only decent lower order batsmen/bowler we got (Woakes) and bring in a spinner who went for 10 an over first match (Leach). 

And drop one out of form batsman (Pope) and bring in another out of form batsman (Crawley). 

That should do it!!. 

Please let them prove me wrong!.

Shows how fucking awful our test squad is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

So we get rid of the only decent lower order batsmen/bowler we got (Woakes) and bring in a spinner who went for 10 an over first match (Leach). 

And drop one out of form batsman (Pope) and bring in another out of form batsman (Crawley). 

That should do it!!. 

Please let them prove me wrong!.

Shows how fucking awful our test squad is. 

Crawley and Leach 🙈

• Thumbs Up 1

Be interested to see how they cope, and yes, change was needed.

How many times has Bairstow been recalled, and then dropped again for whatever reason? When was the last time Crawley played a red ball competitive game?

What happened to Dan Lawrence? This time last year he seemed to be in favour in Sri Lanka, and he could bowl a bit as well, I think?

No answers needed, just thinking out loud. Be interested to see what the score is when I wake up tomorrow....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Easy to slag them, but don’t think we really had any clear positive options in all honesty…..

Apart from the English second 11 that is touring Australia and the odd five or ten playing in the BBL (Aussie T20 tournament). It is not like there was no one in the country.

8 minutes ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Cummins is back!! 2 wickets!

England  2 - 13

Root and Malan now have to go into rescue mode.

Can't say I expected any difference. Can't expect the same 2 players to dig you out the shit every time. Can't even say it's against a strong Aussie team. 

RIP Ashes 21/22.

Well played Australia. 

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 1