Memory

Nightcrawler

On 11/22/2021 at 12:20 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Can you fucking believe it, last week I forgot to take my card out of the ATM machine so it swallowed it. This morning the same thing happened at the same machine!!

A trip to the bank tomorrow then. 2 new cards within one week of each other.

I had this happen to me at least 3 times during my last stay in Thailand (Nov. 2019 - Mar. 2021). Ended up causing some real difficulties on a couple of occasions.

I tell you one thing though... During that period of time I sure learned a great deal about banking, accessing and moving funds, etc. 

Nowadays it is even more important than ever to have multiple sources of funds available, because you are almost certain to find yourself losing a card, finding yourself with an expired one, needing cash or a transfer on a holiday (either a Thai one or home country one), getting ass f***d by a bank algorithm (locked out of an account), not being able to gain access to an on-line account (for various reasons), banks being closed without notice, power outages, pandemics, mass fraud occurrences.... several more examples of f**k ups that you can find yourself in.

I am also learning that it may not be a bad idea to have a couple baht of gold stashed away for backup.

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I tell you one thing though... During that period of time I sure learned a great deal about banking

Yup!

For my banks I like to get my jobs done early morning so that it doesn't f**k up my day so I use the following. Perhaps others have favourites at different locations at their preferred time of day though!

- Kasikorn on Suk next to MacDonalds south of soi 42/2. It opens at 0900hrs and it is never busy so you go straight to the desk after picking your number.

- Bangkok Bank 2nd road near soi 6.opens at 0830hrs. Get in at 0830hrs and only a few in.

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yup!

For my banks I like to get my jobs done early morning so that it doesn't f**k up my day so I use the following. Perhaps others have favourites at different locations at their preferred time of day though!

- Kasikorn on Suk next to MacDonalds south of soi 42/2. It opens at 0900hrs and it is never busy so you go straight to the desk after picking your number.

- Bangkok Bank 2nd road near soi 6.opens at 0830hrs. Get in at 0830hrs and only a few in.

The Bangkok Bank in Central Festival is shit. Usually a shitty attitude.

*** Although - They came through on one the most frightening days I have had during my covid days in Pattaya. Funny since we are talking about memory. ----

One morning I was looking for my passport that I checked on every day. It wasn't there. "Oh, f**k me Buddha, where is it ?" I went into almost complete panic mode. But, I soon pulled it together....

I quickly got cleaned up and dressed, headed next door to the BKK bank branch in Central. I had been there the day before doing some kind of business. Of course they have to make a copy of your passport. Which is what they do for just about every fucking thing you do. 

It was there --- I just about pissed myself with relief. We all started laughing. They forgot to give it back to me the day before. I didn't make a fuss because, well.... shit happens. I was just glad to have it back and walked out of there on cloud 9.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1