I'm buying a new smartphone, how do i get all my contacts and notes transferred over ?

Pumpuynarak

Well i'm finally buying a new smartphone as i believe my current one is about to give up the ghost,  i've had a good lookie and done some research and a Samsung Galaxy A12 from Lazada is what i have decided upon. I don't need a phone with all the bells and whistles as i only use it to make and receive calls/sms but with Covid vaccination requirements likely to be needed on it i'm planning ahead. I need to transfer all my contacts and notes over to the new phone. Now i know all my contacts on my Sim card will be ok but what about the contacts and notes that are stored on my phone ?

I have been made aware that i can go into either Dtac (my service provider) or a Samsung service center and they will be able to assist me for a fee, is this correct ?

Thanks for any advice. 

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks a mill "fygjam", i've had a lookie and maybe just maybe i might be able to do that with the help of BM Miko.

What is an APP ? 🤣

An application, some software that does something for you. e.g. email is an app. You get them from the app store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.easyMover

• Great Info 1

I use an App called "Smart Switch" which I have used each time I get a new phone. Seems too work very well transferring apps, contacts and files from my old file to new. It doesn't transfer passwords, but that's not a bad thing. 

It works via Bluetooth connecting both phones to eachother and takes up to to 15 minutes 

I install the app first on my new phone to communicate with my existing phone. 

Not sure if it works with Apple phones, as I only use Android 

EDIt

Just realised that Smart Switch may only be suitable for Samsung phones. 

• Thanks 1

To the OP, make sure your email such as gmail is fully working before throwing away your old phone. This caused me a lot of issues in the way want to verify a new phone accessing emails. It's safe but a right pain in the backside. Essentially swap everything over, login into everything and only then get rid of the old phone. It too me months to get into an email address which the password was correct, all my details were verified but google would not give me access. Absolute dicks.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

You can do that with the new Samsungs too, but I suspect Pumps old phone is older than the tech.

Might depend on the OS. I have a 6 year old iPhone and the latest OS update include something called Transfer or Reset iPhone in the general settings.

• Great Info 2

Thanks for all your helpful posts guys, as the forums Com Dino No1 i need all the help i can get lol. Well my new phone arrived yesterday from Lazada, took 3 days from ordering, now thats a good service imo.

So i got busy trying to sort it out and bit by bit i'm getting there but as for transferring over my contacts that are in my phone not sim card and my pics and notes/memos need a lead to connect the old and new phone and i have'nt got one. Wifey's just taken both phones to our local guy to transfer over for me, he's a very helpful guy who resists charging me for the little jobs so i've told wifey to give him a couple of hundred baht come what may.

I'm eagerly awaiting wifey's return..... 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'm eagerly awaiting wifey's return..... 

Wifey returned with my new phone duly sorted out with my contacts and pics installed but he said all my notes/memos could not be transferred 😧 thats a bummer !!!

So i decided to just take a pic of them all in my new phone, problem solved.

I have to say i'm impressed with the new phone and all for 4900bht 👍

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Wifey returned with my new phone duly sorted out with my contacts and pics installed but he said all my notes/memos could not be transferred 😧 thats a bummer !!!

So i decided to just take a pic of them all in my new phone, problem solved.

I have to say i'm impressed with the new phone and all for 4900bht 👍

Just like with a Dr's diagnosis, I would recommend getting a second opinion on transferring your notes/memos to the new phone. They're data files stored in some obscure file folder on the phone. All you need is someone with the knowledge of how to connect the phone to a computer, and then find and copy the files off your old phone to your new phone.

• Great Info 1

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just like with a Dr's diagnosis, I would recommend getting a second opinion on transferring your notes/memos to the new phone. They're data files stored in some obscure file folder on the phone. All you need is someone with the knowledge of how to connect the phone to a computer, and then find and copy the files off your old phone to your new phone.

Thanks FBWY, so it is possible ? i think i'll take both phones along to a Samsung service center and ask them.

If you ever need your choppers engine serviced i'm your man, i'm not totally useless lol

Edited by Pumpuynarak

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks FBWY, so it is possible ? i think i'll take both phones along to a Samsung service center and ask them.

If you ever need your choppers engine serviced i'm your man, i'm not totally useless lol

email them to yourself of share via Bluetooth...

I thought that the only examples of early Gnome engines were to be found in museums.

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

email them to yourself of share via Bluetooth...

I thought that the only examples of early Gnome engines were to be found in museums. Bit like me then lol

Thanks, i'll have a lookie and report back.

The Gnome engines i initially worked on were fitted to the Wessex MK 5 and there are some still operational AFAIK but i also worked on the Sea King chopper Gnome engines which are deffo still in service.

Sea King HAS. 5, upgraded anti-submarine warfare variant, used by the Royal Navy. It was fitted with more powerful Rolls-Royce Gnome H1400-2 engines, developing 1 660 shp each. This helicopter had improved ASW equipment and had provision to use sonobuoys.