Can you believe, Toyota in Thailand can't produce my bill in English ?

Pumpuynarak

It never ceases to amaze me the Toyota dealerships i've ever had my car serviced/repaired in can't produce the bill in English. I have'nt got a clue what they've ever done in the way of repair/replacement of parts etc, i just pay the bill.....

I'm thinking of getting in touch with Toyota in Japan to see what they say, could be interesting lol Has anyone irrespective of make ever had their bill in English ?

Same Same but different....

I bought a brand new Toyota Tiger in 97 from the Payathai branch. By the time I got around the block to Rangnam I realised that my seat didn't fully "click" into position.I drove around the block t'other way back to Payathai and explained the problem.

"These seats are designed for Thai drivers not farang drivers "!!! And the fucker was serious!!

Yes they fixed it ... eventually...but it was the utter brazen cheek of the man!!!

"The sugar cane is in the elephant's mouth" springs to mind!

• Haha 1

I share the frustration Pump having had 3 toyotas in Thailand, l also have a Ford Ranger and as you say all bills are in Thai except for a few English names dotted here and there. Here in England l have a BMW and to be fair if my wife requested the bill in Thai (or even German) i,m sure the garage would be dumbfounded. I,m just happy that all the buttons switches and GPS etc are in English. I think we just have to accept our wifes translation of the bills.

• Thumbs Up 3

I own a '92 BMW 325i that was originally sold new in Japan with LHD, and its owner's manual is in Japanese; thankfully the car is simple enough that I have never needed to refer to it anyway and if I ever do get stuck I have a friend who has a Japanese wife whom I am sure would help out...

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

It never ceases to amaze me the Toyota dealerships i've ever had my car serviced/repaired in can't produce the bill in English. I have'nt got a clue what they've ever done in the way of repair/replacement of parts etc, i just pay the bill.....

I'm thinking of getting in touch with Toyota in Japan to see what they say, could be interesting lol Has anyone irrespective of make ever had their bill in English ?

If they respond, you could get a bill in Japanese.   :Laugh1:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Captain_B said:

I share the frustration Pump having had 3 toyotas in Thailand, l also have a Ford Ranger and as you say all bills are in Thai except for a few English names dotted here and there. Here in England l have a BMW and to be fair if my wife requested the bill in Thai (or even German) i,m sure the garage would be dumbfounded. I,m just happy that all the buttons switches and GPS etc are in English. I think we just have to accept our wifes translation of the bills.

Even here in the Netherlands it would be difficult to get the bill in any other language than Dutch (or Frisian if you are in that part of the country).

• Surprised 1

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I understand it's also difficult to get an owner's manual in English.

Probably find it online anyway. I downloaded a workshop service manual for my Kawasaki recently. Lot more info regarding maintenance settings etc. than a standard manual gives.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah Cliff, fully understand.  I actually on my own one time, went to the Honda Dealership here in Minburi to just have the oil changed on my SUV right?  They came out with a 3 page " dissertation" of everything they did all in Thai of course. Got wifey on the phone, Jesus Christ, they did a ton of stuff I had no idea they were doing but.....in the end the bill was ultimately just for an oil change?? 

I love Thailand LOL! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Captain_B said:

Here in England l have a BMW and to be fair if my wife requested the bill in Thai (or even German) i,m sure the garage would be dumbfounded.

7 hours ago, lazarus said:

Imagine asking a Toyota dealer in the UK for a service/repair invoice in Thai...

😁

7 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Even here in the Netherlands it would be difficult to get the bill in any other language than Dutch (or Frisian if you are in that part of the country).

Guys is English not the international language, i rest my case lol

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

I downloaded a workshop service manual

I do it all the time Gally, nothing you buy nowadays seems to come with a manual. My new phone did'nt and i D/L from the internet and thought to myself i'll print one off..........

until i realised it was over 90 pages long lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, galenkia said:

Probably find it online anyway. I downloaded a workshop service manual for my Kawasaki recently. Lot more info regarding maintenance settings etc. than a standard manual gives.

I used to have a link to a complete parts list for my GSXR, unfortunately it was taken down. Could have been a copyright issue.   555

• Thumbs Up 1