BA cancels all flights to BKK until Oct 2022

Britboy

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Been mentioned on a couple of threads , myself , Painter and Krapow all had tickets booked 

I've gone for a refund for my January flights and will look to book with a different airline in the new year

Apologies, had a quick scan to see if it had been posted but obviously missed it.

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I had an email from BA 555

That would have been enough for me as well. However, as the UK is a bit out of the way when flying to Bangkok and BA being more expensive than other options, I already wasn't a BA customer.

I'm not planning to go back to Thailand soon, but every time I've flown to BKK it's been on BA (must be 60 times over about 16 years) so have built up a huge Avios.

Of course there's loads of other ways to get there, but I loathe changing planes, just want to settle down and hibernate for 12 hours.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Britboy said:

I'm not planning to go back to Thailand soon, but every time I've flown to BKK it's been on BA (must be 60 times over about 16 years) so have built up a huge Avios.

Of course there's loads of other ways to get there, but I loathe changing planes, just want to settle down and hibernate for 12 hours.

I also prefer direct flights  , I managed to book my Business ticket in the sale for £1807 , then used a chunk of Avios to reduce the price by £750 ... no chance will I be able to find anything similar...

EVA has been my preferred airline over the last 15 years  , but have used BA , Etihad, Emirates and Qatar when the price was right ..

just had another email from BA today , I have just received another companion voucher , now have two sitting on my account ..