Things that I don't understand, but maybe I should

forcebwithu

I'm puzzled by Non-Fungible Tokens. Wikipedia has this for a definition "A non-fungible token (NFT) is a unique and non-interchangeable unit of data stored on a blockchain, a form of digital ledger". So how is an NFT different from a crypto currency? They both are just data stored on a blockchain. So what makes an NFT so special?

In my way of thinking, they're both crypto coins, just another vehicle for the gullible to gamble their money away.

World's first SMS sold as NFT for $150,000 at Paris auction house

Sotheby’s Makes $100 Million in NFT Sales With Younger Audience

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm with you I can't understand the concept at all ...

this had me even more confused 

https://beebom.com/nike-acquired-company-makes-virtual-sneakers-nfts-metaverse/

Earlier last month, we saw reports suggesting that Nike will soon release virtual sneakers and outfits for the Metaverse ecosystem, backed by companies like Meta and Microsoft. Now, the American shoe brand has acquired a company named RTFKT, which specializes in virtual sneakers and NFTs, to push its Metaverse goals.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm puzzled by Non-Fungible Tokens. Wikipedia has this for a definition "A non-fungible token (NFT) is a unique and non-interchangeable unit of data stored on a blockchain, a form of digital ledger". So how is an NFT different from a crypto currency? They both are just data stored on a blockchain. So what makes an NFT so special?

In my way of thinking, they're both crypto coins, just another vehicle for the gullible to gamble their money away.

World's first SMS sold as NFT for $150,000 at Paris auction house

Sotheby’s Makes $100 Million in NFT Sales With Younger Audience

Mr. Force, just consider yourself lucky that we were born in an age before all this nonsense became a reality mate..... 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Yes!!

The Thai tourist board should create a Non Fungible virtual vacation, it would be as close as I'm going to get to the real thing😞

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I'm with you I can't understand the concept at all ...

this had me even more confused 

https://beebom.com/nike-acquired-company-makes-virtual-sneakers-nfts-metaverse/

Earlier last month, we saw reports suggesting that Nike will soon release virtual sneakers and outfits for the Metaverse ecosystem, backed by companies like Meta and Microsoft. Now, the American shoe brand has acquired a company named RTFKT, which specializes in virtual sneakers and NFTs, to push its Metaverse goals.

Yeah virtual trainers and you can pay more to customise them. Don’t get it at all….. 🤷‍♂️

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/04/90-day-fiance-star-selling-farts-in-a-jar-for-38k-a-week-hospitalised-15863914/

90 Day Fiance star who made £38,000 a week selling farts in a jar hospitalised: ‘I thought it was a stroke’

A former 90 Day Fiance star who made a staggering £38,000 a week from selling her farts in a jar, has revealed she was rushed to hospital. 

Stephanie Matto recently shed light on her unusual stream of income, explaining how she utilised her 260k-strong following as her customer base to sell her pungent product, which retailed at a princely $1k (£756) a jar. 

At one point, demand was so high for Stephanie’s wind that she was producing up to 50 jars worth of farts a week. 

However, she may have squeezed out one too many as the reality star had to make a hospital dash. 

She told Jam Press: ‘I thought I was having a stroke and that these were my final moments. I was overdoing it.’ 

Stephanie, 31, recalled how she consumed three protein shakes and a huge bowl of black bean soup in one day, before feeling that ‘something was not right’ with a pressure in her stomach that moved upwards throughout her body. 

‘It was quite hard to breathe and every time I tried to breathe in I’d feel a pinching sensation around my heart,’ she explained. 

‘And that, of course, made my anxiety escalate. I actually called my friend and asked if they could come over to drive me to the hospital because I thought I was experiencing a heart attack.’ 

Stephanie, who hails from Connecticut, arrived at the hospital later that evening but didn’t tell the doctors about her unique career – only the changes made to her diet.

It was made clear that what I was experiencing wasn’t a stroke or heart attack but very intense gas pains,’ she said. 

‘I was advised to change my diet and to take a gas suppressant medication, which has effectively ended my business.’ 

Stephanie has now retired from selling farts in a jar – a ‘relief’ to her family – but she has managed to find another unique way of making money from it.

Her clients will no longer be able to own the physical jar of Stephanie’s gas, but they will be able to purchase them as digital artworks on the blockchain. 

You might say that Stephanie, much like her career, is having a second wind.

• Haha 1