Are there any other direct flights to BKK at the moment?.

Butch

Apart from the THAI flight (currently TG911) into BKK, but they are not every day it seems (anyone know the days they fly ?)

BA have recently announced the cessation of their BA009 service until Sept / Oct 2022,  EVA are not showing anything until March 2022 at the earliest on their online booking system but seem to be showing direct services to Taipei from Feb.

I might well be wrong, but I think Airlines are pretty dynamic in reacting to routes being "re opened" and have the capacity to reinstate services, but if anyone knows, what about the EVA and Thai "slots" they have at LHR?. Are EVA keeping theirs open with a direct Taipei flight in the future?, or have they been "lost" and as such, the services now finished for good?.

With so much uncertainty in the industry at the moment, it comes as no surprise.

Edited by Butch

• Butch changed the title to Are there any other direct flights to BKK at the moment?.
3 minutes ago, Homor said:

I thought Thai did 1 or 2 days a week direct to bkk

chhers mate, I edited my post a bit because I made a mistake and remembered that Thai were actually flying direct, do you know which days they fly from lhr at all ?.

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Scoot have started out of LGW (part of Singapore Airlines). It is non stop to Bangkok and return to Gatwick although the flight originates/terminates in Singapore. 

Scoot are showing nothing available 😞  shame , (I'm asking for a mate, I think he'd like to have tried them).

2 minutes ago, Butch said:

chhers mate, I edited my post a bit because I made a mistake and remembered that Thai were actually flying direct, do you know which days they fly from lhr at all ?.

Most days with the lunchtime flight , the evening flight is less regular, the one via Phuket is also irregular

if you look on their website, the timetable is available 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Butch said:

Scoot are showing nothing available 😞  shame , (I'm asking for a mate, I think he'd like to have tried them).

Maybe they are getting popular or terminated within a month of starting. Haven't checked today but they were showing flights for July/Aug a few days back.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

I get some discount on Qatar flights when they are code share to BA so I am offered flights to Bangkok via Doha.

Back before Christmas when I knew BA was not going to operate to BKK I was quoted around £2700 for 2 adults and 1 child out 21 July and back 30 August; that did go down to £2400 a couple of weeks later after Christmas.

I checked for flights today and Qatar flights were showing over £4000, I even looked at flying to Singapore for the same dates (as a possible connecting point to BKK) and was quoted over £5000.

I know this is peak period ex UK to Bangkok (school holidays) but I am so grateful for booking a fully flexible ticket on Finnair for £1757 back at Christmas time.

Fares don't seem to be going down although I am only looking at peak period.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Some friends are meant to be flying business with BA in Dec , they just looked and it says they are now flying with Qatar , they haven't had any emails from BA , but they are hoping it's all good ... the equivalent with Qatar if you were to book it today is £5,670