Events in or near Pattaya.

john luke

That Pattaya Hash House Harriers will be hosting a Red Dress Run 24 June. It'll be a great photo op for anyone in Pattaya on that date as we have 158 registered for the event. The "trail" will be in central Pattaya starting from High Rollers at 16:00.

There is a very interesting and compelling back story on how the H3 Red Dress Runs got their start. Best explained in this well written memorial for the Lady In Red, Donna Rhinehart (RIP), who started it all. Loss of a Legend

In keeping with the tradition of the Red Dress Run as a charity event, all donations will go to Take Care Kids Foundation.

Pics from the The Red Dress Run 2017

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, fforest said:

Large beers 80 baht...New Plaza........

The times I've gone by Sports Bar it was always empty of customers. Same with Memory Bar, but in their case it was self-inflicted by playing crap music at too high a volume.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Probably a little bit OT - sorry!

I went into a couple of bars in Pratumnak this afternoon which were busier than I was expecting, and busier than the bargirls were expecting too. The best (i.e. only!) explanation I was offered is that it is a Chinese holiday.

When I checked Google, I discovered that it is Dragon Boat Festival Public Holiday on 22 to 24 June, so that could well be correct. (https://publicholidays.cn/2023-dates/)

Maybe we should expect an even more crowded Pattaya on Saturday.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

I discovered that it is Dragon Boat Festival Public Holiday on 22 to 24 June, so that could well be correct.

And, in turn, reading your comment has made me think of The Pitchit Dragon Boat Racing Festival. I lived about 50kms from there for about 8 years and went there a few times.

It can be busy if you don't have a local to get you to lesser known viewing areas but well worth a visit if anybody is up that way on holiday.

It is normally later in the year depending on the water level !!

• Great Info 1

10 hours ago, Bazle said:

Probably a little bit OT - sorry!

I went into a couple of bars in Pratumnak this afternoon which were busier than I was expecting, and busier than the bargirls were expecting too. The best (i.e. only!) explanation I was offered is that it is a Chinese holiday.

When I checked Google, I discovered that it is Dragon Boat Festival Public Holiday on 22 to 24 June, so that could well be correct. (https://publicholidays.cn/2023-dates/)

Maybe we should expect an even more crowded Pattaya on Saturday.

Festival this weekend. Lot of people in town last night for music.

https://www.facebook.com/Thepattayanews/posts/1199996907435555

image.png

• Like 2

21 hours ago, fforest said:

Happened already (25th June).

6 minutes ago, fforest said:

Is this Bens's new bar...

Another strange one to say it's opening in July.  forcebwithu visited it and reported on here a week or two ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/27/2023 at 11:46 AM, fforest said:

Is this Bens's new bar...

On 6/27/2023 at 11:55 AM, KWA said:

Another strange one to say it's opening in July.  forcebwithu visited it and reported on here a week or two ago.

Mystery solved, they're doing a refit. Wonder why they even bothered opening for such a short time, only to close for a refit.
2023-06-29_110914.jpg

The row of unoccupied ground floor shops has the potential to become a new bar area.
2023-06-29_111009.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1