Getting a booster

Toy Boy

I gather that there are two places in Pattaya offering free Pfizer boosters to people who've already had 2 shots of AZ (or similar), the indoor sports stadium on Soi Chaiypruek and Royal Garden Plaza. The trouble is that both of these venues seem to be extremely busy, so to get the booster you have to queue for hours with hundreds of other people. That's madness when a virus as transmissible as Omicron is around, so I'm looking for a private hospital that will sell me a booster shot. Forget Bangkok Pattaya, I've tried them twice and I can have more useful conversations with my garden plants. Does anyone know if there's a hospital anywhere in Chonburi province, or not too far away in Rayong or Samut Prakan maybe, that is selling Pfizer or Moderna for use immediately? I'm not interested in paying up-front for a vaccine that might or might not appear in a few months' time.

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I gather that there are two places in Pattaya offering free Pfizer boosters to people who've already had 2 shots of AZ (or similar), the indoor sports stadium on Soi Chaiypruek and Royal Garden Plaza. The trouble is that both of these venues seem to be extremely busy, so to get the booster you have to queue for hours with hundreds of other people. That's madness when a virus as transmissible as Omicron is around, so I'm looking for a private hospital that will sell me a booster shot. Forget Bangkok Pattaya, I've tried them twice and I can have more useful conversations with my garden plants. Does anyone know if there's a hospital anywhere in Chonburi province, or not too far away in Rayong or Samut Prakan maybe, that is selling Pfizer or Moderna for use immediately? I'm not interested in paying up-front for a vaccine that might or might not appear in a few months' time.

Nobody ever seems to mention Pattaya International Hospital on these pages, I wonder why? I always had good service there on my trips and it is easy to get to on Soi 4...

Neither Memorial nor PIH covered themselves with glory 6 or 7 months ago when they were both selling Moderna shots that they didn't have at the time, and had no guarantee that they would ever have as the GPO hadn't even signed the contact with Zuellig to supply them at the time. I don't know if anyone has yet received a dose of Moderna from either hospital that they ordered and paid for back then, but at the time they were being told that the money they'd paid up-front was non-refundable. I've tried ordering a dose from the Moderna pretties at BPH, but they'd be far more use selling Beer Chang than a vaccine. I've generally had good service at BPH over the last 17 years, but this whole vaccine fiasco has left me disillusioned with all three private hospitals in Pattaya. They seem to have no clue about your medical history when you ask them, in spite of having seen different doctors on dozens of occasions over the years, and their main concern is to grasp as much money as they can, the patient's well being is well down their list of priorities. I was hoping someone might point me to a more honest hospital, perhaps Phyathai or Samitivej in Sri Racha, or a hospital in Rayong, or even somewhere near Bangkok that can sell you a dose of vaccine that they actually have in stock, or are certain they can source quickly.