Cash getting eroded by inflation in the UK.

Butch

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

555 he lied in another interview saying she needed to be non dom to keep her Indian passport .. it doesn't look good for the man setting the rules for the U.K. to try and circumnavigate them for his own family .. 

Not really true. Indians can’t have dual nationality, so if she wanted to retain Indian nationality and her passport then non dom was her option if she thought she may go back to india at some point. It may be she simply thinks she would prefer to pay tax where money is earned i.e uk earning in the UK and Indian earning in India.

This is not much more than a political football for those that don’t like the tories.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

More details coming out beyond the initial clickbait.

Seems Sunak had a US green card until recently and was paying some taxes over there on his earnings, also his wife will pay more in taxes here but more details to be released.

Doesn’t sound like any laws have been broken though.

Edited by Sangsom
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Not really true. Indians can’t have dual nationality, so if she wanted to retain Indian nationality and her passport then non dom was her option if she thought she may go back to india at some point. It may be she simply thinks she would prefer to pay tax where money is earned i.e uk earning in the UK and Indian earning in India.

This is not much more than a political football for those that don’t like the tories.

This is being leaked by Boris  5555

and Tory apologists are searching for excuses , anyone who is supporting Sunak is either a non dom newspaper baron with billions hidden away or a complete mug  🙂 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty pissed off about this , a few months ago I thought Sunak was the man to take the Conservatives away from the f***d up Boris era ... my only hope is that they get rid of everyone that has been in cabinet and start afresh, with someone like Tugandhat 

10 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Sunak has just done an interview saying she has paid all uk tax on uk earnings. She has also paid tax on all her earnings in India. I doubt he’d be making that statement if it wasn’t true as he knows the papers will go digging. So it sounds like she has done nothing wrong.

Nothing wrong ... but now this 555

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61045825

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Doesn’t sound like any laws have been broken though.

As an aside. Who do you think wrote the laws that haven't been broken? Joe Blow from the High Street or the person with a few squillion to protect.

Scan the Panama or Paradise papers and see how many of your neighbours you can find compared to politicians (or their partners etc) or business tycoons with their offshore tax haven trusts.

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Sangsom said:

I’d hold your horses for full facts before claims of tax dodging. She has paid tax on uk earnings, it may well be that she has paid tax in other countries like India where it was earned, the full facts need to be established. It’s currently all a bit clickbaity and being used as a political tool.

As for Sunak himself, people are quick to forget that he pushed for and approved the biggest ever peacetime intervention in the jobs market in the form of the furlough scheme. So he can be forgiven for keeping an eye on the public purse strings unlike the magic money tree Labour seem to think they would have if they got into power.

_124099020_mail-nc.jpg

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

_124099020_mail-nc.jpg

I would be crowing too hard, it doesn’t change what I said, she didn’t break any laws. It’s is as said on the headline, she has chosen to voluntarily pay up for the sake of her husband.

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

This is being leaked by Boris  5555

and Tory apologists are searching for excuses , anyone who is supporting Sunak is either a non dom newspaper baron with billions hidden away or a complete mug  🙂 

Can’t wait till Boris/next leader smashes the next election, you’ll have another 5 years of crying about it 🤣🤣🤣

29 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

I would be crowing too hard, it doesn’t change what I said, she didn’t break any laws. It’s is as said on the headline, she has chosen to voluntarily pay up for the sake of her husband.

Nah, doesn't count once you've been sprung and the shit has hit the fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Can’t wait till Boris/next leader smashes the next election, you’ll have another 5 years of crying about it 🤣🤣🤣

Boris and all this current lot will be gone long before the next election when they get found out for the crooks they are.

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Boris and all this current lot will be gone long before the next election when they get found out for the crooks they are.

I don’t really care too much about Boris, but the Tories will will the next election mostly because Labour are unless inept fks that can’t win elections 🤣

Firstly they were stupid enough to have Corbyn that looked like he was dragged from a homeless shelter. Their current leader has the personality of a plank of wood. The last time Labour got elected was because they basically had a closet tory as their leader in Bliar. Gonna be a long painful ride for anyone that wants to see anything other than a tory government 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/8/2022 at 11:00 AM, galenkia said:

I did earn the princely sum of 15p interest in my instant access ISA on a balance that was in the thousands all year. I'll donate it to the NHS if you want.🤣

The interest rate for cash savings is derisory. You'd be better off in a stocks and shares ISA

On 4/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, galenkia said:

No different from the lot who went before, or the lot who will come after.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, andyajn said:

The interest rate for cash savings is derisory. You'd be better off in a stocks and shares ISA

Yes but a long term benefit only assuming you dont pick ultra adventurous funds. Hobsons choice!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Inflation going up, now more pain with an interest rate rise.

This is shaping up to be quite a rough ride in the coming 12 months I think. I think more rate rises are on the horizon, the Govt weren't totally hammered in the local elections so they probably think they're ok for the time being. Cabinet reshuffle in a couple of months, might be saying goodbye to Rishi or Priti , not that it'll make any difference.

It's easy to notice the cost of some foods increasing in the supermarkets. 2 Chicken fillets (pre packed) were £2.10 a while back, they're now £2.85, that along with milk, butter, pork etc means for some, tough choices need to be made. Lucky we're in summer, God alone knows what'll happen in the winter when we need to heat our homes.

18 minutes ago, Butch said:

Inflation going up, now more pain with an interest rate rise.

This is shaping up to be quite a rough ride in the coming 12 months I think. I think more rate rises are on the horizon, the Govt weren't totally hammered in the local elections so they probably think they're ok for the time being. Cabinet reshuffle in a couple of months, might be saying goodbye to Rishi or Priti , not that it'll make any difference.

It's easy to notice the cost of some foods increasing in the supermarkets. 2 Chicken fillets (pre packed) were £2.10 a while back, they're now £2.85, that along with milk, butter, pork etc means for some, tough choices need to be made. Lucky we're in summer, God alone knows what'll happen in the winter when we need to heat our homes.

A change of govt isn’t changing inflation…..

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sangsom said:

A change of govt isn’t changing inflation…..

Comments on TV this morning were that it is more likely that Boris will lead the Tories into the next election than Sir Kier still being leader of the Labour party.

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

Comments on TV this morning were that it is more likely that Boris will lead the Tories into the next election than Sir Kier still being leader of the Labour party.

Tell them on that Boris thread, that will send them into meltdown 🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Some top tips here ..

DF06A79B-CA25-44A3-9867-69BDE0A98F6D.jpeg

I think cutting costs by changing ones lifestyle is the easy fix for those people in that wage bracket. For many those luxuries don't exist and they are already running at rock bottom. 

Tough times ahead for many people,  especially families. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, Horizondave said:

If that thread is in the Politics section it won't see me commenting, that is an area I steer well clear of.

100% agree with you. I don't come here for politics, deffo not my bag.

Although I'm keen to avoid a political bias on this topic, it's more about how much it's noticeable things have increased in cost over the last 2 months.

Investments such as funds and shares have also taken a solid kicking this week from poor US results, causing a panic sell off which in turn has hit share prices. There's also (as usual with the media) a woman preaching to us all how we're going to be facing a global food shortage due to a reduced crop of grain from the Ukraine, which in turn, will push prices up.

We're doomed I tell ya...doomed...