Cash getting eroded by inflation in the UK.

Butch

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Was the same as a kid,coal then gas fire in the living room, only heat in the house,ice on the bedroom windows in winter.

Everyone are fucking pussys now.

I had the same , but It was fcuking horrible back then , definitely not the good old days 555

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Was the same as a kid,coal then gas fire in the living room, only heat in the house,ice on the bedroom windows in winter.

Everyone are fucking pussys now.

Lol

Jizz mags and a solid sock under the bed 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, galenkia said:

Boris resigned then decided to go on holiday for the rest of his term.

When he said he’d stay on for the handover….. the media and opposition screamed that he couldn’t take any big decisions…… now they’re complaining because he’s listened to them !

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

On 8/3/2022 at 5:01 PM, Butch said:

Fuel is coming down slightly, but the costs of food is getting bloody ridiculous. Even cheap stuff like veggies and chicken are going up by 25% in some cases.

Interest rate decision tomorrow, looking like its going to be a half point.

tough times ahead indeed.

Yeah but this happens with all price increases, they never go back to where they started, but we accept the “new” price because it’s not quite as bad

7 minutes ago, Pinoydave said:

When he said he’d stay on for the handover….. the media and opposition screamed that he couldn’t take any big decisions…… now they’re complaining because he’s listened to them !

Decisions are normally made by cabinet ( collective responsibility) , but they all seem to have fcuked off 

he only wanted to stay on so he wasn't in the job for a shorter time than May ...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2022 at 12:52 AM, galenkia said:

Filled the bike up on the way home from Surrey today. Used to be about £15 before price's rocketed. Cost me £19. Hate to think how much more it's costing people to fill a car's tank.

years ago UK went metric.  one of the bi products is thet petrol is sold by the litre.  as a kid I pumped petrol  it was 42 p for 4 star.  A GALLON.  now petrol is over EIGHT QUID a gallon, but neatly sold by the litre so we dont notice.  8 quid FFS, half a weeks wages in my first full time job

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

My combined gas and electric bill  is £106, in July I looked at what it would cost to renew my deal with Scottish Power there and then, it would now be £310. I looked again in August a month later and it's now gone up to £466. It actually runs out January 1st, God knows how much it will be then.

Screenshot_20220724_161415_uk.co.scottishpower.jpg

Screenshot_20220724_161428_uk.co.scottishpower.jpg

IMG_20220825_195403.jpg

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, bexwell said:

My combined gas and electric bill  is £106, in July I looked at what it would cost to renew my deal with Scottish Power there and then, it would now be £310. I looked again in August a month later and it's now gone up to £466. It actually runs out January 1st, God knows how much it will be then.

Screenshot_20220724_161415_uk.co.scottishpower.jpg

Screenshot_20220724_161428_uk.co.scottishpower.jpg

IMG_20220825_195403.jpg

Scary shit right there !! I haven't checked mine yet but will look similar. I think there will be major civil unrest when this hits home and means old Vladimir will have won by the simple expedient of turning off the gas. Meanwhile India and China and Iran buying it all instead and opening up new coal fired power stations.

We're doomed I tell ye !!!!

• Like 1

seeing that post and his price hike, lucky he is in a contract till mid winter at least.  Mum has a calor "bomb" in the garden, due to fill up soon, terrible prices.

but its not just the Uk, the recession will be global, and then.. no cash for tourists again, FFS.  we will have to send the motor Cy boys over to russia to duff putin up and turn the gas back on

sadly this was predictable 

On 9/4/2022 at 12:27 AM, Stillearly said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0cxtxdb

Chef and business owner Tom Kerridge has said his restaurant's electricity bills will rise from £5k a month to £35k a month in December when his current contract ends...

I think kebab shops and the like will all be the same ,friggin £10 for a L kebab now,not my area was only visiting but wont be goin back,seen a lot of small businesses posting about this on social media saying they ll prob shut up shop for good. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...