Return of test and go/Sandbox for Pattaya

Spacedog

Just read on the TAT news return of test and go from 1st Feb plus the introduction of Pattaya to the Sandbox scheme.

finally some good news, the first signs of tourism returning. Great news for all the bar and hotel/guest house owners.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spacedog said:

Just read on the TAT news return of test and go from 1st Feb plus the introduction of Pattaya to the Sandbox scheme.

finally some good news, the first signs of tourism returning. Great news for all the bar and hotel/guest house owners.

Apparently PCR tests required day 1 and day 5. Overnight stays in approved hotels for those nights only. Awaiting confirmation in Royal Gazette.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Apparently PCR tests required day 1 and day 5. Overnight stays in approved hotels for those nights only. Awaiting confirmation in Royal Gazette.

That makes sense; as it stands now does anyone know how the authorities check that visitors have had the day 5 PCR test.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, john luke said:

That makes sense; as it stands now does anyone know how the authorities check that visitors have had the day 5 PCR test.  

Probably through the Hotel having to confirm they have inspected the PCR test result.

Or more particularly, if the customer leaves without showing the result.

22 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Looking at June, hope things will have eased everywhere by then, Thailand included, Summer and all that ...

f**k the 5 day one

Have to agree with the 5 day nonsense - im hoping this is recinded for our April trip as the test on arrival isn’t a problem especially as we land at 3pm so no stress 

hopefully no return test required for the homeward journey either 

I hope the Sandbox is extended to Hua Hin or the day 5 test is dropped. Don't really want to spend a week in Pattaya, would rather do a day 1 test and go in Bangkok and get up country to Khon Kaen or get down to Hua Hin.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

Like many here, I echo the sentiments that until there's no test on arrival I'll be going elsewhere. However, this news is a step forward for sure.

Thing that concerns me is passing the first test then failing the second one. 

What happens next?. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Thing that concerns me is passing the first test then failing the second one. 

What happens next?. 

Saw it happen to the bloke opposite me in the Bangkok hotel I was in.

The Hazmat forensic suit lot turn up, all your luggage is wrapped in clingfilm and you are whisked off in a service lift to a waiting ambulance.

Fcuk knows what happens after that but words like nightmare spring to mind ....

for Omicron ??? ....puhlease ...

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

1 minute ago, nampla69 said:

The Hazmat forensic suit lot turn up, all your luggage is wrapped in clingfilm and you are whisked off in a service lift to a waiting ambulance.

Exactly ..

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

Probably through the Hotel having to confirm they have inspected the PCR test result.

Or more particularly, if the customer leaves without showing the result.

Hotel I should think , with the Day 1 you got an envelope with your PCR result inside (a hospital letter) so I should think the day 5 will be the same.

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Yea, f**k that, no chance i'd be going with a day 5 test.

Hesitant even with any test on arrival. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

And I can imagine a nice fat bill as well. 

Why not take advantage of the dirty farang as usual to line your pockets?. 

• Like 4

Ok can anyone clarify for me.

I fly to BKK. Spend a night in Test and Go hotel. Hopefully negative.

I meet my gf on Day 2. We spend a few a few nights in BKK before we go to Pattaya. 

The hotel we stay at in Pattaya is a SHA Plus hotel .

So on day 5 what happens? Do I have to leave the hotel and check into another hotel for Day 5 test and isolate until negative and then Day 6 return to the normal hotel to meet my girlfriend again? Or does my gf have to isolate and get a Pcr Test also.

Very confused by this

55 minutes ago, Alpha Revolution said:

Ok can anyone clarify for me.

I fly to BKK. Spend a night in Test and Go hotel. Hopefully negative.

I meet my gf on Day 2. We spend a few a few nights in BKK before we go to Pattaya. 

The hotel we stay at in Pattaya is a SHA Plus hotel .

So on day 5 what happens? Do I have to leave the hotel and check into another hotel for Day 5 test and isolate until negative and then Day 6 return to the normal hotel to meet my girlfriend again? Or does my gf have to isolate and get a Pcr Test also.

Very confused by this

From what I'm reading the hotel you book for day 5 has to be affiliated with a hospital so if you get a positive test you're dragged to the hospital for 'treatment' ( rapid bank balance reduction ), if negative you're free to go. You also have to have proof of booking said hotel for the thai pass or whatever they're calling it. As for your girlfriend, I have absolutely no idea if she's tested or not ? ( EDIT. I've just read that if your girlfriend stays with you in the day 5 hotel she will be tested and if either of you are positive then you're both in for quarantine ).

All as clear as mud as usual and I won't attempting it.

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Like 4