Has anyone ever tried the fruit called ''Bael'' to make a tea? No one seems to know about this...

fforest

Bael is a fruit I dont think many farang have heard of....

I was just curious if anyone else has tried Bael tea? If so what's your opinion of it....

Someone gave me a little of this tea.....I liked it so I bought a kilo of it on Shopee....

The more I drink of it, the more I like it....It tastes kind of like a cross between a apricot and a orange, sort of.....

It's really refreshing, and has a good taste and I find it energizing too....It has no caffeine...It only needs to be boiled for 10-15 minutes or so add some sugar and that's it...

I have never heard anyone Thai or farang mention Bael not ever, not even once (except the person who gave me some).....This tea is great I dont get why it is not more popular.....

https://poshan.outlookindia.com/story/poshan-news-do-you-know-this-miracle-fruit/352137

The humble Bael is power packed with nutrients and antioxidants, and a key ingredient in several ayurvedic medicines

But despite being recognised for its almost miraculous medicinal properties since ancient times, the fruit is extremely underutilised, 

Lazada

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?_keyori=ss&from=input&page=3&q=bael&sort=priceasc&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.10677f6d0CNJIB

image.jpeg

I bought one kilo of Bael here and have been making tea with it...... 

20220118_145022.jpg

20220118_144930.jpg

Edited by fforest
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, SteveBC said:

I've seen that fruit for sale in the markets up this way, also in Pattaya in the covered market in Pattaya Tai. But never really given it any thought, but next time i will buy some and give it a go mate.

I have never eaten the fruit, so I can't speak for that....

I will say I have a bit of a hobby buying herbs and spices and teas and fruits off Shopee and Lazada that I have never tried before,to see if they are something I might like...........And to be honest I would not recommend any thing I have bought because none of it was worth writing home about.....

But the Bael tea...Wow this stuff is great....The taste, plus it's also a bit of a mood brightener...At least for me....

Edited by fforest

1 hour ago, fforest said:

I have never eaten the fruit, so I can't speak for that....

I will say I have a bit of a hobby buying herbs and spices and teas and fruits off Shopee and Lazada that I have never tried before,to see if they are something I might like...........And to be honest I would not recommend any thing I have bought because none of it was worth writing home about.....

But the Bael tea...Wow this stuff is great....The taste, plus it's also a bit of a mood brightener...At least for me....

Every time i have seen it, it has always been sliced and dried as in your picture.

I'll do the same as you, infuse it into a brew.....