Philippines to fully open up in Feb - No ASQ, no Home quarantine.

Butch

I heard this second hand and read it also in the Bangkok post that fully vaccinated visitors will be able to visit the Philippines without any need for Quarantine from 1st Feb.

This is dependent of course upon the presentation of a clear PCR test within 48 hours of arrival.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1546537/palace-facility-quarantine-no-longer-required-for-fully-vaxxed-travelers-starting-feb-1?utm_source=gallery&utm_medium=direct

Edited by Butch
  • Like 3

This is also excellent news for those of us interested in Thailand, rather than the PI. Surely it will be just the beginning of many of the countries in SEA opening up, something the Thais will not be able to ignore if they value their tourist industry.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Bazle said:

This is also excellent news for those of us interested in Thailand, rather than the PI. Surely it will be just the beginning of many of the countries in SEA opening up, something the Thais will not be able to ignore if they value their tourist industry.

But that is the problem, those currently in power don't value it, they grudgingly tolerate it to a certain extent.

18 hours ago, Butch said:

I heard this second hand and read it also in the Bangkok post that fully vaccinated visitors will be able to visit the Philippines without any need for Quarantine from 1st Feb.

This is dependent of course upon the presentation of a clear PCR test within 48 hours of arrival.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1546537/palace-facility-quarantine-no-longer-required-for-fully-vaxxed-travelers-starting-feb-1?utm_source=gallery&utm_medium=direct

That's good news for the many that have been trying to return back there since this shit started. 3 guys I have met recently here in Patong are very happy right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

That's good news for the many that have been trying to return back there since this shit started. 3 guys I have met recently here in Patong are very happy right now.

The Mrs is over the moon. Flights are being booked, and although they are expensive, the cost is mitigated by the fact we've not been there since 2019.

It shows a Govt that is listening to the science rather than a knee jerk reaction, and the Filipino's love a bit of bureaucracy and paper shuffling if nothing else. Additionally, from what I gather is also that the Balikbayans were beginning to get slightly pissed off with it all as well.

Whether or not AC will open up fully is yet to be seen, and as (by my own admission) I know very little, if anything about AC I'll not make any comment.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Butch said:

Whether or not AC will open up fully is yet to be seen, and as (by my own admission) I know very little, if anything about AC I'll not make any comment.

AC is the absolute pits and every time I visited I vowed I would never go back and then back I went! 🤣

It was of course the "men behaving badly" guys I went with that made it so enjoyable. That plus it was generally rammed with pussy although quantity often prevailed over quality.

It will be interesting to get some first hand reports on what AC has become. 

• Haha 1

Excellent news and the requirements are basically just a PCR 48 hours before flight leaves UK, something Thailand could take note of.

Can't go right now but looks good for a side trip when in Thailand (hopefully) in July or just to Philippines if Thailand plays the bad guy.

6 hours ago, biggles said:

Just a word of caution. Most local govt areas have their own rules to enter, including malls, etc. At the moment these may include proof of vaccination, so if you don't have it traveling around may be difficult. 

No real hassle if one has loaded the NHS vaccination App on a phone.

They added proof of the booster jag to my Scottish version straight away.

• 1 month later...

Slight change in the rules regarding entry to the RP, for the better actually.

According to current sources, a 48 hour PCR or a 24 hour lateral flow before departure is now all that is needed, along with proof of vaccination that meets the criteria specified.

Also, note that each passenger must register for the "One Health Pass" 72 hours prior to departure*

https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/

And once registered, need also fill in their e-HDC 24 hours prior to departure and receive their QR code*

https://onehealthpass.com.ph/e-HDC/OHP-Registration/

* disclaimer:

The One Health Pass need to be done within 72 hours of departure, but there are conflicting reports, however the official website above says maximum of 72 hours prior.

The e-DHC asks for a negative PCR on some websites, but according to other sources a negative Lateral Flow is enough. The Form itself asks for a 24 hour Lateral flow OR 48 hour PCR.

As always, the usual Caveats apply, exercise due diligence if travelling there etc.

Edited by Butch

• 2 weeks later...

This applies to UK departures.

Update to this thread to clear up the LFT/ RT-PCR confusion:

(Note: One Health Pass can be registered for 72 hours pre departure. E-HDC Must be updated no earlier than 24 hours of departure from Country of origin. For trips which take longer than 24 hours, consult the airline / Philgov website)

Upon receipt of a negative covid 19 test specified follows:

48 Hour prior to departure from Country of origin a negative RT-PCR or a 24 Hour Laboratory based (NOT home self test kit) Negative Rapid Antigen Test along with a UKAS Company Certified Fit to Fly Certificate in both cases. Electronic copies are accepted by some, but not all Airlines thus hard copies preferred. Philippine Immigration accepts electronic copies.

Next Step:

Update the One Health Pass and also no earlier than 24 hours prior to departure, update the E-DHC and acquire the QR code and save to your phone for presentation at Port of Departure and Philippine Immigration.

In essence:

Fit to fly Cert showing negative RT-PCR max 48 hours prior to departure

OR

Fit to fly cert showing negative Rapid Antigen test Max 24 hours prior to departure

THEN

One Health Pass updated.

EDHC Declaration QR code max 24 hours prior to departure.

As an edit in:

If your airline requests a PCR to fly with them, then you will need that. However, at the moment most , if not all Airlines are requiring that as long as the final destination requirements are met, then that is accepted for boarding.

For example, Singapore Airlines require transit pax in Singapore to meet the requirements of their destination only.

Edited by Butch

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 7:43 PM, boydeste said:

Won't be rushing to visit under those requirements any time soon.

Will be a cold day in Hell before I go back to the Philippines, it is the only country that managed to fine me because I left BEFORE my visa expired, just because I forgot to keep track of my Emigration Clearance Certificate... f^kin morons. "Your visa expires tomorrow, you have to pay 1500 pesos if you leave now.". Filipino logic is far worse than Thai logic...

• Surprised 2

On 4/2/2022 at 6:47 PM, Butch said:

This applies to UK departures.

Update to this thread to clear up the LFT/ RT-PCR confusion:

(Note: One Health Pass can be registered for 72 hours pre departure. E-HDC Must be updated no earlier than 24 hours of departure from Country of origin. For trips which take longer than 24 hours, consult the airline / Philgov website)

Upon receipt of a negative covid 19 test specified follows:

48 Hour prior to departure from Country of origin a negative RT-PCR or a 24 Hour Laboratory based (NOT home self test kit) Negative Rapid Antigen Test along with a UKAS Company Certified Fit to Fly Certificate in both cases. Electronic copies are accepted by some, but not all Airlines thus hard copies preferred. Philippine Immigration accepts electronic copies.

Next Step:

Update the One Health Pass and also no earlier than 24 hours prior to departure, update the E-DHC and acquire the QR code and save to your phone for presentation at Port of Departure and Philippine Immigration.

In essence:

Fit to fly Cert showing negative RT-PCR max 48 hours prior to departure

Fit to fly cert showing negative Rapid Antigen test Max 24 hours prior to departure

One Health Pass updated.

EDHC Declaration QR code max 24 hours prior to departure.

As an edit in:

If your airline requests a PCR to fly with them, then you will need that. However, at the moment most , if not all Airlines are requiring that as long as the final destination requirements are met, then that is accepted for boarding.

For example, Singapore Airlines require transit pax in Singapore to meet the requirements of their destination only.

Words like fcuk that for a game of soldiers springs to mind ..... joke but not funny on behalf of Flippers. Authoritarian governments love all this control shite ..... look at Splurgeon in Scotland.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, Horizondave said:

Got to say that as much as it looks quite confusing written down it looks quite easy to sort out in reality

I am going in August from Thailand so hope the entry regulations are even more reduced by then.

Actually @Horizondave you’re right,I don’t really make it sound very easy, probably as a result of my writing and I’ve not really communicated it very well tbh. I’ve since edited it a bit.

It is, in practice much easier.

24 hour lateral flow, fill in OHP details which now auto updates your e-DHC no earlier than 24 hrs before flight, and present proof of vaccination.

all electronic copies accepted, but hard copies preferred.

expected to get easier in July with talk of the binning of the e-DHC.

Additionally, EDSA entertainment Complex in Ermita, Manila has permanently closed. Building is boarded up and deserted. LA cafe (Manila bay cafe) on Del Pilar is still open and still very busy with FL’s asking 2k / 3k peso ST.

So I’m told.

Edited by Butch

32 minutes ago, Butch said:

Actually @Horizondave you’re right,I don’t really make it sound very easy, probably as a result of my writing and I’ve not really communicated it very well tbh. I’ve since edited it a bit.

It is, in practice much easier.

24 hour lateral flow, fill in OHP details which now auto updates your e-DHC no earlier than 24 hrs before flight, and present proof of vaccination.

all electronic copies accepted, but hard copies preferred.

expected to get easier in July with talk of the binning of the e-DHC.

Additionally, EDSA entertainment Complex in Ermita, Manila has permanently closed. Building is boarded up and deserted. LA cafe (Manila bay cafe) on Del Pilar is still open and still very busy with FL’s asking 2k / 3k peso ST.

So I’m told.

Thanks for update.

When I first started looking at entry requirements for both Thailand and Philippines the info written down looked very confusing but when you focus on the actual details required it becomes much easier especially when you see the info many times.

I am going to Thailand in July and Philippines in August so hope both sets of entry requirements are minimal by then.

For me the cost is also important as original entry rules would have added about £400 - £500 to the overall cost as there are 3 of us. Entry to P.I will just be me and will be much easier to deal with.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like this girl, she speaks well and makes it sound easier than we think. Again as long as you adhere to the times/dates it seems straight forward. Hopefully it will change again before I arrive in August. This is the up to date entry info from yesterday.