VAT refund fr tourists

Sea-Hawks

I bought a Seiko watch at the King Power shop on Sukhumvit Pattaya and filled out a form at the shop. Wore it for 3 months and went home to UK with the watch. I showed the paper in the Suvarnabhumi airport Departures lounge at the relevent customs counter and they gave me the cash back. I can,t remember the exact figures but it was worth the little trouble it was.

• Great Info 1

A couple of points from me:

1. When making the original purchase, you should have your passport with you.  Your passport number is required on the form.  Some shops insist on passport being produced; others not bothered.
  2. Keep the item you have purchased in your hand luggage; the Thai authorities have a right to ask you to produce the item.  The pay out desk is after luggage check in.
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, john luke said:

A couple of points from me:

1. When making the original purchase, you should have your passport with you.  Your passport number is required on the form.  Some shops insist on passport being produced; others not bothered.
  2. Keep the item you have purchased in your hand luggage; the Thai authorities have a right to ask you to produce the item.  The pay out desk is after luggage check in.

Ok, so this is only for items u take back home?

i can’t do VAT refund on things like a Fridge, tv for my condo???

• Haha 1