Phuket Taxi's

Glasseye

The Tuk Tuks are all at the front of Cafe Del Mar in Kamala (I was there a few weeks back)  so no getting away from them 🤣

Best way of getting away from them is download BOLT can use it all over Phuket nowadays .

They have (TukTuks) always been a bunch of robbing cunts , but all the online apps are slowly putting pay to that .

Only time I ever need a lift is at night after a beer most times I have a bike anyway .

Use the motorbike taxis or BOLT problem over , though BOLT still charge 200 within Patong yet crazy enough it's only 600 to the airport.

Edited by roomark
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Probably because a return fare is nearly guaranteed (or was pre-Covid).

I'm talking about on BOLT taxis and not sure if they are allowed to pick up at the airport (I got my Sister in law to pick me up so maybe they can  )

It's still cheap all over Phuket no matter where you go it's just that it's a fixed 150/ 200 in Patong.

Seems you can get a BOLT from the airport if you was alone choose economy , just over 550 baht ..

From Patong to Rawai is nearly 18km so BOLT makes it cheap just over 220 baht ..

No more worries about TUK TUKS and taxi rip offs.

Screenshot_20220201-061856_Bolt.jpg

Screenshot_20220201-061700_Bolt.jpg

Edited by roomark

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

Don't get too hopeful about being able to use Bolt. It seems the taxi mafia are getting at them - 

https://pattayaone.news/taxi-driver-fined-for-being-rude/

Mate

Never bothered me getting around down there as iv always said over the years..

Got my bike or I'll grab a motorbike taxi..

Longer journeys with family I'll drive or they can.

For a holiday , grab a motorbike taxi or two or more of you in a TUK TUK pay 200 baht around Patong is 200 baht the end of the world? Its literally £4 , a taxi in London probably charges that to open the door .

2 miles in a taxi where I'm from is probably £8

All the bad press stories iv never had a problem, just don't get in that situation or walk away there's always more on the way.

I seriously think ots the beginning of the end them having the monopoly down there I even noticed the old Thai buses were up and running too , which they weren't for years.

Edited by roomark

10 hours ago, roomark said:

Seems you can get a BOLT from the airport if you was alone choose economy , just over 550 baht ..

From Patong to Rawai is nearly 18km so BOLT makes it cheap just over 220 baht ..

No more worries about TUK TUKS and taxi rip offs.

Screenshot_20220201-061856_Bolt.jpg

Screenshot_20220201-061700_Bolt.jpg

No one will take you from Patong to Rawai for that price, first time my driver rang me and said 500b or I not come. It was 730am so I paid it. Seemed reasonable to me considering the distance.  The second time I tried, I selected the next highest price at 367b and I did get a driver to take me both ways for 400. Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, boydeste said:

No one will take you from Patong to Rawai for that price, first time my driver rang me and said 500b or I not come. It was 730am so I paid it. Seemed reasonable to me considering the distance.  The second time I tried, I selected the next highest price at 367b and I did get a driver to take me both ways for 400. Lol

Lol 400 still a good price for 18km..

Never used them for that journey I love taking the bike on the coast road down there one of my favourite rides and one thing I always miss 🙈

11 hours ago, roomark said:

Lol 400 still a good price for 18km..

Never used them for that journey I love taking the bike on the coast road down there one of my favourite rides and one thing I always miss 🙈

Yes, to be fair, I didn't have a problem with 500 either, it's a 30 minute drive. That's comparible to what a similar journey costs me at home to get into the City.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yes, to be fair, I didn't have a problem with 500 either, it's a 30 minute drive. That's comparible to what a similar journey costs me at home to get into the City.

One of the many things I like about Chiang Mai.... Much cheaper to get around on Grab and/or Bolt than most places in LOS.

And... hell of a lot cheaper than Uber is back here !