Bangkok 3 Day Visit

roobob

On 2/3/2022 at 6:46 PM, maipenrai said:

I stayed in there once myself and it was okay, but I much preferred their sister hotel, the Dynasty Grande a little ways up Roi 6 which is also apparently shut down at this time although I haven't heard any other news regarding it. 

Same, the Dynasty Grande was my first ever hotel in Thailand. It was very new itself at the time. I subsequently tried about 8 or 9 different hotels along the Nana/Asoke strip over the years but always had a soft spot for Dynasty Grande. The website is still up but has no updates and it is not possible to book anything through end of 2022.

We shall keep a light burning....... 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, roobob said:

Vaccinated and unvaccinated people .....all of us..... can all get about together...enjoy each others company.... and get on with things...... and the sky will not fall in.

From today's Bangkok Post...

"...(Thailand) registered 10,490 more Covid-19 cases and 21 new fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Saturday morning.

This compared with 9,909 new cases and 22 coronavirus-related fatalities reported on Friday morning..."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2259251/10-490-new-covid-cases-21-more-deaths

20 minutes ago, lazarus said:

From today's Bangkok Post...

"...(Thailand) registered 10,490 more Covid-19 cases and 21 new fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Saturday morning.

This compared with 9,909 new cases and 22 coronavirus-related fatalities reported on Friday morning..."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2259251/10-490-new-covid-cases-21-more-deaths

I was just outside...the sky has not fallen in ....and I was just giving my opinion after actually doing some travel here now in this present day in Thailand and what was actually taking place..... you know...the reality of things.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Well done, 7/1 was always one of my favourite spots

It will have an impact on Soi 4 I reckon. 

The Beer Garden was open and I had a look in in the afternoon and at night and it was the deadest I have ever seen it.

cheers

Glad someone 'took if for the team' to report that much of lower Sukhumvit was closed except there were still a few hookers around. Sad reality of the continued onslaught of a global pandemic.

Wonder how long it will go on in Thailand?

Edited by lazarus
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

@roobob  Thanks for sharing your experience with us, I will be there soon, it's always nice to get up to date info.

Thanks mate.

You will have a good time. It is not all the doom and gloom that some are reporting.

Yes things are not the same but slowly are getting back to where it was.

cheers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Glad someone 'took if for the team' to report that much of lower Sukhumvit was closed except there were still a few hookers around. Sad reality of the continued onslaught of a global pandemic.

Wonder how long it will go on in Thailand?

Mate..seriously you are indeed the ultimate sad sack.

Whenever someone posts up something positive on Thailand or give their actual on the ground experience you are one of the first to jump in with constant negative posts...why is that??

The only serious continued onslaught of the a global pandemic is in your own little bubble world and your mind.

Fair dinkum mate...grow up ...... get yourself off the keyboard for awhile and get a life 

cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, roobob said:

Mate..seriously you are indeed the ultimate sad sack.

Whenever someone posts up something positive on Thailand or give their actual on the ground experience you are one of the first to jump in with constant negative posts...why is that??

The only serious continued onslaught of the a global pandemic is in your own little bubble world and your mind.

Fair dinkum mate...grow up ...... get yourself off the keyboard for awhile and get a life 

cheers

Seems I hit a nerve?

I thought it was a good trip report. We learned that one can travel unvaccinated on AirAsia despite policies stating otherwise. We learned that many hotels and favorite spots around lower Sukhumvit are closed.

Like you, I just offered my opinion of what you described and photographed...nothing more. "Taking one for team" is a positive expression...in case you don't know. 

You mentioned reality awhile back in this thread. The reality is you are in a country where Covid infection rates are climbing. Many business are closed or empty. Other board members have mentioned this in their recent trip reports and recommended people stay home (or stay out of Bangkok) because "Covid is running rampant." Your report (and the latest Bangkok news) just confirmed this. Thank you.

You are traveling unvaccinated so you claim? And after circulating in the heart of Bangkok you climb back on a plane and flew home to "backwater" peaceful Isaan. Did you bother to get tested prior to returning home? Will you wear a mask everywhere you go or isolate yourself for a week or so? I know...you live your life with utmost personal responsibility, right?

I have an excellent full life. I live in a great city with fresh air, world class amenities, and almost no Covid. The health authorities will declare Covid locally "endemic" within a few weeks. The only inconvenience is having to wear a mask indoors in public places and to prove vaccination to eat or drink indoors. There are no restrictions except for non-citizens flying in from other countries -- they must be vaccinated (see link below).

I choose to participate on this forum by choice. No bubble, mate. 

Capture.JPG

US travel requirements for non-citizens: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html#:~:text=You must be fully vaccinated,States on an immigrant visa).

(I see Mr. Mosquito gave you a 👍. Nice.)

Edited by lazarus
lol
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, lazarus said:

Seems I hit a nerve?

I thought it was a good trip report. We learned that one can travel unvaccinated on AirAsia despite policies stating otherwise. We learned that many hotels and favorite spots around lower Sukhumvit are closed.

Like you, I just offered my opinion of what you described and photographed...nothing more. "Taking one for team" is a positive expression...in case you don't know. 

You mentioned reality awhile back in this thread. The reality is you are in a country where Covid infection rates are climbing. Many business are closed or empty. Other board members have mentioned this in their recent trip reports and recommended people stay home (or stay out of Bangkok) because "Covid is running rampant." Your report (and the latest Bangkok news) just confirmed this. Thank you.

You are traveling unvaccinated so you claim? And after circulating in the heart of Bangkok you climb back on a plane and flew home to "backwater" peaceful Isaan. Did you bother to get tested prior to returning home? Will you wear a mask everywhere you go or isolate yourself for a week or so? I know...you live your life with utmost personal responsibility, right?

I have an excellent full life. I live in a great city with fresh air, world class amenities, and almost no Covid. The health authorities will declare Covid locally "endemic" within a few weeks. The only inconvenience is having to wear a mask indoors in public places and to prove vaccination to eat or drink indoors. There are no restrictions except for non-citizens flying in from other countries -- they must be vaccinated (see link below).

I choose to participate on this forum by choice. No bubble, mate. 

Capture.JPG

US travel requirements for non-citizens: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html#:~:text=You must be fully vaccinated,States on an immigrant visa).

(I see Mr. Mosquito gave you a 👍. Nice.)

Like I said...you are the ultimate sad sack ....... and now are stooping to nit picking to who gives other BMs an emoji.... is that what you do to for you to have an excellent full life......555.

The only life you have is spending all your time on the forum tapping on your keyboard to post up your doom and gloom messages.  One only has to look at your content and times you post up ....... you would never get out of the house....lol..

Ahh...again another little subtle dig at where I live......  the way you continually bring it up makes one wonder that you are jealous of me being able to live in that area......but I am in the North East ...not the Midwest....555

To your link...I suggest you actually read what it says before you claim something......lol.

Do not worry......you are safe as I have no plans of visiting the USA again...... my days of returning there for a visit have passed.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 10:04 PM, Atticus said:

I hope the Bull stays there even if Bullies doesn't survive. They had a very nice chef there back around 2018/19. 

According to a very skinny man on the interweb Bullies is set to reopen in early March. The iconic Bull will remain in place.