Favorite Smells

Glasseye

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No matter which field cows are grazing in there is at least one gateway that they have to use on their way to the milking sheds. That gateway is normally where they piss and shit as they pass through.

THAT by itself is one of my favourite smells but if you are there when the cows are passing through then it is heaven on earth !!

That explains why you are living in Pattaya.      5555555555555555555555 !

• Haha 1

When I was a child I actually liked the smell of kerosene and mineral turpentine. 

Nowadays I prefer the smell of:

Gentle rain that falls on warm asphalt or stone. 

Fresh made coffee

Sea buckthorn berries

Cardamom

Thyme

Edited by Lirchenfeld
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is going to sound daft but:

The smell of an air conditioner right up close when it's on. Takes me back to my days in Oman when we had the massive units that sat against a wall on the floor.

Chanel number 5, my Mum's favourite perfume. Reminds me of those days when I got a cuddle. RIP Mum xxx.

Castrol "R" oil. from a 2 stroke. @galenkiaknows what I'm on about.

Hotel Corridors, but not crap Hotels, decent ones like the Hilton.

Bergamot from a Lime.

Nice to see so many of us remember that characteristic smell of  Castrol "R" - takes me right back to the dawn of my motorcycle mania. 

I'm not usually much for smells myself but I do like the smell of the air after a rain shower here in the north...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Butch said:

This is going to sound daft but:

The smell of an air conditioner right up close when it's on. Takes me back to my days in Oman when we had the massive units that sat against a wall on the floor.

Chanel number 5, my Mum's favourite perfume. Reminds me of those days when I got a cuddle. RIP Mum xxx.

Castrol "R" oil. from a 2 stroke. @galenkiaknows what I'm on about.

Hotel Corridors, but not crap Hotels, decent ones like the Hilton.

Bergamot from a Lime.

My Mom used to wear #5 as well. My family never had much money, that was her one luxury. Dad used to give her a bottle every year. Sweet memory.

• Like 1