"Totally different from his board persona"

Butch

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I try to keep an open mind as people online are not always what I expect.  But I can think of one member of another Forum (no names mentioned) who turned out to be as equaly obnoxious in person, though I kind of expected it. 

I know of whom you speak. Ironic that 2 different people could meet the same conclusion although I've never met him LOL.

In truth though, maybe a minority are different from their board persona. It's not different from when you work with a bloke who's a total asshat at work but outside of it, he's one of the nicest people you could meet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've met some great blokes in here (and the other forum most of in here know, and once loved). Made good friends with many I've actually met. And friends with some I haven't met yet. But I think I have a pretty good nose for who I haven't met.... high percentage of them are I'm sure great guys in person.

As far as some of the phonies, and rejects. I don't waste time thinking much about them. Toss bags everywhere, waste of time and space. Sorry mother fuckers.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/5/2022 at 7:33 AM, Nightcrawler said:

I try to keep an open mind as people online are not always what I expect.  But I can think of one member of another Forum (no names mentioned) who turned out to be as equaly obnoxious in person, though I kind of expected it. 

If its who I think your referring to he's a lot worse in real life

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, nampla69 said:

Two names leap out at me from Butch's opening post.

Matty from Cambridge and young Brian from Dunstable ....... 

few BMs on here know who I mean ...,,,,,,, 

Met them both , lovely guys 👍

Matt and Pukky at Heathrow for a few drinks before an EVA flight 

Brian on one of his weekend trips to Patts 😉 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Matty was in Patts the same time as me in 2019 and we arranged through Alex to meet up in The Rockhouse

He never turned up , said he was on his way but never made it twice.

He lost his nut , not long after so maybe it was a good thing.

Brian never met him , but he was a sound fella on the boards...

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, roomark said:

Matty was in Patts the same time as me in 2019 and we arranged through Alex to meet up in The Rockhouse

He never turned up , said he was on his way but never made it twice.

He lost his nut , not long after so maybe it was a good thing.

Brian never met him , but he was a sound fella on the boards...

That reminds me of a story with a fellow Canadian BM from where I used to live. Met him on Secrets board, and we exchanged texts and decided to to meet up. Well he cancels because of a “bad back” just as I’m pulling into the parking lot, and I was understandably very pissed off. 

Couldn’t have been more wrong, we got together probably 5 more times in the next few years, and he footed the bill each time. Had a lovely Pinay wife too, who joined us sometimes. Just an awesome guy who I unfortunately lost touch with and now live very far away from

Yeah, so just because your guard is up meeting someone from a “mongers board”, doesn’t mean the guy is strange because he misses a meet up the first time. And let’s be honest, while there are many con artists in Asia, I think with just a few hundred big time posters on this and other boards……bad news travels fast and the guy wouldn’t last long among us. 
I remember one lesser known BM who failed to repay one our departed members a mere 1,000 baht…..Christ he never forgave him and let the whole board know about it

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I thought Brian was from Luton, but then I am just an unworldly colonial; if it is indeed the same Brian, we had lots of fun on one of his longer trips....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

I thought Brian was from Luton, but then I am just an unworldly colonial; if it is indeed the same Brian, we had lots of fun on one of his longer trips....

It's the same Brian, Luton and Dunstable are pretty much joined. I think he does live in Luton but we all used to meet up at the Ewe and Lamb pub in Dunstable on the Luton Road.

Spent quite a bit of time in Brians company, both in Pattaya and the UK, a fun guy for sure.

Met Mathew and Pukky at one of the "Luton get togethers" too. Another nice couple,  but very different to his board persona! 

Edited by boydeste
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

It's the same Brian, Luton and Dunstable are pretty much joined. I think he does live in Luton but we all used to meet up at the Ewe and Lamb pub in Dunstable on the Luton Road.

Spent quite a bit of time in Brians company, both in Pattaya and the UK, a fun guy for sure.

Met Mathew and Pukky at one of the "Luton get togethers" too. Another nice couple,  but very different to his board persona! 

I'm friends with Brian on FB and we talk occasionally and slag each other's football teams off.

• Haha 3