"Totally different from his board persona"

Butch

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Never met UKGuy, but he came across as just a regular guy who was always joking and never took anything too seriously. Shame he never got onboard here……

Yeah, good lad on the Secrets forum. One member I'd love to have met but never did. We have similar sense of humour so reckon we would have got on great. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Often wonder how Code is doing. Quite a character, over the years attempts to meet up never panned out.

Certainly did spice things up a bit. I've never gotten the low down on why he left. I am guessing it was for good reason as he could often get a little cantankerous from time to time. But, I sure did enjoy some of his posts as he did contribute a great deal. Just sometimes got a little to big for his britches I reckon. 

Speaking of Spicing things up... Ol Thai Spice... Another classic poster who ocassionally would get under some folks skin (including mine), but all the same enjoyed his contributions.

Me neither although we spoke on the phone a couple of times as I recall regarding posts of mutual interest.

Code's posts unfortunately all too often gave one the impression that he was somebody that seemed to attract violence like a magnet. Most people, including me, spend a lifetime "generally" successfully trying to avoid conflict.

I remember Code making a post on the subject of the use of a pencil as a tactical weapon. I use a pencil to do the crossword in my Daily Record.

Thai Spice was a misogynistic drunk and a legend in his own mind.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Me neither although we spoke on the phone a couple of times as I recall regarding posts of mutual interest.

Code's posts unfortunately all too often gave one the impression that he was somebody that seemed to attract violence like a magnet. Most people, including me, spend a lifetime "generally" successfully trying to avoid conflict.

I remember Code making a post on the subject of the use of a pencil as a tactical weapon. I use a pencil to do the crossword in my Daily Record.

I thought it was a fork?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

Yes.... He did seem to attract a few flies.... I called him a "shit magnet", affectionately.

16 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Seems he forgot as he was the one told me that he never saw a trip through to the end 🤣

Yup, he does like to joke about them. I been there for all his trips except one he did around September,  I believe he stayed the duration that one too! 

He lasted 5 days on his last one. Lol

Edited by boydeste

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Often wonder how Code is doing. Quite a character, over the years attempts to meet up never panned out.

Certainly did spice things up a bit. I've never gotten the low down on why he left. I am guessing it was for good reason as he could often get a little cantankerous from time to time. But, I sure did enjoy some of his posts as he did contribute a great deal. Just sometimes got a little to big for his britches I reckon. 

Speaking of Spicing things up... Ol Thai Spice... Another classic poster who ocassionally would get under some folks skin (including mine), but all the same enjoyed his contributions.

Great character Code ...... really good company.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Great character Code ...... really good company.

Which kind of supports the essence of this topic.

I often used to wonder whether he was a "Walter Mitty" kind of character but I would never dream of directly suggesting that as I bruise very easily. :default_dirol:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I don't see the point of being, or trying to be any different on Forums or Social media etc than you really are. 

I do think that many people fall fail of posting whilst drunk, there are good drunks and some not so, just like in real life.

Unfortunately a drunken rant once too often is the demise of many otherwise decent guys on forums.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I agree, what you see is what you get with him. It's a shame he couldn't tone it down a bit for the forum. 

I always wondered if he really did all the stuff he said he did. How can one person get into so many rucks? 🧐

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

I always wondered if he really did all the stuff he said he did. How can one person get into so many rucks? 🧐

Well, one of the times we were out together in Pattaya,  he nearly turned an innocent situation into a potential nightmare with the Tourist Police. I was gob smacked with his attitude towards them. 

Fortunately I managed to drag him into Baby dolls to chill out. Lol. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

He is a highly intelligent guy who has travelled and worked all over the World. Really interesting guy to chat to, but he does have an edge to him. Lol.

• Great Info 2

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

I do think that many people fall fail of posting whilst drunk, there are good drunks and some not so, just like in real life.

Unfortunately a drunken rant once too often is the demise of many otherwise decent guys on forums.

You're thinking about Ivan the Terrible here ..... a good drunk IMHO ........ probably locked down still in Oz.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

He is a highly intelligent guy who has travelled and worked all over the World. Really interesting guy to chat to, but he does have an edge to him. Lol.

I met Code briefly once in the old Secrets bar in the company of a couple of other boardies and he seemed alright; later he left a note on my messenger to meet up in BKK but I unfortunately missed it - I often wonder what kind of night we would have ended up having! Seemed to me, reading his accounts of physical mayhem,  that you could take the boy out of Brooklyn but you couldn't take Brooklyn out of the boy. 

I also made arrangements to meet up with Thai Spice who had planned to stay at the same hotel as me but one of his kids showed up at the last minute and dragged him off instead - too bad, I was looking forward to it as he always struck me as being an interesting guy. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

Well, one of the times we were out together in Pattaya,  he nearly turned an innocent situation into a potential nightmare with the Tourist Police. I was gob smacked with his attitude towards them. 

Fortunately I managed to drag him into Baby dolls to chill out. Lol. 

Yep

I know of a couple of guys who met up with who had to spend a chunk of their time calming him down.  I suspect his posts on here weren't far off his real persona (I've not met him myself).

Edited by Lemondropkid