"Totally different from his board persona"

Butch

On 2/19/2022 at 8:57 PM, thegrogmonster said:

Matty has been banned from Pattaya Live and has just joined Pattaya Addicts as mattylouis.

What did he get banned for, the usual drunken paranoid attacks?

That said, some of the stuff that got posted to him by one particular poster was unbelievably bad, stuff like any wonder his dad killed himself etc. 

Really vile stuff like that,  and moreso how it was allowed, was part of the reason I stopped using PL. 

On 2/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, thegrogmonster said:

Matty has been banned from Pattaya Live and has just joined Pattaya Addicts as mattylouis.

Looks like he's just resurrected an old account on Addicts.  I don't think he's banned from Live as I'm sure I read Alex saying recently he'd unlocked his account after previous suspensions, none of which were for not paying as he claimed on Addicts.

image.png

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Totally agree that different personalities make a forum, but there are limits to people's behaviour and that's where the owners,  admin and mods have to decide what sort of environment they wish to provide for the members. 

Long may that remain,  otherwise you just end up with a shit fest, which no one really wants to be part of. 

Well said mate. I take my hat off to Mods...damned if they do...damned if they don't.

What gets me is when someone has a run in with a Mod on a forum...then runs to another forum moaning and groaning about it knowing that only their side of the story is the only one which will be heard.

Also when a BM has a run in with a Mod over a difference of an opinion on a subject and then threatens the Mod for doing so.... then complains for being pulled up for it..... stupid. Some should remember even though they are Mods/Admin...they are also BMs and should be allowed to add to discussions on the forum.

When are you coming out of retirement mate...555...

cheers 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Well said mate. I take my hat off to Mods...damned if they do...damned if they don't.

What gets me is when someone has a run in with a Mod on a forum...then runs to another forum moaning and groaning about it knowing that only their side of the story is the only one which will be heard.

Also when a BM has a run in with a Mod over a difference of an opinion on a subject and then threatens the Mod for doing so.... then complains for being pulled up for it..... stupid. Some should remember even though they are Mods/Admin...they are also BMs and should be allowed to add to discussions on the forum.

When are you coming out of retirement mate...555...

cheers 

The lucky bugger is having too good a time in Thailand to come out of modding retirement 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

I had a bm threaten me ,he basically said you will need eyes in the back of your head because if he or his mates saw me they would give me a Good hiding ( had given him a holiday for continually startling verbal attacks on various members)

On this board or PL? 

1 hour ago, Nickrock said:

I had a bm threaten me ,he basically said you will need eyes in the back of your head because if he or his mates saw me they would give me a Good hiding ( had given him a holiday for continually startling verbal attacks on various members)

I remember the guy on Secrets who decided to (marry?) a Secrets lady,declared she was now off-limits, then showed himself in a ninja mask/balaclava for one of his final posts…….yeah really

31 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I remember the guy on Secrets who decided to (marry?) a Secrets lady,declared she was now off-limits, then showed himself in a ninja mask/balaclava for one of his final posts…….yeah really

If it's who I think it was .... met him passed out drunk shortly after on the Bleachers in Secrets.

His 'lady friend' told me it would not last and she was right ....

... lady already had more giks than you probably have golf clubs ...... 

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

If it's who I think it was .... met him passed out drunk shortly after on the Bleachers in Secrets.

The bleachers? Was there a cheering section in there? I was definitely a fan, though

• Haha 1

Well i still miss TS, CSB and ITT, bloody shame they had to go imo. When forums are only made up of yes men blowing smoke up each others asses they become very boring very quickly imo.

Getting back to the topic title i sincerely hope Changfai from the Secrets board is nothing like his board persona in real life.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i still miss TS, CSB and ITT, bloody shame they had to go imo. When forums are only made up of yes men blowing smoke up each others asses they become very boring very quickly imo.

Getting back to the topic title i sincerely hope Changfai from the Secrets board is nothing like his board persona in real life.

My guess is that he is here under a different persona than what you are used to too!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Surprised 1

On 2/19/2022 at 3:25 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Not surprising. He tries to lay a guilt trip on members for not posting, rather than maybe trying to find out why members don't post much

The answer of course is quite obvious, but maybe he doesn't want to hear why?

He's done it with lots of members, not just you. He has this idea that everyone should be loyal to him, just in the way that he tries to make people feel guilty for not visiting the Rock House every night when they are in town. 

How this forum has changed! Before the buy out you'd be lucky to cast the Rock House in a disparaging light without getting a severe warning or two. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/21/2022 at 1:45 AM, Krapow said:

Really vile stuff like that,  and moreso how it was allowed, was part of the reason I stopped using PL. 

Indeed!

Difficult for anybody to control when the forum/bar owner posts that children of serving soldiers in NI should be killed.

I am struggling to remember Matty's original BM name on PT. A very far left wing troll nutter from London. On PL he was a self employed carpenter or some such nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Indeed!

Difficult for anybody to control when the forum/bar owner posts that children of serving soldiers in NI should be killed.

I am struggling to remember Matty's original BM name on PT. A very far left wing troll nutter from London. On PL he was a self employed carpenter or some such nonsense.

The problem is that a lot of people are bertie big bollocks from behind the safety of a keyboard and will not back down until actually proven wrong or challenged in person, whereupon they become shrinking violets or put up an emoji or somesuch tosh. all of a sudden they go quiet or less provocative for a while, then start again. It's in their nature. Cowardly acts of verbal aggression to make up for their own personal shortfalls.

In some ways, this is when guys like Codeslayerbkk are missed on a forum, although a slightly abrasive persona, he wouldn't stand for people making statements such as the one highlighted in your post @Derek Dangleberries and would call them out on it. (although I know it was on a different forum and our Mods wouldn't entertain such behaviour)

This is the Internet though guys. I'll have good money we can all remember a time before it and probably look upon those days with a slight nostalgia and wry smile.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 3

On 2/21/2022 at 4:06 PM, nampla69 said:

Baawwwhahahah !!!

On 2/21/2022 at 9:01 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

As far as I know, no one on any of the Pattaya boards has ever met Changfai in person, so it's impossible to say what he is like in real life.  But he certainly displayed extreme aggression in his posts on Secrets.   I realize there's sometimes a fine and not always clear line between acceptable banter and insults, but Changfai placed himself on the wrong side of that line.  There was nothing friendly or funny about his posts aimed at other members; his only intention was to hurt and insult in the hopes of disrupting the board and driving members away. 

Who knows why?  Maybe he's a psycho loner IRL, but most likely it's because disrupting an Internet forum gives him a sense of power. On Secrets, he used to mercilessly stalk the BM who used the handle GoGoLover.  It was pathetic.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:01 PM, boydeste said:

My guess is that he is here under a different persona than what you are used to too!

Mega-trolls like Changfai; Budapest Baggins (Pattaya's most evil-minded hobbit); and the Canadian whose hair is black always have numerous handles.  Mostly they use them for lurking, but occasionally they'll allow the extra handles out from under their cyber bridges and onto the forums.  Nowadays multi-handle trolls get caught by the Mods quickly if they start to post.  But as long as they refrain from the type of comments that got them tossed off other boards, I don't see any harm in letting them lurk at the lowest board level.  animated-smileys-waving-002.gif Changfai,   animated-smileys-waving-002.gif Gabor!

Evil

• Like 4