Ex-Canadian "Gangster" Murdered in Phuket

lazarus

Getting hot in the sandbox.

Notorious former B.C. gangster shot to death in Thailand
Several sources confirmed Jimi 'Slice' Sandhu had been killed in the targeted shooting. Rivals in the Brothers Keepers gang were posting insults and taunts on social media when the news broke

A former B.C. gangster deported for “serious criminality” six years ago on Friday night in Phuket. The tourist was shot at least 10 times by two gunmen as he drove back to his hotel in Phuket at 10.30pm. A CCTV camera captures the incident and police are searching for the two assailants...

jimi_220770192-w.jpg

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/former-b-c-gangster-shot-to-death-in-thailand?fbclid=IwAR0zzou8JgZyjMlPbLimhj3RbwW6muN5nUACSMOLahUU0qe_SDITcKBzHdI

Edited by lazarus
tech glitch.

19 shots from a .38 and it's six hours before the body is found? Something is fishy here.

. . .

The Bangkok Post does not mention the "gangster" connection:

Canadian man shot dead at Phuket hotel
Police hunting for two shooters seen on security video

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2259287/canadian-man-shot-dead-at-phuket-hotel

... The man was found lying face-down in a pool of blood behind a red MG hatchback with Phuket licence plates. Wearing a white T-shirt and cream shorts, he had sustained about 10 gunshot wounds. Police believe the man had died at least six hours before his body was discovered.

Nineteen spent cartridges from a .38 were found scattered around the area. Some banknotes and some dried marijuana were found inside the car...

11 minutes ago, tko said:

What I don't understand is why they are saying he's Canadian.  He was a gangster in Canada but was deported to India according to the article.  I don't believe you can deport your own citizens.

Yeah...maybe it just sounds more sensational in the headlines? 

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/gang-associate-loses-appeal-of-deportation-order

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I wonder how much was paid for that hit....

Probably quite a lot as I suspect it would have been rival gangsters rather than locally sourced mafia. A hit like that would surely be people known to the guys gang of felons, seems they did a good job, pretty convincing.

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Probably quite a lot as I suspect it would have been rival gangsters rather than locally sourced mafia. A hit like that would surely be people known to the guys gang of felons, seems they did a good job, pretty convincing.

Yep... Analyzing any possible CCTV recordings may indicate some things regarding the "race" of the individuals. That would be one thing to seriously look at.

The report indicated 19 rounds of .38 casings. If you had two shooters and it was actually a .38 that would indicate more than two guns and/or a reload. Perhaps they were actually using a .380 semi auto with larger magazines.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

35 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

The report indicated 19 rounds of .38 casings. If you had two shooters and it was actually a .38 that would indicate more than two guns and/or a reload. Perhaps they were actually using a .380 semi auto with larger magazines.

That's what I'd guess, as a .38 (revolver) doesn't leave casings unless the shooter for some reason decides to throw them on the ground.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Yep... Analyzing any possible CCTV recordings may indicate some things regarding the "race" of the individuals. That would be one thing to seriously look at.

Lots of South Asians in Thailand. Many are citizens (for centuries). Some are probably gangsters.

Plus, it's only about a 3+ hour direct plane ride from Calcutta to Phuket. The hitmen are probably already back home.

Or...plenty of local "mafia" on Phuket ready to do a job for a few thousand baht...Thai, Burmese, Chinese, etc.

You know the score better than most.

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

If he truly was a gangster, good riddance to bad rubbish. He wasn't the first to be killed in Thailand (see John Mieremet) and I doubt he will be the last. As long as no innocent bystanders are hurt, it may be a problem for the police but it certainly isn't mine.

Exactly, scum can kill other scum all they want to as long as innocents don't get caught in the crossfire - this fellow's demise is no loss to the planet Earth...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Ok first off, that photo is Jonathan Bacon, shot dead in a Cayenne in 2011, with several others hit and paralyzed. I had to scroll down to see who Sandhu was affiliated with, since the Brothers Keepers were taunting. He was with the United Nations, a huge group who like the name suggests, doesn’t discriminate in terms of members. Their leader was put away for 30+ years I believe in the USA for smuggling. 

Vancouver has a lot of South Asian “gangsters” , many are just wannabe kids who come from good working families with 8,000 square foot homes. They just want to look cool. But there some very serious dudes, and unfortunately much competition in the drug trade and hence many murders. A beautiful realtor was stabbed last week, 32 mom of 3 toddlers, and she almost lost her home to forfeiture a few years back. Not saying she deserved it, but her and her ex had a $3M home while declaring $30k a year income

And Sandhu is not the first to get hit while thinking  he was safe in another country. I’ve heard of others getting shot in broad daylight in Mexico. It’s not a great lifestyle for longevity……eventually it catches up to you

One guy who miraculously survived was Peter Adiwal, a Hindu kid who got shot 26 times, 6 in the face,  and survived. Saw a podcast with him and you just shake your head, some guys get lucky

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Ok first off, that photo is Jonathan Bacon, shot dead in a Cayenne in 2011, with several others hit and paralyzed...

Sounds like a rough bunch. We have gangs here in the Bay Area ... mostly Latin, Russian & SE Asian. There's a big prosperous South Asian and Afghani community near San Jose...so I imagine there's gangs there, too.

Thanks...missed the right photo. FIFY.

Edited by lazarus

8 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Ok first off, that photo is Jonathan Bacon, shot dead in a Cayenne in 2011, with several others hit and paralyzed. I had to scroll down to see who Sandhu was affiliated with, since the Brothers Keepers were taunting. He was with the United Nations, a huge group who like the name suggests, doesn’t discriminate in terms of members. Their leader was put away for 30+ years I believe in the USA for smuggling. 

Vancouver has a lot of South Asian “gangsters” , many are just wannabe kids who come from good working families with 8,000 square foot homes. They just want to look cool. But there some very serious dudes, and unfortunately much competition in the drug trade and hence many murders. A beautiful realtor was stabbed last week, 32 mom of 3 toddlers, and she almost lost her home to forfeiture a few years back. Not saying she deserved it, but her and her ex had a $3M home while declaring $30k a year income

And Sandhu is not the first to get hit while thinking  he was safe in another country. I’ve heard of others getting shot in broad daylight in Mexico. It’s not a great lifestyle for longevity……eventually it catches up to you

One guy who miraculously survived was Peter Adiwal, a Hindu kid who got shot 26 times, 6 in the face,  and survived. Saw a podcast with him and you just shake your head, some guys get lucky

The OP pic is not Bacon . 

• Thumbs Up 1

This explains the initial ID as a Canadian...

Police chief in Phuket to investigate Indian gangster's murder

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2260155/police-chief-in-phuket-to-investigate-indian-gangsters-murder

... The victim was initially identified by a passport found with him as Singh Mandeep, a Canadian of Indian descent. He was also carrying a driver’s licence bearing the name of another Canadian of Indian descent. He died in a hail of bullets fired by two hooded gunmen.

He was in fact Jimi Singh Sandhu, his true identity verified by Canadian police from fingerprints, said Pol Maj Gen Khemarin Hatsasiri, chief of the police foreign affairs division and deputy spokesman for the RTP. 

A check revealed the fingerprints matched those of a criminal suspect wanted by Canadian authorities, who had issued an alert that the man was believed to have fled to Thailand using a fake passport, Pol Maj Gen Khemarin said...