Ex-Canadian "Gangster" Murdered in Phuket

lazarus

3 hours ago, tko said:

They think they've found the two guns used and as suspected they're semi-autos, not .38s.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/police-in-phuket-find-guns-suspected-to-have-been-used-to-murder-jimi-sandhu

in my opinion there are also semi-autos with caliber 38. thaiger states they left the country where to? but the two influential persons will provide the police with the name of the purchasers loll

10 minutes ago, luigi said:

in my opinion there are also semi-autos with caliber 38. thaiger states they left the country where to? but the two influential persons will provide the police with the name of the purchasers loll

There are semi-autos that use .380s, which is the same caliber.  .38, .380, .38spl, and .357magnums are same caliber though the later two are longer rounds.  Of those only the .380 can be used in semi-autos.  The reports said .38 casings were found, which would not be correct.

• Great Info 3

4 hours ago, tko said:

They think they've found the two guns used and as suspected they're semi-autos, not .38s.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/police-in-phuket-find-guns-suspected-to-have-been-used-to-murder-jimi-sandhu

What I figured...

These guys are obviously pretty stupid. I predict they will be caught.

You can bet the baby that this info. is just a small piece of what they (po po) have.

Edited by Glasseye

The RTP are on the case!

...the killers are reportedly Canadian along with a Russian (mafia?) connection:

"..The police chief reiterated that arrest warrants for the two suspects, Canadian nationals, would be issued soon, even though they both left the country on Sunday. The gunmen were former soldiers, he added."

Indian family of slain gangster due in Phuket

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2262839/indian-family-of-slain-gangster-due-in-phuket

. . .

"...Meanwhile, Chalong police detained a 33-year-old Russian man for questioning on Thursday after he was spotted setting up a GPS system on the dead man's car at a house in tambon Rawai. Unspecified amounts of ketamine were also discovered at the same property..."

Guns used to kill gangster found in sea

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2262231/guns-used-to-kill-gangster-found-in-sea

Edited by lazarus

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

The RTP are on the case!

...the killers are reportedly Canadian along with a Russian (mafia?) connection:

"..The police chief reiterated that arrest warrants for the two suspects, Canadian nationals, would be issued soon, even though they both left the country on Sunday. The gunmen were former soldiers, he added."

Indian family of slain gangster due in Phuket

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2262839/indian-family-of-slain-gangster-due-in-phuket

. . .

"...Meanwhile, Chalong police detained a 33-year-old Russian man for questioning on Thursday after he was spotted setting up a GPS system on the dead man's car at a house in tambon Rawai. Unspecified amounts of ketamine were also discovered at the same property..."

Guns used to kill gangster found in sea

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2262231/guns-used-to-kill-gangster-found-in-sea

I have to say.... I'm impressed with the work.

• Like 2

Thai Police Finally Identified Two Assailants of Canadian Passport Holder Killed in Phuket (& They Are Not Thais)

BANGKOK – Police have identified the identities of the two suspected assailants in the killing of Canadian passport holder Singh “Jimi” Mandeep in Phuket on Feb 4 and they are Canadians. Phuket police have requested arrest warrants for Gene Karl Lahrkamp, 36, and Matthew Leandre Ovide Dupre, also 36, for premeditated murder.

The two entered Thailand on Dec 18 last year before committing the crime, shooting the victim at close range over ten times, said police. They then flew from Phuket to Bangkok and left Suvarnabhumi Airport on Feb 6, with Dupre flying to Amsterdam and the other to Frankfurt.

Thai police on Saturday have contacted Interpol to request that they put up a Red Notice in 195 nations around the globe.

Kissana Pattanacharoen, Police deputy spokesman, said the two suspect killers are Canadian nationals and they were identified through confessions of some gang members who were arrested earlier, forensic evidence from the two 9mm guns recovered as well as forensic evidence and GPS trace from the rented Toyota vehicle used by the two. 

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/photos/pcb.5225272790824944/5225272590824964/

273752406_5225272577491632_8942533792830868656_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus

12 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Thai Police Finally Identified Two Assailants of Canadian Passport Holder Killed in Phuket (& They Are Not Thais)

BANGKOK – Police have identified the identities of the two suspected assailants in the killing of Canadian passport holder Singh “Jimi” Mandeep in Phuket on Feb 4 and they are Canadians. Phuket police have requested arrest warrants for Gene Karl Lahrkamp, 36, and Matthew Leandre Ovide Dupre, also 36, for premeditated murder.

The two entered Thailand on Dec 18 last year before committing the crime, shooting the victim at close range over ten times, said police. They then flew from Phuket to Bangkok and left Suvarnabhumi Airport on Feb 6, with Dupre flying to Amsterdam and the other to Frankfurt.

Thai police on Saturday have contacted Interpol to request that they put up a Red Notice in 195 nations around the globe.

Kissana Pattanacharoen, Police deputy spokesman, said the two suspect killers are Canadian nationals and they were identified through confessions of some gang members who were arrested earlier, forensic evidence from the two 9mm guns recovered as well as forensic evidence and GPS trace from the rented Toyota vehicle used by the two. 

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/photos/pcb.5225272790824944/5225272590824964/

273752406_5225272577491632_8942533792830868656_n.jpg

Just like in the movies, 2 assassins sent on a mission. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just like in the movies, 2 assassins sent on a mission. 

I can hear their boss back in the land of Ice..:

"I want you two guys to get Covid tested, hope on a plane, get into the Sandbox, and wipe him out. Got it?"

"OK boss!"

HIBG.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, lazarus said:

I can hear their boss back in the land of Ice..:

"I want you two guys to get Covid tested, hope on a plane, get into the Sandbox, and wipe him out. Got it?"

"OK boss!"

HIBG.png

A couple of geniuses....   

:default_crazy::default_crazy:

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Idiot....

Will Canada extradite them given Thailand has the death penalty and a court system that is less than 'fair and balanced' ? I figure they will put up a good fight not to be extradited as they will be able to prove all that. How does things go in this situation - anyone know? 

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Will Canada extradite them given Thailand has the death penalty and a court system that is less than 'fair and balanced' ? I figure they will put up a good fight not to be extradited as they will be able to prove all that. How does things go in this situation - anyone know? 

That’s a good question. Thailand hasn’t executed any foreigners in forever, and even in the past it was usually only for drug trafficking. But even with no extradition,to think we would just let them live their lives peacefully back home and never set foot in jail……doesn’t really sound right, either. 

But if 🇨🇦 looks at how little justice our citizens who have died in Thailand received, there is no reason to help them out. I’m thinking of the young man in Pai who was shot in the head by a drunk cop, with his hands in the air surrendering. The cop claimed “accidental discharge” and Thai witnesses were threatened to shut up. His friend was shot in the chest and was inches from death, too…..just a horrible story

• Sad 1

I stand corrected to my post above. After he was sentenced to 25 years for clubbing his young wife to death, in 2013 he DID get an additional 37 years for the murder of the 🇨🇦 tourist. 

It’s just when it comes to corrupt cops over there, I assume everything can be manipulated and the copper will be quietly released, as many have in the past

10 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

That’s a good question. Thailand hasn’t executed any foreigners in forever, and even in the past it was usually only for drug trafficking. But even with no extradition,to think we would just let them live their lives peacefully back home and never set foot in jail……doesn’t really sound right, either. 

But if 🇨🇦 looks at how little justice our citizens who have died in Thailand received, there is no reason to help them out. I’m thinking of the young man in Pai who was shot in the head by a drunk cop, with his hands in the air surrendering. The cop claimed “accidental discharge” and Thai witnesses were threatened to shut up. His friend was shot in the chest and was inches from death, too…..just a horrible story

I think that the Thai authorities will have to submit all their evidence before the Canadians will extradite them.  Just being charged and a warrant is not enough - there has to be a hearing and the evidence reviewed etc.  

Yes I remember that incident in Pai - and many others. It is usually Thai on Thai, but occasional Expats too. The lesson is do not drink with Thais - and when drinking never insult or argue with them.  

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I stand corrected to my post above. After he was sentenced to 25 years for clubbing his young wife to death, in 2013 he DID get an additional 37 years for the murder of the 🇨🇦 tourist. 

It’s just when it comes to corrupt cops over there, I assume everything can be manipulated and the copper will be quietly released, as many have in the past

Thanks - glad to hear that. Unfortunately the Police in Thailand do get away with a lot - being 'relocated' instead of dismissed for serious offences tends to do that.  I hope Ferrari Joe gets found guilty and sentenced to 20+ years - but I have my doubts.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks - glad to hear that. Unfortunately the Police in Thailand do get away with a lot - being 'relocated' instead of dismissed for serious offences tends to do that.  I hope Ferrari Joe gets found guilty and sentenced to 20+ years - but I have my doubts.  

I think the only way murder results in serious prison time, is if the victim had friends that were higher on the totem pole than the killer. I am glad to see that local Thais are at least starting to voice their displeasure with the wealthy never being punished, e.g. Red Bull heir & the actress who sped into a parked car……then again those, BOTH HAD COPS AS VICTIMS. Another one was the Porsche that cut a girl in half crossing the street, I mean how fast was he going, on a city street???

Then again, if I was Thai, I would have probably been taught at a young age that $ is number 1, and the rich just buy their way out of trouble. It’s just the way it’s done and will keep being done, and I’m sure the vast majority accept that. The West is not as different as we think either…..tell me that 2 people receive the same sentence if one has free legal aid, and the other gets a lawyer costing $1,500/hour……no way. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yes I remember that incident in Pai - and many others. It is usually Thai on Thai, but occasional Expats too. The lesson is do not drink with Thais - and when drinking never insult or argue with them.  

It’s been 14 years now, and stories can get twisted. From what I gather, the lady was his ex, and both were pissed. Their yelling caused a scene, and the off duty copper, pissed as well, had enough and smacked her, leading to the victim defending her & shoving him to the ground. His gun was concealed in his back belt, I assume, and he shot them both right away. 

As tragic as it was, the lady had much more to do with it than I originally thought. But a man not in uniform, who assaults a female, and reacts to being shoved by pulling a gun……total coward. Then he bashes a pregnant girl’s head in…..

Anyhow, a country that punishes drug dealing more than murder……I will never agree with that

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

It’s been 14 years now, and stories can get twisted. From what I gather, the lady was his ex, and both were pissed. Their yelling caused a scene, and the off duty copper, pissed as well, had enough and smacked her, leading to the victim defending her & shoving him to the ground. His gun was concealed in his back belt, I assume, and he shot them both right away.

As tragic as it was, the lady had much more to do with it than I originally thought. But a man not in uniform, who assaults a female, and reacts to being shoved by pulling a gun……total coward. Then he bashes a pregnant girl’s head in…..

Anyhow, a country that punishes drug dealing more than murder……I will never agree with that

I hear you - there are a lot of Thai men that are basically cowards as we see it in the West.  Our notion that a man on man resolution to an issue is OK, is alien to Thais - one of them has to lose face that way and they cannot accept that.  So it is usually they go away and get a gun to safe face, or there is a bunch of them who all get together to beat the other guy up.  Being beaten up by a 'gang' seems OK to them, but losing one on one is unacceptable and they will kill to save face.  It is wrong, but I will avoid ever get involved in a violent aggressive confrontation with a Thai in Thailand at all costs. But if it ever comes to it then shoving the Thai person over aint gonna do it - you either severely hurt them, or you walk away.  If you do ever get violent, then you immediately invoke 'Plan E' and get the pharkk out of the country ASAP via whatever method you have pre-planned - and you never return.  Not easy to do - so many ways they can catch you. That is again why it is best to just walk away. You will be in a Thai jail for a long time, even if you prove your actions to have been valid and acceptable - the Thais system of Law is as every Expat living there knows, is totally corrupt and as a 'Visitor' you have very few legal rights. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Being beaten up by a 'gang' seems OK to them, but losing one on one is unacceptable and they will kill to save face.  It is wrong, but I will avoid ever get involved in a violent aggressive confrontation with a Thai in Thailand at all costs.  You either severely hurt them, or you walk away.  If you do ever get violent, then you immediately invoke 'Plan E' and get the pharkk out of the country ASAP via whatever method you have pre-planned - and you never return.  That is again why it is best to just walk away. Thais system of Law is as every Expat living there knows, is totally corrupt and as a 'Visitor' you have very few legal rights. 

In hindsight, I was very lucky in regards to keeping all my teeth over there. I’m a big guy but it means f—k all, especially when there are 15 of them. All my trips were in my early 30’s, I was very immature, I am a very bad binge drinker in holiday mode, and was born with a big mouth- not a good combo for staying out of trouble! My 2 close calls that I remember though, came about from new “friends” I barely knew, one Belgian and one English, up in Chiang Mai.

The Belgian lost patience with a bartender and swore, he was about to kick his arse but magically I diffused it- only to have a dishwasher, half my size, that wasn’t even in the conversation, come around and almost come to blows with me. And he was eyeballing me hours later on a rooftop when the sun came up(bar went until 7 am). 

The British guy and I were bar hopping, and he brought me upstairs to a decent spot. A young Thai guy he seemed to know bought us a round,  someone said something about a bottle being open already & half-empty…..BOOM! Next thing I know bottles are flying and we ran the hell downstairs and outside. Hours later, sun’s up and we’re in a tuk-tuk, and the same Thai pulled up alongside us! Says some BS about “I’m just asking the driver which karaoke joints are open, don’t worry”…..he wanted to hurt the Brit, or both of us. Anyway, just when I think I’ve hopped out and the 3 of us went our separate ways, out of nowhere the Brit came back scuffled with Thai, and ran away. Thai was bleeding, and told me “I lose my face tonight, I not poor, I make 50,000 a month”. British guy I saw weeks later, with a huge cast…he somehow broke his arm while they were rolling around. 

Even though I was very pissed that night, I do remember how fast things exploded. One second everyone’s laughing, this Thai is bragging to the waitress about insisting he pay….next second literally all I see is beer, glasses, and bottles being sprayed all over. 

Never underestimate the importance of saving face in Asia, even if (like me) you don’t fully grasp the concept. That being said, I’ve actually found the boys involved in the nightlife to be quite patient with drunk farangs, more than I’d ever be. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1