The 3 Greatest Bands Ever

Glasseye

This is too hard there are many but from my own taste

Pink Floyd (Time)

Stones (Paint it Black)

Eagles (Hotel California)

But how to leave out Queen,  U2, Doors, Dire straits, Beetles, Who, ELO, AC/DC, Easybeats, Fleetwood Mac, Cream. Buster hymen and the penetrators, the list is endless.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Saw them in 1970 supporting Pink Floyd in a Hyde Park free concert....Out Skinheads Out was the chant.

I was at that concert, everyone shouting Wally while I was sick as a dog eating crisps, banana sandwiches and smoking St Moritz menthol, great day in the park.

I was there for Pink Floyd playing Atom Heart Mother.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, hugh cow said:

This is too hard there are many but from my own taste

Pink Floyd (Time)

Stones (Paint it Black)

Eagles (Hotel California)

But how to leave out Queen,  U2, Doors, Dire straits, Beetles, Who, ELO, AC/DC, Easybeats, Fleetwood Mac, Cream. Buster hymen and the penetrators, the list is endless.

I'm not sure if you're just joking or if this is the actual name of a group? Regardless if they are/were or not, thanks for the hearty laugh at nearly 2 am in the bloody morning.

What a great name for a band!

On 2/10/2022 at 10:02 PM, coxyhog said:

Saw them in 1970 supporting Pink Floyd in a Hyde Park free concert....Out Skinheads Out was the chant.

On 2/11/2022 at 9:14 AM, Horizondave said:

I was at that concert, everyone shouting Wally while I was sick as a dog eating crisps, banana sandwiches and smoking St Moritz menthol, great day in the park.

I was there for Pink Floyd playing Atom Heart Mother.

It's a small world, me too.

I also saw the Edgar Broughton Band play at a church hall on Iffley Road, Oxford.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/10/2022 at 8:48 PM, Horizondave said:

Velvet Underground, good call.

I vividly remember being given their first album to listen to by a school mate in the early 1980's . Vinyl then, the music knocked me for six.

Would never have guessed it was recorded in 1967 an incredible record. Every indie/alternative band playing now draws from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

I vividly remember being given their first album to listen to by a school mate in the early 1980's . Vinyl then, the music knocked me for six.

Would never have guessed it was recorded in 1967 an incredible record. Every indie/alternative band playing now draws from them.

Saw Lou Reed at Hammersmith Odeon, excellent concert.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/11/2022 at 7:50 PM, Mr. Smooth said:

I'm not sure if you're just joking or if this is the actual name of a group? Regardless if they are/were or not, thanks for the hearty laugh at nearly 2 am in the bloody morning.

What a great name for a band!

Just my attempt at humour. It was an in joke with mates when I was in my 20s.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Low Reed.... at the first Farm Aid (1985). I was there for the entire show. One of the greatest days of my life....

*** Also posted on the monger songs thread -  lol

He must have been the original rapper.