Three best female vocalists

coxyhog

19 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Pass me the earplugs when those 3 get wailing. 

Add Mariah and that's the quartet from hell!. 

🤣

He did ask for vocalists, my favourite female singers would be different. 

Edited by boydeste

3 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Stevie Nicks

Alison Moyet

Elizabeth Fraser - Cocteau Twins / Massive Attack and lucky to live in same area as her - 

I saw Alison Moyet support Tears For Fears in 2019 (and she is again this summer) her voice is absolutely unreal live she looks better now than she did in the 80s too.

That Massive Attack tune and her vocal is on a different level 👌 

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, I think the whole idea of who is "best" when it comes to any musician or band is silly - we all have different tastes and personal favourites and there are so many different musical styles even within the same genres; I've heard some great singing from relative unknowns performing one-hit wonders. 

However, three female vocalists that I particularly like are:

Joni Mitchell

Corinne Drewery (Swing Out Sister)

Harriet Wheeler (The Sundays)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

He did ask for vocalists, my favourite female singers would be different. 

Had to look up what the distinction between vocalist and singer is. The short answer, "vocalist, you focus technique and adherence to the composition".

Agree with @maipenrai, same as with the best bands, what we offer up are our personal favorites.

Whether vocalist or signer my favorites are;

Sarah Brightman

Celine Dion

Amy Winehouse

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Well, I think the whole idea of who is "best" when it comes to any musician or band is silly - we all have different tastes and personal favourites and there are so many different musical styles even within the same genres; I've heard some great singing from relative unknowns performing one-hit wonders. 

Very true and also I think a lot depends on one's mood at the time.I just looked at my iTunes library at the female singers I've got there:Carole King,Carly Simon,Bobbie Gentry,Heather Small,Imelda May( saw her,Mica Paris & Lisa Stansfield doing a Ladies sing the Blues concert a few years ago & it was magic),Gail Ann Dorsey,Kiri Te Kanawa,Marianne Faithful,Patti Smith,Sade,Cher,Tracy Chapman,Janis Joplin,Suzanne Vega,Diana Ross,Buffy Sainte-Marie,Dusty Springfield,Mica Paris.

Impossible to pick the best out of that lot!

• Like 3