Airline flight time changes

thegrogmonster

Thai Airways have changed the flight time of my wife's flight on TG475 from Bangkok to Sydney. It now arrives in Sydney late at night the previous night instead of early in the morning as planned. This means there are no late night flights for the wife to fly from Sydney to Brisbane so she will have to stay in a hotel for the night in Sydney. The whole trip was booked with Thai Airways from Brisbane to Bangkok return and they are using Qantas for the Brisbane to Sydney return flights.

Since Thai Airways chnaged the return flight time and there are no connecting flights available that evening to get back to Brisbane are Thai Airways ressponsible for paying the hotel for the night? I will be talking to the local Thai Airways office this week but always good to be forearmed with information.

2 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Thai Airways have changed the flight time of my wife's flight on TG475 from Bangkok to Sydney. It now arrives in Sydney late at night the previous night instead of early in the morning as planned. This means there are no late night flights for the wife to fly from Sydney to Brisbane so she will have to stay in a hotel for the night in Sydney. The whole trip was booked with Thai Airways from Brisbane to Bangkok return and they are using Qantas for the Brisbane to Sydney return flights.

Since Thai Airways chnaged the return flight time and there are no connecting flights available that evening to get back to Brisbane are Thai Airways ressponsible for paying the hotel for the night? I will be talking to the local Thai Airways office this week but always good to be forearmed with information.

If the ticket is a through ticket then the delivering airline should be responsible for extra charges at the connecting point including offering accommodation if a through connection now includes a night stop due change of timings/dates etc.

Of course that is what a decent airline should do and they should see their responsibility when you call them: I would probably not accept the schedule change until you know what the deal is.

• Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

If the ticket is a through ticket then the delivering airline should be responsible for extra charges at the connecting point including offering accommodation if a through connection now includes a night stop due change of timings/dates etc.

Of course that is what a decent airline should do and they should see their responsibility when you call them: I would probably not accept the schedule change until you know what the deal is.

Thanks. I'm going to ask for a hotel room for the night when I speak to them.