Home theater system & HDMI port ?

Sea-Hawks

So there is a tv box already preloaded with a bunch of free tv & movies.  

The problem is there is “only 1 HDMI” port.  Is there such a thing as a two way split hdmi cable attachment?

Question #2 

Do home theater systems , specifically the 5.1 (5 channel systems) do they require the use of a hdmi port or do they use the analog port or usb port?

thanks

6 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

So there is a tv box already preloaded with a bunch of free tv & movies.  

The problem is there is “only 1 HDMI” port.  Is there such a thing as a two way split hdmi cable attachment?

Question #2 

Do home theater systems , specifically the 5.1 (5 channel systems) do they require the use of a hdmi port or do they use the analog port or usb port?

thanks

Really ? just how old is the TV ? I do not think you can even find a TV now days with just 1 HDMI port. The off brand i bought almost 2 years ago 32in has 3 HDMI ports. The newer TVs i have been looking at have all had at least 2 and most 3 so having one seems strange

The switch posted will work for you but you can also find one that has a remote so no need to get up to manually switch Lazada has a bunch for sale..

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Really ? just how old is the TV ? I do not think you can even find a TV now days with just 1 HDMI port. The off brand i bought almost 2 years ago 32in has 3 HDMI ports. The newer TVs i have been looking at have all had at least 2 and most 3 so having one seems strange

The switch posted will work for you but you can also find one that has a remote so no need to get up to manually switch Lazada has a bunch for sale..

lol, not the tv, the Projector Box with preloaded free tv channels, downloaded apps, smart apps.

Let me start from the beginning.

So, when I first bought the condo, the plan was to have 3 tv's in the space.  One main tv in the living room which would be the largest of the three...probably 85".  The other two would be on hanging swing arms and be a bit smaller in size, probably strategically placed on the pillars.

The initial plan was to place the largest tv on the large wall space that was going to be the main part of the living room.

thumbnail_IMG_5587.jpg

144.JPG

Then the opportunity of buying the condo next door became available.  Based on the layout of adding the room next door, I decided that I would place the tv area in what looks like a decent size corridor, but still a bit more narrow than the main width of the two units.

thumbnail_IMG_5588.jpg

The thinking at the time was to instead of buying a large tv given that is was a more narrow space that sits between both of the rooms, I would buy a special Projector and instead of buying a standard projection screen that would just hang on the wall or possibly a motorized projector mount, I would by an ALR screen given the space layout and a bit of light creeping in that area of the room.  The Projector I was looking at back then was a Short-Distance Projector that would sit only 1 feet from the opposite wall/screen.  Short-Distance Projectors, especially the one I was looking at with built in Harman Kardon speakers was a bit pricey at a tad over $10k USD.  By being able to push the screen onto the wall and ability to not have to hang the Projector, I would then be able to have what would have been equivalent to an 150" tv.

Well, after the planning stage was done, the girl next door backed out of selling the condo next door and I was again left with only the initial unit.  

After that, I still decided to still go for a Projection TV.  But, this time, I wouldn't need the expensive "short-distance" projector.  I could just buy a standard Projector.  I looked at one I liked, but the only draw-back was that for whatever reason, only came with 1 single HDMI port.  I have a number of portable hard drives with 4k content that I could still use, that would take up that port.  I still wanted to get a full 5.1 theater sound system and I believe most of them these days need a HDMI port.

After doing a bit more research on Lazada and on Youtube, I realized that the less expensive unit I was looking at, was actually a knock-off model, hence the reason why it only had 1 single HDMI port.

...this afternoon, I found that actual company that builds the model Projector I want and will just order from them directly, so not to accidently buy a knock-off from Lazada.

... also, to clarify a bit more.  If I were to buy a Name Brand Projector, it would cost a bit more, which wasn't the main problem.  By buying one over in Asia (not from Japan/Korea), I could buy a unit that was preloaded with free content and free features...ones that typically would cost money.  Since this is Thailand, we can get away with stuff like that, that would never fly in the States.  Now, I could have bought a Name Brand Projector and then taken it into TekCom and had one of the shop guys load it up with things, but that would have been an extra step and no guarantees they that everything works and syncs up correctly.

• Thumbs Up 1