Why I married a Thai lady

AussieBob

Why don’t you tell us all, what you’re REALLY THINKING, BOB? 

It’s refreshing to hear someone who tells it like it is. Don’t think it would make you too popular on CNN or social media, though. But that’s what is nice about a forum like this, you can vent an opinion and not lose your livelihood over it. 

Let’s just say when I was still a virgin and until about 25, I was obsessed with the prototype Playboy blonde, think Jenny MacCarthy, Donna D’Errico,  Victoria Silvestedt. But even after it ended badly with my Pinay fiancée, once I went to Thailand, Asians became my thing. It’s not just appearance, I just know how White women are in general here and they lost their appeal. Funny as much as Thais use umbrellas to hide from the sun, I can’t stand pale skin anymore, and Latinas are a close 2nd for my personal preferences, saw some nice ones the year I spent in Arizona

But don’t think for a second if Donnie Wahlberg asked to babysit Jenny for a night, I’d turn him down…..

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

Why don’t you tell us all, what you’re REALLY THINKING, BOB? 

It’s refreshing to hear someone who tells it like it is. Don’t think it would make you too popular on CNN or social media, though. But that’s what is nice about a forum like this, you can vent an opinion and not lose your livelihood over it. 
Let’s just say when I was still a virgin and until about 25, I was obsessed with the prototype Playboy blonde, think Jenny MacCarthy, Donna D’Errico,  Victoria Silvestedt. But even after it ended badly with my Pinay fiancée, once I went to Thailand, Asians became my thing. It’s not just appearance, I just know how White women are in general here and they lost their appeal. Funny as much as Thais use umbrellas to hide from the sun, I can’t stand pale skin anymore, and Latinas are a close 2nd for my personal preferences, saw some nice ones the year I spent in Arizona

Mate - I aint no social justice warrior that is for sure 😁

And you keep right on going buddy - while you are young and still can - I would be doing the same thing if I had 'woken up' when I was much younger.  But eventually you will 'settle down', and then having someone to share your life with will become more important than you can imagine.  Until then, play the game and live life for all its worth - never heard of a bloke on his deathbed that wished he had effed less women, and travelled to less places overseas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

And you keep right on going buddy - while you are young and still can - I would be doing the same thing if I had 'woken up' when I was much younger.  But eventually you will 'settle down', and then having someone to share your life with will become more important than you can imagine.  Until then, play the game and live life for all its worth - never heard of a bloke on his deathbed that wished he had effed less women, and travelled to less places overseas. 

Oh trust me mate, my bedpost counts are nothing to brag about. Should have been much higher but those 3 years being faithful to that Pinay came at the time when I was just coming out of my shell( late bloomer from skipping a grade) and in the shape of my life. Quit the rigid program that got me to 14% BF, the same week we hooked up- hey when you’re young and a 100 pound Asian with nice melons and hates condoms moves in with you, the structure of your workouts takes a backseat! 

Plus even if when I haven’t got any in a while, I still have morals. I knew guys in the taxi business who had crazy stories back in the day, but I joined too late. Even so, the 4 years I drove in a big city, I had at least 10 very attractive ladies want me to take them home. But as you alluded to, in this SJW era and cameras in the cab, I was one of the few that played by the rules and said NO most of the time. Liquor was usually involved, I didn’t want any accusations, but that’s me, maybe I think too much and should have gone for it more often. As you say, no sense having your last breath regretting missing that shag! 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Pretty much all of the above for me plus-although I didn't know it at the time-I married an absolutely wonderful cook.

Me too exactly when she came to nz after a few months my mum said at a big family gathering to Mrs nickrock how do you get your roast spuds so golden crisp on outside but soft and moist on inside 

Had already realised her cooking skills are a huge bonus

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Pretty much all of the above for me plus-although I didn't know it at the time-I married an absolutely wonderful cook.

Not going to say it’s 100% a given a Thai lady is a great cook, but shall we agree the odds are better than with a Western girl? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not married, but been with the same lady for 10 years now. She's overcome a lot of hardships in life to become the lady she is today. I have a lot of respect for her and that's probably the main difference between her and my three ex-wives, and why I'm still with her and the others are ex's.

And yes, she's a great cook too. She and her Thai friends are also great at what we humorously call "vegetable shopping" while out on our hash runs in the jungle. I think for many in the west the ability to identify what is edible and not in the wild is a lost skill, whereas here it still puts food on the table. And I'm a lot healthier for it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm not married, but been with the same lady for 10 years now. She's overcome a lot of hardships in life to become the lady she is today. I have a lot of respect for her and that's probably the main difference between her and my three ex-wives, and why I'm still with her and the others are ex's.

And yes, she's a great cook too. She and her Thai friends are also great at what we humorously call "vegetable shopping" while out on our hash runs in the jungle. I think for many in the west the ability to identify what is edible and not in the wild is a lost skill, whereas here it still puts food on the table. And I'm a lot healthier for it.

My missus goes for an hours walk,usually along the Grand Union Canal towpath or on a public footpath through a farmers fields,every day.Usually she comes back with a load of green stuff and berries/cherries when they're in season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Butch said:

I only have one complaint about Asian females:

When they're wearing flip flops, they drag the heels of them. Lift your bloody feet woman.

That & shoes,slippers and flipflops scattered all around the house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2022 at 5:45 AM, AussieBob said:

Are you the AussieBob ....... rather a very big lad ...... back in the old Secrets Days ..... knew a thing or two about lifts and elevators. If so mate we had some laughs ..... 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

So nobody married one to get a better looking younger bird that would be out of reach of their pulling abilities in their home countries? 🤣😜

Nope I married because my company changed my status in Oman to accompanied.

Only 3 1/2 years difference between our ages.

Mind you when people see pics of me & the missus from 30 years ago a lot of them say that I was punching above my weight😂.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Are you the AussieBob ....... rather a very big lad ...... back in the old Secrets Days ..... knew a thing or two about lifts and elevators. If so mate we had some laughs ..... 

I was just thinking the same!

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

That & shoes,slippers and flipflops scattered all around the house.

This drives me crazy and leaving them on the doorstep for you to slip on. The War Departments got a Walkin closet full stuff, but not shoes! I got piles of shoes inside the front door, garage door and the back door. If that's not enough indoor slippers at the stairwell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Nope I married because my company changed my status in Oman to accompanied.

Only 3 1/2 years difference between our ages.

Mind you when people see pics of me & the missus from 30 years ago a lot of them say that I was punching above my weight😂.

Somebody here did, they just didn’t say it straight up yet! 🤪

2 hours ago, CalEden said:

This drives me crazy and leaving them on the doorstep for you to slip on. The War Departments got a Walkin closet full stuff, but not shoes! I got piles of shoes inside the front door, garage door and the back door. If that's not enough indoor slippers at the stairwell. 

That and gardening tools rusting away in the grass waiting for you to hit them with your lawnmower 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Sorry mate - not that Aussie Bob 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Butch said:

Been with my Mrs 23 years this month. Love her to bits. Best thing that ever happened to me, took me from being an utter loser in life, lifted me up, pointed me in the right direction and said "Go forward, I'm right next to you , and will pick you up in case you fall down". She invested a lot of time, effort, patience and love. I like to think it paid off, as I'm not anything like the c**t I was before (although arguably still somewhat of a c**t, but much less so).

When we, as a family sit down in the lounge , put on a Netflix movie, have a big arse bowl of crisps and enjoy an evening of movies of junk food, all cuddled up on the Sofa, I often think where I am and where could have been and I wouldn't swap it for all the tea in China.

I only have one complaint about Asian females:

When they're wearing flip flops, they drag the heels of them. Lift your bloody feet woman.

Well said mate - one of so many that have been 'righted' by a good lady.  Everyone has regrets, and one of mine is that I have only known my Thai wife for 10 years - I wish I had pulled the plug and left after the marriage broke up last century. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

So nobody married one to get a better looking younger bird that would be out of reach of their pulling abilities in their home countries? 🤣😜

I think it fair to say on behalf of us all - that is a bonus.   Although some blokes went a bit 'too young' (30+ years difference) - but if it works and both happy, then what is the problem?   I never met a millionaire or billionaire who was with an older ugly woman - except their mum or sister :default_biggrin:

13 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I think it fair to say on behalf of us all - that is a bonus.   Although some blokes went a bit 'too young' (30+ years difference) - but if it works and both happy, then what is the problem?   I never met a millionaire or billionaire who was with an older ugly woman - except their mum or sister :default_biggrin:

No problem at all mate and no issue with it, let’s just acknowledge it 👍👍👏👏🤗 🤗

• Like 1