how to book a SHA Plus hotel ?

Sea-Hawks

Flight ticket booked, now

Anybody have suggestions on how to book a hotel room for 1 night in Pattaya for the 1 day quarantine + testing?

- I don't want to stay in BKK

When it says SHA Plus: does that not only means it's approved, BUT does that include the hotel shuttle service? and testing?

I can't seem to get any information on expedia ...

...what's the easiest way to get the : hotel, shuttle service and testing done in 1 single price/package?

17 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

My impression is that the hotel price is a all inclusive shuttle room and tests etc

...well, I saw hotel SHA Plus rates for 4 star hotels for $30-$50 on Expedia.  A shuttle from BKK airport to Pattaya couldn't cover that cost...???

1 hour ago, Sea-Hawks said:

When it says SHA Plus: does that not only means it's approved, BUT does that include the hotel shuttle service? and testing?

I can't seem to get any information on expedia ...

...what's the easiest way to get the : hotel, shuttle service and testing done in 1 single price/package?

As far as I can see, that is the only way you can book to get Thai Pass.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, bob lt said:

As far as I can see, that is the only way you can book to get Thai Pass.

...but you can't book this directly on "Thai Pass" , only input the attached QR Code

...so booking needs to occur elsewhere

16 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

...but you can't book this directly on "Thai Pass" , only input the attached QR Code

...so booking needs to occur elsewhere

Correct, I meant you must book a complete package in order to apply for the Pass.

Mr. Dangle had the best suggestion with asq.in.th .         I recently looked on Agoda, they only listed 6 hotels in Pattaya offeringthe  complete package.

19 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Correct, I meant you must book a complete package in order to apply for the Pass.

Mr. Dangle had the best suggestion with asq.in.th .         I recently looked on Agoda, they only listed 6 hotels in Pattaya offeringthe  complete package.

ok, so the : asq.in.th    is a legit site to use???

thanks

29 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Once, you book, do they give you a confirmation # or is it a QR code from the hotel that you attach to your application to the "Thai Pass"?

3 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

ok, so the : asq.in.th    is a legit site to use???

thanks

Sorry, I haven't travelled yet so no personal experience. It is frequently quoted in relation to booking hotels. I note that most hotels listed must then be booked direct though.

5 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Once, you book, do they give you a confirmation # or is it a QR code from the hotel that you attach to your application to the "Thai Pass"?

If I understand correctly, once booked, the hotel will require flight number and time (for collection from BKK) and they will provide a letter for you to include in your application. I also believe that Thailand Pass takes longer now because they check with the hotel that the booking is genuine.

Please update with your experience, I and others will be following in your footsteps.  

• Thumbs Up 2

WHEN I BOOKED AND TRAVELLED...

You booked a package from the hotel. This included transport, and the necessary tests.

The hotel provided you with an A4 document, that showed dates, and all the relevant information. You uploaded this to the Thai Pass website, who approved it.

I'd suggest you find a hotel you like, and deal with them direct.

HOWEVER I think the system has now changed, and whilst you still have to book a hotel/transport/testing package, the hotel has to contact the Thai Pass people to confirm this... so the thai pass application has gone form you alone doing it, to you and your chosen hotel doing it. There are fakebook stories (during the early days of this new system) of applications being delayed because hotels are being slow at confirming your booking with the thai pass people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

thanks!  I'll take a look!

ok, my friend and I both went onto the site, filled in all the information and when it was time to pay, it could never get approved.

So, let's say I just book the hotel on : expedia, booking.com, agoda.

How do you book the shuttle service and testing at hotel?

And when I use the Thai Pass : will they only require booking confirmation/confirmation # or will they require a code

And How do I prove that the shuttle service is added?

HELP !!!

You book the hotel from ASQ site.

They send you confirmation letter and full details. Convert to JPG format.

Upload to Thai Pass website get Thai Pas QR approval.

Hotel do the rest.

Turn up at Swampy go to holding area they pick you straight up.

Mine took me straight to hospital PCR test took 5 minutes and then direct to hotel. 8 or so hours later free to go hopefully !!

Really efficient two times I have done it now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

ok, my friend and I both went onto the site, filled in all the information and when it was time to pay, it could never get approved.

So, let's say I just book the hotel on : expedia, booking.com, agoda.

How do you book the shuttle service and testing at hotel?

And when I use the Thai Pass : will they only require booking confirmation/confirmation # or will they require a code

And How do I prove that the shuttle service is added?

HELP !!!

See answer below ...

Just now, galenkia said:

Fucking glad I didn't bother booking a flight to Thailand, just sounds a right pallaver. Understand it for those who are married etc, but just for a visit?. No chance. 

3 hours later still trying to book:

A. Initial booked on Expedia 

Then after confirmation of my SHA Plus booking, I had to book the shuttle and testing part.  I contacted the hotel and they said they are full and can't provide that part.  Cancelled booking

B. Went to the site recommended above - payment tab don't work by both myself and my friend

C. Bookings dot.com - went and booked another hotel.  Still no Packages offered directly on the site.  So, contacted hotel and told that they can do the shuttle, but not the testing, wtf!!!

D.  Went through the link on Thai Pass, for approved hotels and went through about a dozen hotels listed and for a number of reasons, couldn't book both the hotel part + shuttle/testing/atk test for day 5.  There was always some issue with that part.

...this is getting ridiculous

• Sad 4

26 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Fucking glad I didn't bother booking a flight to Thailand, just sounds a right pallaver. Understand it for those who are married etc, but just for a visit?. No chance. 

Totally agree.....and that is for me holidaying in UK then back here, and my sons holidaying here then back to UK.

• Like 1

Thai Pass - Official website - clearly states you need that ATK test for day 5.

I tried to book a few hotels and they stated they don't offer day 5 kits

thumbnail_IMG_5839.jpg

Tried to book the link above - 3 of the hotels: this poped-up:  so those were out of the question

thumbnail_IMG_5840.jpg

As stated above, neither of us could get the credit card to work, so tried the PromptPayQR code.  

thumbnail_IMG_5841.jpg

Incorrect spelling based on Apps site, but assumed this was the app they were talking about using.  The code doesn't work

thumbnail_IMG_5842.jpg

One of the hotels, said they don't offer day five kits (required on thai pass applicaion)

Also, email stated they may not be able to guarantee shuttle service on day of arrival, but would do their best, lol

thumbnail_IMG_5844.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5843.jpg

YOU NEED TO BOOK A PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES HOTEL, TAXI AND TEST. YOU NEED A HOTEL THAT IS SET UP FOR TEST AND GO, NOT A NORMAL SHA+ HOTEL. 

SUGGEST YOU BOOK DIRECT WITH HOTEL.

THEY ARE USED TO SUPPLYING COMPLETE PACKAGES AND DEALING WITH/ISSUING PAPERWORK FOR THE THAI PASS.

EMERALD BEACH HOTEL, AMBER HOTEL, BLACKWOODS HOTEL, ?INTIMATE HOTEL?, 

Edited by Painter
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Painter said:

YOU NEED TO BOOK A PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES HOTEL, TAXI AND TEST. YOU NEED A HOTEL THAT IS SET UP FOR TEST AND GO, NOT A NORMAL SHA+ HOTEL. 

SUGGEST YOU BOOK DIRECT WITH HOTEL.

THEY ARE USED TO SUPPLYING COMPLETE PACKAGES AND DEALING WITH/ISSUING PAPERWORK FOR THE THAI PASS.

EMERALD BEACH HOTEL, AMBER HOTEL, BLACKWOODS HOTEL, ?INTIMATE HOTEL?, 

a.  I tried and book a "Package" with the hotels that actually had a tab that stated "Package"  either the calendar didn't go past March 31st or every time I clicked the date, it stated sold out or unavailable.

...Regardless, it was also safer to send an email prior to buying this so called package - as many of the hotels don't offer the day 5 kit.  Also, some stated they could provide everything but the  letter.

...two of the hotels, said they would do their best to make a shuttle available, but no guarantees until the day arrives.