help ! Bathroom remodel and design ideas needed ;)

Sea-Hawks

Hello,

I am currently remodeling my bathroom in my bought condo in Thailand and could use some ideas and thoughts on what others have done or think may work best.

Thailand - in the past, my bathroom was all ready/took it the way it came

States - I usually had girlfriends help me do the remodel design ideas.

So, my condo bathroom here in Thailand is small, not even large enough to be able to install a shower tub combo.  I initially thought I would be able to buy the condo next door to mine and have a much larger second bathroom.  The deal fell through and that is why I am stuck with a single small bathroom.

SPACING :  Small bathroom     two Pillars in the way    separate door to bedroom

BMXH9035.PNG

This is the current state of the bathroom.  You can get a sense of the space available and what I have to work with.

thumbnail_IMG_3069.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3070.jpg

Initial bathroom space:  Very Small        No shelf space       No door access to Bedroom

thumbnail_image1.jpg

Bathroom: after moving out the wall by about 1 meter

Initially, I had an even smaller bathroom.  I was able to extend the wall closer to the front door.  This allows me more shelf space and door access to the bedroom.  But in terms of gaining space for the toilet and walk-in shower, the extra additional space did not effect those areas... the length of the sink area did increase (so can add 2 separate sink basins)

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Hallway is to the right     Bedroom to the left       Bathroom is in the middle   

The shower is to the left of the toilet   and the sink area will run along the wall on the right side of the bathroom

MAIN  CABINETS 

Keep in mind that I have a bottom support pillar in the middle of the sink structure

thumbnail_IMG_3069.jpg

Here are some options I am considering:  which one do you like and why?

IMG_3545.JPG

(single open area    box style)

One option would be to have a single open area, with this one particularly have the open space up higher  while leaving enough foot space down at the bottom

IMG_2250b.jpg

This one has a larger single open space but starts more in the middle 

IMG_1924.PNG

IMG_2118.JPG

2nd Set of options are more of a Single Shelf

IMG_3419.PNG

IMG_2631.PNG

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_3560.PNG

IMG_2647.PNG

3rd set of options are with closed drawers up on top

IMG_E7117.JPG

IMG_E3567.JPG

IMG_4257.PNG

IMG_2445.PNG

IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2243.JPG

The drawers above are all higher positioned.

The slightly different ones pictured below utilize lower level drawers:

IMG_3553.JPG

IMG_2587.PNG

Now, remember that I had the middle sink structure beam/pillar.  

Most of the options above utilize an uniform design.

The ones listed below do not do that - more mix match.  Sometimes drawers on the left or right side and shelf space only on one side

IMG_2244.JPG

IMG_4247.PNG

IMG_E2259.JPG

...other possibilities include

Multiple shelves below the sink/IMG_7134.PNGbasin:

.Let me know what you think?  what you did in your remodel?

thxs - I'll add the other parts of the bathroom remodel in the next thread.

IMG_2647.PNG

IMG_2445.PNG

Edited by Sea-Hawks

Part #2

I need to select a lit mirror.

The options are either:

A.   full lit mirror that wraps around in the front

B.   strip mirror

C.  back lit mirror

IMG_3524.PNG

mirrors already make a small space look larger, but a strip mirror will have a slightly more impact in this area

IMG_3406.PNG

below is the back lit mirror  

IMG_4248.PNG

*One thing I forgot to mention earlier was that I have a peak a boo mirror in the bedroom that directly faces the walk-in shower.

*The reason I bring this up is that both of the front lit mirrors may be a bit bright/in your face every time I have it on if someone is lying in bed/watching tv.

*Small room - not sure how a front lit mirror will look with such a small bathroom.

thumbnail_IMG_5879.jpg

I am going to go to Bangkok and visit the Winmax Store and check out their selection of touch mirrors.  It all depends on the operating system.

IMG_2519.JPG

จอทัชสกรีน - Winmax  Smart  Hi-Tech  Easy.jpg

SINK

I have two decisions to make with the sinks

A.  One Single Long sink basin

B.  Two separate sink basins

*The plans are to use more boxy looking design

IMG_3549.PNG

IMG_E3565.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

TOWEL RACKS

I need to decide where to place my towel racks and what type:

A.  Should I have a towel rack opposite side of the walk-in shower?  ...if so which one?

B.  Should I have a towel rack above the toilet? ... if so which on?

IMG_1931.PNG

IMG_2137.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_5937.jpg

QXFT6207.JPG

IMG_7128.PNG

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2270.PNG

EXHAUST FAN:

Do you have an exhaust fan in the bathroom?  

Do you think I should have one installed?

thumbnail_IMG_5916.jpg

CEILING FAN:

Do you have a Fan in the bathroom? 

Should I install a fan in the bathroom?

IMG_2720.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_2648.jpg

*additional notes:

I will have a towel hooks behind the bathroom door

I will have a slab installed just under the shower head

IMG_E3425.JPG

IMG_2242.JPG

IMG_3783.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_2605.JPG

IMG_2632.jpg

Minimise storage space.  You'll just fill it with junk.

One individual sink.  You'll only ever use two at the same time about once a year.

Too late now I think, but a pedestal sink so you can be closer to the mirror when shaving, squeezing, grooming.  Girls appreciate it more too as can get closer doing make-up.

Walk in shower that doesn't drain into the standing area.

Hot water to the sink.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Minimise storage space.  You'll just fill it with junk.

One individual sink.  You'll only ever use two at the same time about once a year.

Too late now I think, but a pedestal sink so you can be closer to the mirror when shaving, squeezing, grooming.  Girls appreciate it more too as can get closer doing make-up.

Walk in shower that doesn't drain into the standing area.

Hot water to the sink.

Thanks for your feedback , much appreciated from a guy who can’t figure it out on his own nor able to make a decision, lol!

46 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Start with the floor😀

… u remember when Mr Egg thought covid was an over reaction and be done within 2 weeks along with others who didn’t expect it to last a couple of months.  Well if 19 lasted this long…how long u figure on the floors based on what’s happened so far 😉 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sea-Hawks said:

… u remember when Mr Egg thought covid was an over reaction and be done within 2 weeks along with others who didn’t expect it to last a couple of months.  Well if 19 lasted this long…how long u figure on the floors based on what’s happened so far 😉 

I don't even want to guess 🙂

Perhaps if I share my latest bathroom design feature it may ignite fresh ideas. I think Americans call it something like "Thinking outside the bogs"

Last year I had an idea to use an inverted traffic cone as a urinal in my primary bathroom ...The secondary bathroom is called "outside"..

Bear with me because I am serious ... I had a brilliant idea yesterday that I will start work on tomorrow...After I have syphoned out my latest brew.

I am gonna use an inverted Tesco Lotus 6 litre water bottle with the "front" side cut out!! I found a piece of hose pipe to fix to the bottle top (which will become the drain hole) to take my wee wee down to a hole in the ground.

Of course you would require a much longer length of hose pipe to reach the ground, unless you just take it to the outer edge of your balcony .... It'll make windy days much more interesting for the neighbours too!!!

I am considering inviting @forcebwithu over for the great unveiling and to take photos for posterity  !!!!!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Perhaps if I share my latest bathroom design feature it may ignite fresh ideas. I think Americans call it something like "Thinking outside the bogs"

Last year I had an idea to use an inverted traffic cone as a urinal in my primary bathroom ...The secondary bathroom is called "outside"..

Bear with me because I am serious ... I had a brilliant idea yesterday that I will start work on tomorrow...After I have syphoned out my latest brew.

I am gonna use an inverted Tesco Lotus 6 litre water bottle with the "front" side cut out!! I found a piece of hose pipe to fix to the bottle top (which will become the drain hole) to take my wee wee down to a hole in the ground.

Of course you would require a much longer length of hose pipe to reach the ground, unless you just take it to the outer edge of your balcony .... It'll make windy days much more interesting for the neighbours too!!!

I am considering inviting @forcebwithu over for the great unveiling and to take photos for posterity  !!!!!

Do you shit in a plastic bag?      :default_ass:

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Happy to oblige, but I draw the line at taking pictures of your posterior. 

• Haha 1

Didn't look at all the details, just some comments:

I am with Stillearly regarding the storage. Make a list what is in your bath now and what should be in the new apartment.

One sink enough, no need to be large. Better have some space to the side to put some stuff you use regulary.

Towel rack: to store several fresh towels is ok in a hotel, or if you change them daily. Otherwise 2 tubes/rails or a double rail for 2 towles to hang and dry is enough. Don't like hooks, those towels always drop down when I use them. (Maybe there is a trick I don't know?)

No bathtub for me, though when getting older a hot tub might help the back aches. Prefer it being seperate from the shower (yes, I know, no space), as climbing into it becomes more inconvenient an dangerous with age. 

Mirror: backlight looks nice but some lamps to light up your face for shaving might be good, such as pendant lights or spot lights. A shelf with mirror door doesn't look nice but it brings the mirror closer to the face and gives additional storage.

Exhaust is a must for a windowless room, bad smell and moisture should be removed. Better to connect it to a separate switch and not to the light switch, as they can be noisy and you don't want to heat them each time you go to the bath room.

Rainshowers are nice but a second hand shower is a must for the ladies, they don't want to get their hair wet or wear shower caps. A slab under the shower head is good if you are getting older but will take some space. Consider to put a chair or bench in when you really need it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CampariO said:

Didn't look at all the details, just some comments:

I am with Stillearly regarding the storage. Make a list what is in your bath now and what should be in the new apartment.

One sink enough, no need to be large. Better have some space to the side to put some stuff you use regulary.

Towel rack: to store several fresh towels is ok in a hotel, or if you change them daily. Otherwise 2 tubes/rails or a double rail for 2 towles to hang and dry is enough. Don't like hooks, those towels always drop down when I use them. (Maybe there is a trick I don't know?)

No bathtub for me, though when getting older a hot tub might help the back aches. Prefer it being seperate from the shower (yes, I know, no space), as climbing into it becomes more inconvenient an dangerous with age. 

Mirror: backlight looks nice but some lamps to light up your face for shaving might be good, such as pendant lights or spot lights. A shelf with mirror door doesn't look nice but it brings the mirror closer to the face and gives additional storage.

Exhaust is a must for a windowless room, bad smell and moisture should be removed. Better to connect it to a separate switch and not to the light switch, as they can be noisy and you don't want to heat them each time you go to the bath room.

Rainshowers are nice but a second hand shower is a must for the ladies, they don't want to get their hair wet or wear shower caps. A slab under the shower head is good if you are getting older but will take some space. Consider to put a chair or bench in when you really need it. 

A lot of great suggestions!

Will definitely discuss with the contractor!

thx

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 5:30 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Oddly enough I think about when I walk passed Trench Town on Buakhao ....

When I saw this thread I immediately thought of you. 

Perhaps you can give Sea some design blueprints and photos of your milk bottle urinal.      I'd reckon he could set something like that up fairly cheap.

55555 !

• Haha 1