humidity - Medication & leaving your place

Sea-Hawks

*I noticed that some of my medication gets a bit weird when I store it out in the open as the room is usually left vacant/un air conditioned most of the day.

Would you consider or do you put your meds in the fridge when you are in Thailand?

*When you are away from your residence for at least a couple of months, do you leave a window cracked while you are away?  I see that some things can get moldy when the place is locked up a while with no moving air.

55 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

*I noticed that some of my medication gets a bit weird when I store it out in the open as the room is usually left vacant/un air conditioned most of the day.

Would you consider or do you put your meds in the fridge when you are in Thailand?

*When you are away from your residence for at least a couple of months, do you leave a window cracked while you are away?  I see that some things can get moldy when the place is locked up a while with no moving air.

Most medication will tell you how and where to store it, particularly the temperature range.

Just read the label mate.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Most medication will tell you how and where to store it, particularly the temperature range.

Just read the label mate.

Yup, already read that, but pretty much ALL medications range are lower than the temp in a room in Thailand. 

…so just wonder for those of u living in  thailand, are u storing your meds in a cooler or fridge?

8 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Yup, already read that, but pretty much ALL medications range are lower than the temp in a room in Thailand. 

…so just wonder for those of u living in  thailand, are u storing your meds in a cooler or fridge?

In that case then store it in the fridge.

That's what I do with my meds that require it here and in Thailand.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I've always stored my meds in the fridge.

I appreciate the comment!

I was curious as to if anybody was doing this in Thailand.

Do you also store anything else in the fridge? ie Spices, open bag of chips etc???

19 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Do you also store anything else in the fridge? ie Spices, open bag of chips etc???

Milk :default_biggrin:

Sugar, to keep the ants from getting into the open bag.

22 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Do you also store anything else in the fridge?

Keeping Siam Sato in the fridge is an absolute necessity!

Sometime ago I checked YT to see what reviews had been posted. All said that it was utter shite ... but none of them drank it ice-cold straight out the fridge after doing a 2 hour walk (Or hash!)!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

all meds best in the fridge, tablets in a sealed bag or tumbler.  as to room mould, you will certainyl get it unless there is some air movement.  leaving a window ajor wont fix that, perhaps an ac unit or de humidify on a timer, OR if you are having a maid come in,  they can air the place for you.

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

all meds best in the fridge, tablets in a sealed bag or tumbler.  as to room mould, you will certainyl get it unless there is some air movement.  leaving a window ajor wont fix that, perhaps an ac unit or de humidify on a timer, OR if you are having a maid come in,  they can air the place for you.

*How about if I leave all the living room windows open while I am gone 3-6 months? ...or could that be an issue with when it rains heavy & sideways???

*I am guessing that the timer for the A/C would be the best situation as it will cycle through the air???

*I don't think I will do the humidify unit....as I have no way to dump out the water while I am away???

thank you - Tommy Dee

*I could get a friend to go in one day a month and slide open the windows and then come back 2-3 days later and close the windows.  Would that work?

There are also small de-humidifier type devices that you can store hearing aids, etc. in. I'd reckon that could work with meds also.  

They also have those little dehumidifier "tabs" that come in some meds. I suppose you could find a stock of those cheaply on-line and throw them in your med bottles when needed.

• Great Info 1

21 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Chips barely last a day in LOS. I know the frustration. I am just extra careful about keeping everything properly wrapped up.

The only exception is my cock.... I let that reign free.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

*How about if I leave all the living room windows open while I am gone 3-6 months? ...or could that be an issue with when it rains heavy & sideways???

*I am guessing that the timer for the A/C would be the best situation as it will cycle through the air???

*I don't think I will do the humidify unit....as I have no way to dump out the water while I am away???

thank you - Tommy Dee

*I could get a friend to go in one day a month and slide open the windows and then come back 2-3 days later and close the windows.  Would that work?

hot season here gets to 90% plus humidy and your condo will get to around 40c without any difficulty, bit like a car on a hot day.  you will choose in the end, but we have always had a maid come in to clean.  ( I live here not visit) and she comes when I am not here too, just to open up.  at least once a week mate.    I rent out houses and one that has been empty a while, went into the other week, leather sofas covered in mould.  easy to wash off but nasty.

Knowingf Steve as i do, i am sure he knows someone can set an AC unit up with a timer, and leave all connecting doors open.  maybe 2 hrs a day

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

thank you - Tommy Dee

No need for a separate dehumidifier as your A/C functions as one. As others have suggested, install a timer on the A/C and running it for an hour or two, with temp set high will be enough to remove the moisture from the air.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everything already said - fridge and ac on timer.  Do not leave window open.   I would add to leave ant bait in strategic spots - amazing what they can up to, and in to, in just a few weeks.  Cover furniture with linen sheets if you can when away for more than just a few weeks.  

• Thumbs Up 1