type of Laundry Soap you use in Thailand

Sea-Hawks

So, every time I need to buy laundry soap, I never quite know what the heck I am buying.

Trying to ask a Thai sales person at the store seems almost pointless.

For those of you living currently in Thailand, could you share with pictures what brand you buy and what it is for:  ie   whites ?  Colored ?  etc...

...also do you use a separate softener to keep the clothes from turning into cardboard after it is dry

Thank you!

I use red "breeze" which is easy to identify as the Thai looks like "USA"..

I use whatever softener is on special offer and use it Thai style by adding it on the final rinse rather than put it in the designated compartment (if it has one!)

Everything goes in together once a week....skiddies and stinky socks included...

Bedding is done separately - maybe as often as twice a year.

EDIT = 

https://shoponline.tescolotus.com/groceries/en-GB/products/6015755029

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Great Info 1

4 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Could you share with pictures what brand you buy and what it is for:  ie   whites ?  Colored ?  etc...

Blimey, I never had you down as a racist. 🤣

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I use red "breeze" which is easy to identify as the Thai looks like "USA"..

I use whatever softener is on special offer and use it Thai style by adding it on the final rinse rather than put it in the designated compartment (if it has one!)

Everything goes in together once a week....skiddies and stinky socks included...

Bedding is done separately - maybe as often as twice a year.

EDIT = 

https://shoponline.tescolotus.com/groceries/en-GB/products/6015755029

I had you down as an Omo myself. 🤣

detergent-omo-wash-by-hand-540g.jpg

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I thought of you as too young and innocent to understand the significance of a woman putting Omo in their kitchen window ......

I'm sure I saw you sneaking around Templer looking in the windows back in the day...Bino's in your free hand.,,

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Almost right there ....It was the NAAFI Manageress' window in Tower Barracks Dulmen...

Interesting bunch of Rag and Oilers based there !!!

Bloody hell you're showing your age now DD.

Were you issued with a Martini Henry? 🙂

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

I wash the clothes and one of the neighbours does the ironing.

This brings up another discussion point....

Who irons their clothes (or gets it ironed for them) ?

Since retiring I haven't used an iron!

I don't wear trouser/jeans anymore and everything is hung up immediately after the final spin. Any remaining creases in my "posh" shorts just fall out after a few minutes of wearing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I don't wear trouser/jeans anymore and everything is hung up immediately after the final spin. Any remaining creases in my "posh" shorts just fall out after a few minutes of wearing. 

Well, I’m ocd and etc,

So, I still iron my clothes.  If I get laundry service, I still take it outta the bag and and iron out the creases. 

Back when I stayed at Secrets or W14, I would take my laundry around the corner and hang them on my own hangers, so not yo have creases. 

In my previous condos, I would set a timer and iron when half dry. I remember this really hot girl I wanted to smash text me that she was in Pattaya and had a little bit of time to meet at a short time room and I told her I was busy doing my laundry drying that was set on timer, lol. 

btw, anybody in Thailand use a product to keep clothes from stiffening up???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I threw out the iron I had years ago after a mate of mine had a Thai GF bounce one off his noggin.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I stayed "long term" at Pattaya Bay Resort a few times just after it was finished.

The ladyboy who ran the laundry on Soi 14, where I took my washing, ironed everything including the underwear.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, fygjam said:

I stayed "long term" at Pattaya Bay Resort a few times just after it was finished.

The ladyboy who ran the laundry on Soi 14, where I took my washing, ironed everything including the underwear.

Did she put a good crease in the crack ?

On 3/14/2022 at 11:41 PM, Glasseye said:

I threw out the iron I had years ago after a mate of mine had a Thai GF bounce one off his noggin.

You wanna see the fight's one of my mate's used to have with his missus, she was wild.

One night we were in the old OK Corral bar when it was down Soi Skaw Beach year's back. She stoved his head in with a high heel shoe during a row. Claret everywhere. We would refer to the night as the shoe fight at the OK Corral.🤣

Edited by galenkia
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, galenkia said:

You wanna see the fight's one of my mate's used to have with his missus, she was wild.

One night we were in the old OK Corral bar when it was down Soi Skaw Beach year's back. She stoved his head in with a high heel shoe during a row. Claret everywhere. We would refer to the night as the shoe fight at the OK Corral.🤣

That's normally a lady boy trick, nasty weapon those high heels.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/15/2022 at 2:19 AM, fygjam said:

In Phuket it was 50b per KG for a wash or 90b per KG for wash and iron. I found that they usually hung the clothes on a line to dry and as such there wasn't really a need to pay the extra for the ironing.

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

In Phuket it was 50b per KG for a wash or 90b per KG for wash and iron. I found that they usually hung the clothes on a line to dry and as such there wasn't really a need to pay the extra for the ironing.

I remember hearing that a few years back. Wasn't there even a guy some years back that got seriously injured with one of those (maybe even killed). Got one jammed into his forking head if I remember correctly. Somewhere on Soi Bucky I think.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 5:27 AM, Sea-Hawks said:

btw, anybody in Thailand use a product to keep clothes from stiffening up???

Downy fabric softener.  Our washing machine has a pocket for it right next to where you put the soap powder.

• Thumbs Up 1