Thai Pass - website update and current issue

Sea-Hawks

Hello,

So based on an email I got from the Thai Pass People, I went back onto the site to update information and noticed

- Update :  Saw a note on the site that a recent update has been done on their site

-  After inputting the information, I could not hit "Submit" as I continually received an :     api server error

just wanted to give everyone a heads up

6 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Post the address of the place you received the email from that said there were issues

32071890-C89B-43E7-97B4-1C192761031E.jpeg8382C76D-1133-4543-8D4E-B13B2AE42529.jpeg12BC0785-7F8F-4446-BA4D-3D8EAF23D204.jpeg

current official site to applying is not working now and hasn’t worked for the past couple of hours.  

Just a note on timescales for issuing the TP and my experience.

Applied in early December - TP received within 3 days for myself

My wife and Son received theirs in 1 day (quicker as Thai passprts maybe ?)

Applied March 7th - TP received this morning so a full 7 days

Wife and Son as of this moment TP not received

Not sure why the timescales have slipped unless there are huge numbers of applicants / staffing issues but its something to factor in if you are applying and not to leave it to the last minute. 

• Great Info 2

49 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Just a note on timescales for issuing the TP and my experience.

Applied in early December - TP received within 3 days for myself

My wife and Son received theirs in 1 day (quicker as Thai passprts maybe ?)

Applied March 7th - TP received this morning so a full 7 days

Wife and Son as of this moment TP not received

Not sure why the timescales have slipped unless there are huge numbers of applicants / staffing issues but its something to factor in if you are applying and not to leave it to the last minute. 

Their embassy website suggests applying at least 7 days before but that is obviously needing update.

I suppose common sense says apply as soon as you know you are going.  I am going July and will wait until a month before as hoping no TP by then.

I have a friend who only ever used to book his tickets days before he flew, he is not happy that he now has to sort his holiday our much earlier. Even if the TP disappears I have told him air fares may not be as generous as they were before. He has already told me that his intended dates in April are now £100 more expensive that when he looked a week ago. Told him to sort out fares, hotels and TP as soon as possible otherwise he may not be going on 07 April.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

I just registered, am traveling 23/03.

Was straight forward enough although I have had a bit of practice over the last couple of years 🙄.

First time I have booked a SHA hotel through Agoda though.

Cool may catch up this time...........as we arrive 2nd April 

17 minutes ago, Smiler said:

How long are you around in Udon for?

I am planning a trip to Pattaya after Sonkran, maybe 3 or 4 nights. 

Ha. Leaving 23rd but will be doing a bit of travel in the interim - 

35 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

You staying 1 Night in Bangkok  .... great song. ???

A crafty dry sherry or light and bitter may be in order ..... after test of course ...

Indeed and a fruit based drink for the lady 😘

• Thumbs Up 1

Screenshot_20220315-052720_Chrome.jpg

Looks to be working ok here.

One of the well publicised issues with the tp site in the early days was that you could not save your application mid process.  It had to be completed in one go.

That was back in December, no idea if the process has changed since. 

Looking at the approval process section below, I'd suggest emailing your hotel, to see if, for any reason, they were sitting on your application. Another reason for booking direct with a reputable hotel.

Screenshot_20220315-053224_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Smiler said:

I just registered, am traveling 23/03.

Was straight forward enough although I have had a bit of practice over the last couple of years 🙄.

First time I have booked a SHA hotel through Agoda though.

Woke up this morning to find the Thai Pass has arrived 😀😃 so that was sorted within 24 hours.

I used my Hotmail account.

I booked the SHA Hotel through Agoda, 4 days before applying for the Thai Pass. 

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

45 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Woke up this morning to find the Thai Pass has arrived 😀😃 so that was sorted within 24 hours.

I used my Hotmail account.

I booked the SHA Hotel through Agoda, 4 days before applying for the Thai Pass. 

Clearly VIP status - they probably recognized the name 

Well done, impressive Thai customer service 

55 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Clearly VIP status - they probably recognized the name 

🙄🙄🤪

Well done, impressive Thai customer service 

Yep, credit where it's due, it is impressive Thai customer service.

This is my fourth time and TBH I have no complaints aside from the obvious faf and hassle of having to go through the whole procedure. AND of course the extra money I have spent on quarantine, PCR tests, insurance etc. Really try not to think about that.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Smiler said:

Yep, credit where it's due, it is impressive Thai customer service.

This is my fourth time and TBH I have no complaints aside from the obvious faf and hassle of having to go through the whole procedure. AND of course the extra money I have spent on quarantine, PCR tests, insurance etc. Really try not to think about that.....

...I believe an isolated case (24hrs)

IMHO:   'Thai'     and     'customer service'        should not be used in the same sentence , 😉

On 3/14/2022 at 2:23 AM, Horizondave said:

Their embassy website suggests applying at least 7 days before but that is obviously needing update.

I suppose common sense says apply as soon as you know you are going.  I am going July and will wait until a month before as hoping no TP by then.

I have a friend who only ever used to book his tickets days before he flew, he is not happy that he now has to sort his holiday our much earlier. Even if the TP disappears I have told him air fares may not be as generous as they were before. He has already told me that his intended dates in April are now £100 more expensive that when he looked a week ago. Told him to sort out fares, hotels and TP as soon as possible otherwise he may not be going on 07 April.

I’m coming in July, too and I see that I can’t get past the “enter travel dates” part yet as it is only available two months out. I’ve got everything else sorted. Insurance, test and go hotel.  
As I understand it, I won’t need a test to leave the US or to transit through Japan, only 24 hours prior to my return flight. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1