China Eastern Crash- 132 feared dead

Golfingboy

• Golfingboy changed the title to China Eastern Crash- 132 feared dead
2 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Sadly with 29000ft to zero in next to no time there's no feared about it.

I think there’s some cellphone video of the nosedive , in addition to the ground fire in the forest. Wasn’t a MAX8, but the 737 version just before it…..makes me wonder 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I think there’s some cellphone video of the nosedive , in addition to the ground fire in the forest. Wasn’t a MAX8, but the 737 version just before it…..makes me wonder 

737-800 NG-Next Generation

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What kind of equipment failure would cause that kind of prolonged vertical dissent?

Sudden loss of longitudinal control,ie the tailplane/elevators.....shouldn't happen.

More likely to be human intervention.

43 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What kind of equipment failure would cause that kind of prolonged vertical dissent?

Remember the Japanese 747 that flew around for ages before crashing into Mount Fuji?

The rear pressure bulkhead blew out taking the hydraulics and the elevator control with it.

Edited by coxyhog

31000 Feet per minute descent mentioned by a poster on the pprune link.

Horrific for the people on board, that video is quote shocking.

I wonder what the Chinese State Media will be saying about it and the angle they take.

5 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Remember the Japanese 747 that flew around for ages before crashing into Mount Fuji?

The rear pressure bulkhead blew out taking the elevator control with it.

Mount Tagamagahara not Fuji....Google is your friend....

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Butch said:

31000 Feet per minute descent mentioned by a poster on the pprune link.

Not the brightest of posters as it was only at 29,100 feet then took a couple of minutes to come down.  pprune does tend to get a lot of idiots posting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KWA said:

Not the brightest of posters as it was only at 29,100 feet then took a couple of minutes to come down.  pprune does tend to get a lot of idiots posting.

They also get very bitchy with one another....😂

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Mount Tagamagahara not Fuji....Google is your friend....

Just reading the Wiki article on that 747 incident. Tragic event, but it was incredible how they eventually found the cause and issue.

Given the apparent speed of the impact of the crash in this case, I'd hate to be one of the team at the crash site.

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Just reading the Wiki article on that 747 incident. Tragic event, but it was incredible how they eventually found the cause and issue.

Given the apparent speed of the impact of the crash in this case, I'd hate to be one of the team at the crash site.

That 747 was caused by a bad Boeing repair,any sheet metal worker that I've known could've told you that the repair design was dodgy.

A big hole in the ground with lots of little pieces.I don't think they'll get to the cause from the wreckage.

• Thumbs Up 1