Domestic Travel - Within Thailand

Glasseye

I thought this could possibly be a useful topic/thread for BM's, both living, planning to visit, or perhaps even live sometime in the near future.

Just looking at flights on Kayak.com. For June of this year. Bangkok to Chiang Mai (one way) ---- most flights are around $22/per seat. Can't get much cheaper than that !

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

I thought this could possibly be a useful topic/thread for BM's, both living, planning to visit, or perhaps even live sometime in the near future.

Just looking at flights on Kayak.com. For June of this year. Bangkok to Chiang Mai (one way) ---- most flights are around $22/per seat. Can't get much cheaper than that !

Good topic @Glasseye

Great price, but does that include any taxes / baggage or extra's?.

Just now, Butch said:

Good topic @Glasseye

Great price, but does that include any taxes / baggage or extra's?.

Several airlines quoted that price, and I understand what you are talking about. But, I didn't check that specifically, as the airlines have different policies. But, good point.

I think the last domestic flight I took was with Bangkok Airways (who tend to be a little more expensive, but they are a very well run company... they also fly out of Swampy which is important to me and worth a few extra quid.... you also can use their lounge for free).

I think at that time I had one carry on and one checked bag for the standard economy fare. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Have a flight tomorrow on Viet Jet Air from Swampy to Udon Total price 400 Baht. Have used them twice before no issues. I prefer buses and trains so I can see the country side But hard not to take advantage of this. Only flight of this trip the rest on Buses.

I flew with Viet Jet from Swampy to Udon and back a few weeks ago, very good service and value. I also used them from Phuket to Swampy too. On that occasion I had 25kgs of luggage too which was new to me as previously I thought internal flights were restricted to 20kgs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

I flew with Viet Jet from Swampy to Udon and back a few weeks ago, very good service and value. I also used them from Phuket to Swampy too. On that occasion I had 25kgs of luggage too which was new to me as previously I thought internal flights were restricted to 20kgs.

The only domestic airlines I've had a negative issue with was Thai Lion Air. Back then (maybe 3 years ago) I booked with them because it went out of Utapo. The website had some issues that caused me to not be able to get the baggage issue confirmed before arriving at the gate. I explained the issue but they wouldn't budge. Pissed me off big time.

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

The only domestic airlines I've had a negative issue with was Thai Lion Air. Back then (maybe 3 years ago) I booked with them because it went out of Utapo. The website had some issues that caused me to not be able to get the baggage issue confirmed before arriving at the gate. I explained the issue but they wouldn't budge. Pissed me off big time.

Assuming they wanted to charge you extra for weight?

Just now, boydeste said:

Assuming they wanted to charge you extra for weight?

Yep.... Poog girl at the counter. I could tell she felt bad about and knew it was bullshit. I was nice to her, but insistent that the issue was caused by their flawed website. She of course had her hands tied and had to call in a manager. I pled my case but they were hard core about so I just dropped it. 

Since that time I have heard many other stories regarding them, so I have just written them off as a option. Too many other good ones. 

I've had good experience with Thai Smile, Bangkok Airways, and Nok Air in the past, each more than once. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1