Mor Prom App

Proffesor

I’ve had 2 vacinations ( AstraZeneca ) at Med Park. Today I walked in to Royal; Garden Plazza to get a Moderna booster. I was asked did I have the Mor Prom App on my phone and I said that I’d tried to install it, but couldn’t.

I was directed to a lady paramedic who was overseeing the recovery area. She made 3 attempts to install the app and get it working, but couldn’t; she did say that the WiFi there was not very good and that it would work when I got home. It doesn’t.

When I got my first shot ( at MedPark ) the receptionist’s computer didn’t recognize my registration. The manager tried, and failed. He sent for an I.T. Tech, who, after about 40 minutes of pounding the keyboard solved ( or by-passed ) the issue, whatever it was.

Again, when getting the second shot, there was some confusion about the registration, but it was resolved in about 10 minutes. Don’t know if this has anything to do with the current situation.

The helpful paramedic today, used her phone to scan the QR code on my paper certificate, and showed me that on her phone, it displayed my certificate of vaccinations, so, she says “I’m in the system”.

But why can’t I, my wife, or the trained staff at the vaccination center, get the app to install and work on my phone ? – O.K. to answer the first part of that question, I’m old and stupid when it comes to I.T related issues.

My question, “Where in Pattaya can I go, where there will be somebody capable of sorting this out for me ?” I’m not looking to meet well meaning B.M’s at a coffee shop to have them try; I’m looking for an Authority who has competent staff, qualified to resolve this issue, please. I would appreciate any advice.

Incidentally, I walked into Royal Garden Plazza just after 14.00, was vaccinated less than 20 minutes later – all very efficient, then spent at least another 30 minutes in the recovery area, with the overseeing paramedic trying to help with this issue.

• Like 1

I just now went to "play store" on my phone. Typed in Mor Prom in the search. It downloaded to my Android phone in less than 2 minutes.

Only trouble is that when I open up the app it's all in Thai and I can't figure out how to translate it.

:default_crazysmile:

Edited by Glasseye

No idea where to go "for an Authority who has competent staff, qualified to resolve this issue". Like finding a needle in a haystack.

If you haven't already done so, the first thing I would do is uninstall and then reinstall the app. That has worked a couple of times in the past with other apps that were giving me fits.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've installed it on three phones.  Mine first, no problem, the same with my daughter's.  For some reason my wife's didn't work and as @forcebwithu suggested, I uninstalled, reinstalled, and she was good to go.

Edited by tko

If the uninstall/reinstall doesn't work try to taking it to a phone shop, in particuar one that only sells the brand of phone you have.  It needs Android 5.1 or higher so check your phone has that.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:37 PM, Glasseye said:

Only trouble is that when I open up the app it's all in Thai and I can't figure out how to translate it.

After log in there's a Thai/English switch on the opening page for me.  Log in needs your vaccine ID number and your phone number IIRC, and you'll be asked to create a 6 digit pin for future log ins.