My old mate BJ on youtube....

coxyhog

9 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I first met BJ about 24-25 years ago on maybe my 2nd or 3rd trip to Pattaya when he had his bar on WS, on the corner where Soi BJ was named for him. Great guy, very low key personality. I spoke to him after he gave up the WS bar and when I was staying at his guest house up on Beach Road and Soi 1 or 2, and he said after 25 years, he had enough and was glad to be out of there.

When his current hotel, the BJ Holiday Lodge was built, he had sea view rooms on the upper floors until the lot next door was bought and a new hotel was built, thereby blocking the view BJ's guest had.

What a great guy, and still with his ever present towel draped over his shoulder. A true Pattaya legend and institution who remains a living link to Pattaya's long gone past.

I sent him an email when I saw the vid & just had a reply.That was filmed over the past couple of weeks.

7 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I sent him an email when I saw the vid & just had a reply.That was filmed over the past couple of weeks.

You can even see the near reverence that Buzzin had for BJ, almost like a kid getting to meet his childhood sports hero. Unlike so many other interviews on his channel with other bar owners and the like, he allowed BJ to reply to his questions uninterrupted and just soak up his anecdotes and history as he told of the Pattaya he knew from a half century ago.

I sincerely hope that Buzzin revisits BJ in the future, maybe in 6 months or so, and let him share more great stories and observations. To me, in the time I've been aware of his YT channel, this 2 part BJ interview was his finest hour.

And from the number of views and replies it has generated in such a short time, it definitely hit a bulls eye with his viewers.

I have an old pic taken of BJ and myself from his Soi BJ days, probably from around 1997. If I can find it among all my Kodak photo envelopes filled with Pattaya memories from the 90's, I'll see about posting it here.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

You can even see the near reverence that Buzzin had for BJ, almost like a kid getting to meet his childhood sports hero. Unlike so many other interviews on his channel with other bar owners and the like, he allowed BJ to reply to his questions uninterrupted and just soak up his anecdotes and history as he told of the Pattaya he knew from a half century ago.

I sincerely hope that Buzzin revisits BJ in the future, maybe in 6 months or so, and let him share more great stories and observations. To me, in the time I've been aware of his YT channel, this 2 part BJ interview was his finest hour.

And from the number of views and replies it has generated in such a short time, it definitely hit a bulls eye with his viewers.

I have an old pic taken of BJ and myself from his Soi BJ days, probably from around 1997. If I can find it among all my Kodak photo envelopes filled with Pattaya memories from the 90's, I'll see about posting it here.

1981,BJ on the right,can't remember the other guys name.

scan0015.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1