how should I set-up my Front Speaker System ???

Sea-Hawks

I have a giant wall as my projection wall for my Projector (no tv)

thumbnail_IMG_6416.png

I won't be using a Speaker Tower as my screen will be stretched to the edges

thumbnail_IMG_6418.jpg

...will NOT be buying Speaker Tower

So, my options are either:

3 Speakers 

3 speakers.jpg

or 2 Speakers on the ends with a Center Channel

CC.jpg

Center Channel + two speakers on both ends

or

in wall speakers

in wall speakers.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6420.jpg

... I don't know much about speaker set-ups, so curious what others have done or suggest I do.

thanks!

Todd

I don't understand why there are not completely wireless systems utilizing Bluetooth or Wi-Fi (Home Theater System). I looked a few years ago and could not find any at a reasonable price. I finally got one where only the rear speakers are wireless.

Edited by CalEden

1 minute ago, CalEden said:

I don't understand why there are not completely wireless systems utilizing Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. I looked a few years ago and could not find any at a reasonable price. I finally got one where only the rear speakers are wireless.

Sonos ? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Sonos ? 

Thank you. I'm talking about Home Theater Systems/stereo systems. Incorporating media players, Screen, speakers, surround sound etc. 

Edited by CalEden

Back in the states, I always set-up a 5.1 surround sound system.  I've always been told back in the day, that 1 sub was standard.

It seems to me that these days having 2 subs is the way to go - 5.2 system.  That is probably what I will go with 

11 hours ago, tommy dee said:

either way you need a bass box too.

me I would be looking at the new style of unit that goes directly under the tv and is as lon gas the tv is wide

Back here in the States, I always set-up a 5.1 s

I too looked for wireless systems in Thailand and they don't exist.  Unfortunately, Sonos are not supported here in Thailand as they can't handle the 220 power/wattage levels.  If they were, I would just had bought them in the states and brought them over

8 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

I too looked for wireless systems in Thailand and they don't exist.  Unfortunately, Sonos are not supported here in Thailand as they can't handle the 220 power/wattage levels.  If they were, I would just had bought them in the states and brought them over

The I.T guy ( Dan ) that I put you onto, has Sonos in his condo and also had in his previous house. I believe he has also installed a couple of Sonos systems for his clients. Suggest you speak to him as I'm sure he can sort you out.

However, I believe there is a potential issue ( but this is not my field of expertise ) with WiFi band width. Having a Smart Home system ( Alexa ) does not require a lot of bandwidth, but a 4k Smart TV ( or projector ) together with a 5.1 sound system does. I would imagine that if you then spec an 11.2 sound system, when you tell Alexa to "close the curtains" or "dim the lights", nothing will happen because the WiFi has no capacity to pass that message through; but what do I know ?

As regards cable provision; No, not to my knowledge, but we are a long way from finishing walls and ceilings, so as soon as the requirements are defined, they can be instigated.

Just bought a decent LG Sound bar for my son to match up with his LG OLED  TV  Got it from Amazon via AO for £299. 👍

The sound from the system is very good with all the usual sound systems thrown in inc wireless and remote. 
Main reason I got it was the TV has ATMOS sound already built in, but the sound bar has much bigger wattage etc. More suited to his gaming on the TV. and Xbox.

Easy to set up, basically plug and play.

I’ve connected it via HDMI 2.1 cable through the eARC output from TV to eARC input on the sound bar.
I chose not to use optical cable as it won’t carry some pic/audio signals that HDMI 2.1 can and many say that the sound through it isn’t as good as HDMI 2.1 cables. 
Haven’t yet bought the extra speakers inc Base speakers to make it 5.2 system, as I want him to decide if they are needed, but if he wants them, then it’ll be easy to set up as they are wireless and only require a power plug. I wouldn’t want to go higher than 5.2 Surround sound because of the size of his bedroom. 

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

Just bought a decent LG Sound bar for my son to match up with his LG OLED  TV  Got it from Amazon via AO for £299. 👍

The sound from the system is very good with all the usual sound systems thrown in inc wireless and remote. 
Main reason I got it was the TV has ATMOS sound already built in, but the sound bar has much bigger wattage etc. More suited to his gaming on the TV. and Xbox.

Easy to set up, basically plug and play.

I’ve connected it via HDMI 2.1 cable through the eARC output from TV to eARC input on the sound bar.
I chose not to use optical cable as it won’t carry some pic/audio signals that HDMI 2.1 can and many say that the sound through it isn’t as good as HDMI 2.1 cables. 
Haven’t yet bought the extra speakers inc Base speakers to make it 5.2 system, as I want him to decide if they are needed, but if he wants them, then it’ll be easy to set up as they are wireless and only require a power plug. I wouldn’t want to go higher than 5.2 Surround sound because of the size of his bedroom. 

U using the soundbar as your Center Channel?

4 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

U using the soundbar as your Center Channel?

Pass on that one mate. 
I just connected it to my sons LG OLED and use that for all his TV and Xbox series X sound output, plus a Blue Ray box. All the sound output now goes through the LG Sound bar, plus the speakers in the TV are also used if the system decides it need it. It depends on what is showing on the TV. Cinema, Sports, different music venues, gaming boxs etc, it decides based on a signal that the program transmits as it starts.  
The Lg Tv does all the magic. Just had to go into TV settings/sound and click on the sound bar, then TV saw SB had been connected. 
His LG C10 OLED TV has built in ATMOS sound, but smallish speakers/watts, hence the purchase of a sound bar, but my LG OLED,  which I originally bought for him, is an E9 LG OLED with a different process er and has a built in sound bar in the bottom of the TV which uses ATMOS and pass through sound, so I don’t need a separate sound bar. 

Both TV’s have a sound test system built in, that when run, sends out sounds and measures the returns and alters the sound settings to best suit the room the TV is in, it does the same for all picture settings. 

Ps forget to mention that when we had house rewired for electrics, I had Ethernet run to every room together with Sky Q sender boxes fitted where TV’s could be set up. I also had Sky HD cables run, just in case.
All TV’s are fitted with wireless to router, do we can go into internet on every TV or link iPads through it as well. We have very good broadband speeds (around 100Gbs) but for his Xbox, Ethernet runs at very low Ping rates (5 or less) so reaction speeds are much better for him when he’s playing games with other friends on line. All our O2 mobile calls are run via wireless through the router as well, so don’t use any data from our allowance. 
Handy if he’s playing a friend online who doesn’t have a headset with microphone, as he just talks to them using his iPhone  laid next to where he’s sat and it doesn’t run up a huge bill. 

Edited by KhunDon

So, plan was to go to Piyanas, the audio store in Pattaya and buy all the components separately, starting first with a $2,000 USD Marantz AV Receiver.  I don’t need a 7.2 receiver, but in order to get a higher wattage receiver, it’ll come with a bunch more speaker plugs and adjustable add-ons. 

Friends here in my hometown, stated that since I’m only running 5 speakers and live in a condo, I don’t need to be going out and spending $2,000 USD on a receiver

….. what do you guys think???

My neighbors told me this package on Lazada or even at PowerBuy are fine. Since it’s not an overpriced/non needed features added on receiver and still comes with good Polk speakers.  

3ADEFFDE-D682-460C-8A55-82B829A6C5B6.jpeg

Edited by Sea-Hawks

I’m not familiar with those brands so can’t really comment @Sea-Hawks 

However, I would have thought that living in an apartment with people above and below you, a 5.1 system would be more than ample. 
Anything more would be a bit OTT as your room isn’t really purpose built for Hi End Audio and larger Amplifiers and Speakers wouldn’t really be worth the extra costs. 
Of course it’s your money and your choice. 👍

• Thumbs Up 1