You're very own "bad day at the Office"

Butch

Apart from almost getting caught nicking diesel in a very unsophisticated scam, my other "bad day at the office" was going up a Panamax Crane, removing 2 hoist motors, putting (welding) in 2 new ones, lowering the old motors into the back of an awaiting ford pickup for financial redemption at a Scrapyard to the tune of several quid, only to find out the following day I was up the wrong crane...

Easy mistake to make, and if they hadn't sequentially numbered the cranes for ease of identification, I'd have been fine 555. Why do they make numbers so complicated?.

Still not as bad a Nick Leeson though.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 4

When I was working in the Isle of Man for Manx Airlines me & a few blokes had to tow an aircraft to a remote apron the other side of the airfield.The tow truck was fucking huge I think it was designed to tow 747's wtf it was doing there is anybody's guess.

Anyway we parked & locked it up & then realised we hadn't put the gust locks in,the aircraft was a 50 seat turboprop & had manual flight controls so wooden gust locks had to be fitted whenever it wasn't flying or in a hangar,especially in the very windy IoM.

Then we discovered we didn't have a ladder & one wing was over the grass so I decided if we were quick we could drive the tow truck under the wing....big error,it sank up to it's axles and wouldn't budge.

We ended up getting a fire engine to pull it out....I was not Mr Popular back at base!

• Haha 6

@Butch I've known guys go out to the flightline to do some serious jobs on aircraft only to do it on the wrong one and they've all got reg markings.Always at night though,5am is when you're most likely to make a mistake especially under the pressure of time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The day years ago, attending a very large staff meeting.

The priority issue (unofficial agenda item #1) was discussion (for over an hour) regarding the recurring problem of person(s) unknown smearing feces all over the walls in the first floor women's bathroom.

Rather awkward discussion, to say the least.

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

I once went to "The World's Wine Festival" at Bristol Docks with a guy from my office and a mutual friend who owned a Nightclub in the center of Birmingham. I was Northern Regional Manger for an Insurance company at the time based in Birmingham.

There was a modest entrance fee for which one received a book of vouchers each one of which could be exchanged for a glass of wine at any one of the large number of wine wholesalers plying their trade round the docks.

To cut a long story short, I got absolutely ratassed having a great time and woke up with a monumental hangover the next morning.

Three days later, back in the Regional Office, one of my girls in the office said

"There are two men here with a delivery for you."

This turned out to be 800 pounds worth of assorted wine and spirits that I had signed an invoice for and paid with my company Barclaycard which would normally cover my petrol and "modest" entertaining expenses!

I thought my boss would absolutely slaughter me but he signed off my monthly expenses as "Christmas Gifts to Agents" in exchange for me sending more than half of the good stuff down to his office in London!

"The least I could do Ron!!" 😒

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Glasseye said:

The day years ago, attending a very large staff meeting.

The priority issue (unofficial agenda item #1) was discussion (for over an hour) regarding the recurring problem of person(s) unknown smearing feces all over the walls in the first floor women's bathroom.

Rather awkward discussion, to say the least.

Same same in an office in Bristol ... but it was somebody leaving spunk on the women's toilet seats ..

Wasn't me. I'd have left it on the door knob...

• Haha 2