Hot Dogs

Glasseye

This guy is kind of a "dipshit", but also a sort of fun vid.

The Sahlen's and Boar's I've never had before. The Nathan's have always been consistently good over the years. I've always like the Hebrew's the best.

*** One dog not mentioned are Vienna dogs - Chicago's finest.

So... What is your favorite brand ? And, how do you like them ?

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Lap cheong sausage is my favourite. Add it to the rice cooker with a handful of frozen veggie and you're good to go!

Leftovers? ...Wang it in the "wabe" for a few minutes with leftover veggie and scoff it down...

Sausage with bread? Then Manstons fat boy sausages are good ....They seemed to have improved the ingredients over the last 5 years...Prior to that everything by Manstons was saltier than ladyboys' cum!

• Haha 3

Mechanically separated meat, mechanically recovered/reclaimed meat, or mechanically deboned meat is a paste-like meat product produced by forcing pureed or ground beef, pork, mutton, turkey or chicken, under high pressure through a sieve or similar device to separate the bone from the edible meat tissue.

Sounds delicious.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Mechanically separated meat, mechanically recovered/reclaimed meat, or mechanically deboned meat is a paste-like meat product produced by forcing pureed or ground beef, pork, mutton, turkey or chicken, under high pressure through a sieve or similar device to separate the bone from the edible meat tissue.

Sounds delicious.

It becomes even more delicious if you call it Pate using a French accent  and charge twice the price!

5 hours ago, SteveBC said:

I'll have to take your word on that Mr. Dangle......

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep. In all honesty I don't have that much experience swallowing Manston products so perhaps I was a tad unfair in my comparison !

5555555555555  !!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tko said:

Ball park franks were my go to.  The beef ones.  I haven't found really good hot dogs in Thailand.

Yes.... I agree. Not once have I found a decent hot dog in LOS.

A classic Chicago "style" hot dog. Typically made with Vienna brand dogs....

Chicago Style Hot Dog - csp15398412

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Glasseye said:

This guy is kind of a "dipshit", but also a sort of fun vid.

The Sahlen's and Boar's I've never had before. The Nathan's have always been consistently good over the years. I've always like the Hebrew's the best.

*** One dog not mentioned are Vienna dogs - Chicago's finest.

When I was in the meat business I have the opportunity to go back and see the Vienna operation very impressive. In my opinion they make the best all beef product I've ever tasted. Taking nothing away from Hebrew national and Nathan's but in my opinion the Vienna dog ranks the best all beef product

9 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

When I was in the meat business I have the opportunity to go back and see the Vienna operation very impressive. In my opinion they make the best all beef product I've ever tasted. Taking nothing away from Hebrew national and Nathan's but in my opinion the Vienna dog ranks the best all beef product

I would have to agree, based on my limited experience.   :default_es0cw:

I've just remembered the best hotdogs in Thailand!!

Way back in the 90s my job took me up and down the country. In those days Shell had small shops at their petrol stations.... but if you were on any of the North/South highways Shell had  "Tiger" shops which sold Danish style "hotdogs" . Half a baguette with a large sausage  rammed inside with mustard, mayo and tomato sauce bursting out the sides! 

Driving from Bangkok to Chiang Mai on the "old roads" I always remembered where to refuel....Days long gone now I'm afraid!

My Ethiopian mate worked at one of the large meat packers, he said you don’t want to know what hot dog sausages are composed of- not the best parts of the animal, that’s for sure. 

Mom told me that last week one of our good brands, Hygrade, were selling $6/dozen, or 2 for $10. I can remember seeing them for $1.99….She also said she saw butter for $8.50…..this inflation is getting crazy

But even though they probably have 1000% markup, it seems I’ve always had the best dogs at sporting events, they know how to make them. 

39 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just remembered the best hotdogs in Thailand!!

Way back in the 90s my job took me up and down the country. In those days Shell had small shops at their petrol stations.... but if you were on any of the North/South highways Shell had  "Tiger" shops which sold Danish style "hotdogs" . Half a baguette with a large sausage  rammed inside with mustard, mayo and tomato sauce bursting out the sides! 

Driving from Bangkok to Chiang Mai on the "old roads" I always remembered where to refuel....Days long gone now I'm afraid!

G's Restaurant in Bangkok has great frankfurters along with many other authentic German sausages (flown in).

US 'hot dogs' suck...however these days there are a number of very good options for quality sausages.

https://www.instagram.com/gsbangkokrestaurant/

Capture.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Costco's big dogs (never had one, lol).

Nothing compares to a hot dog in Wrigley Field.... Just ain't the same anywhere else.

I remember I time when I was about 12. My older brother and I went to a Cubs game at Wrigley. We drove there in a Ford Pinto (that later was given to me... I trashed the shit out of that thing...... lol).

Well..... during the game (in between innings) I left my seat to go buy a hot dog. I ran to the nearest stand and picked up a Vienna, then ran back to my seat before the next batter came up.

I opened up the dog and the fucking dog had fallen out of the bun when I was running back....lol. All I had was a fucking bun with some mustard on it. Man, was I pissed !

I don't remember who won the game or even who we played (I think it was the Astros). But, damn sure, I will never forget losing that hot dog.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The pizza place up WS on the right just past where the tree used to be did foot long hot dogs years ago.

I had a couple of Lincolnshire sausages from our butchers last night and they were delicious.

Give me English bangers or German wursts over hot dogs any day of the week.

Or a Dutch frikandel.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

The pizza place up WS on the right just past where the tree used to be did foot long hot dogs years ago.

I had a couple of Lincolnshire sausages from our butchers last night and they were delicious.

Give me English bangers or German wursts over hot dogs any day of the week.

Or a Dutch frikandel.

Yes a good Wisconsin Bratwurst or a proper Italian sausage can also be very good. But, they are not the same as a good ol hot dog (quality meat) with proper fixings. In my book they are all excellent if quality made and prepared.

• Thumbs Up 1