Almost that time of year again...

Smiler

• 2 weeks later...

Heard from a friend who was out last night the madness has begun in Pattaya. He was on his way home when, in his words "Because of the highly publicized ban on water throwing in the media, many unsuspecting farangs got soaked just milling around tree town. No cops to be seen. The young kids liked it, but plenty of old farts like me were completely taken by surprise attack. Not funny at all when you don't expect it."

Except for the 19th, the idiots out there consider everyone fair game to get soaked, which annoys the fck out of me and many others.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Heard from a friend who was out last night the madness has begun in Pattaya. He was on his way home when, in his words "Because of the highly publicized ban on water throwing in the media, many unsuspecting farangs got soaked just milling around tree town. No cops to be seen. The young kids liked it, but plenty of old farts like me were completely taken by surprise attack. Not funny at all when you don't expect it."

Except for the 19th, the idiots out there consider everyone fair game to get soaked, which annoys the fck out of me and many others.

I was sharing a few homebrews with my mate last night and he said that after work he took his son around town to "check things out". His son is 15yrs old and down from Isaan for Songkran.

He said his son loved Soi 6 and wants to go back!

But the interesting point he made was that nobody tried to splash them with water no matter where he went. Apparently there was plenty of it going on but it seemed to be only targeting throwing water at farang!

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was sharing a few homebrews with my mate last night and he said that after work he took his son around town to "check things out". His son is 15yrs old and down from Isaan for Songkran.

He said his son loved Soi 6 and wants to go back!

But the interesting point he made was that nobody tried to splash them with water no matter where he went. Apparently there was plenty of it going on but it seemed to be only targeting throwing water at farang!

I'd reckon most of the water splashing was going on up in the rooms.

• Haha 2

With some trepidation I went out last night and visited a few bars around Pattaya. Was surprised, and relieved not to see any water fights happening in the areas I visited. Could be the report from my friend on Wednesday was due to that being the beginning of Songkran. Expect the water will be out on the 19th, which is ok.

As much as I detest the seven days of Songkran madness in Pattaya, I think it's absurd the govt telling people not to throw water as if that somehow can effect the China virus infection numbers.

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

With some trepidation I went out last night and visited a few bars around Pattaya. Was surprised, and relieved not to see any water fights happening in the areas I visited. Could be the report from my friend on Wednesday was due to that being the beginning of Songkran. Expect the water will be out on the 19th, which is ok.

As much as I detest the seven days of Songkran madness in Pattaya, I think it's absurd the govt telling people not to throw water as if that somehow can effect the China virus infection numbers.

From some vlogs I've seen , Soi Six is the place for water sports ( fnar fnar ) in Pattaya at the moment ... lots of Songkran action in Phuket and Samui as well 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

From some vlogs I've seen , Soi Six is the place for water sports ( fnar fnar ) in Pattaya at the moment ... lots of Songkran action in Phuket and Samui as well 

I've just been reading The Pattaya News and they report illegal water throwing in Phuket and on Khao San Rd, also mentioning fines of up to 100,000 Baht....

... But not one mention of water throwing on Soi 6 .....

Given that TPN is a well respected and unbiased news outlet I can only deduce that Soi 6 is dry ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Been around quite a few places in Isaan last few days and the exciting news is that ............

and ermm .......

Buffalo seem happy in the fields, dogs still barking at night and rice crop looking good.

As for Songkran more celebrations among Lyon fans last night than up here in the boonies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Been around quite a few places in Isaan last few days and the exciting news is that ............

and ermm .......

Buffalo seem happy in the fields, dogs still barking at night and rice crop looking good.

As for Songkran more celebrations among Lyon fans last night than up here in the boonies.

Same same in UTH. Very quiet

Smiler - is the village rockin ?

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Same same in UTH. Very quiet

Smiler - is the village rockin ?

Yesterday it was in our family compound 100%. Not the usual water war but it got loud and messy. Was a great day. Tell the truth I have been suffering today but a 14 hour session is going to take its toll I guess. 🙄

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Yesterday it was in our family compound 100%. Not the usual water war but it got loud and messy. Was a great day. Tell the truth I have been suffering today but a 14 hour session is going to take its toll I guess. 🙄

14 hr session at age 24 is ok but ……

pleased you’ve had a good blow out. A few sore heads yesterday and today on our village but I’ve taken a pledge of abstinence for a short while 

• Like 1