Pattaya now builds a full-blown medical city not a hospital

Bazle

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-now-builds-a-full-blown-medical-city-not-a-hospital-394554

A million square meters in East Pattaya is now under active development to become Thailand’s first medical city. As part of the Eastern Economic Corridor initiative, Thammasat University has signed an agreement with local and foreign investors to build a medical valley in a huge stretch of land adjoining Mabprachan Lake. The university, founded in 1934 and the second oldest in Thailand, has already commenced building a hospital with 300 beds (later 600) with construction to be completed by 2024.

However, that’s not the end of the story. The huge zone is designated as a medical hub with a plethora of downstream industries. One of the main features will be Lakeside Premier Complex to include a clinic for seniors, a residential area for doctors and nurses, a dental facility and a rehabilitation unit. As Thailand’s population ages quickly whilst the birth rate continues to decline, the main purpose is to promote a better quality of life for seniors, both Thai and foreign.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

No doubt, they'll be selling vaccines for the next pandemic before they've even received any, and don't bother asking for a refund. The whole episode left a very bad taste in my mouth as far as the three private hospitals in Pattaya are concerned.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds interesting - hope it starts AND finishes - good for the area's future. 

I found this 'map' online. Does anyone know where this is on Google Maps??

EECmd-02.jpg

There is (of course) a nearby housing project that is already selling itself as being located 'right next door' to the hospital city, and if things do progress (and finish) there will be a lot more I reckon.  

https://basethailand.com/thammasat-university-medical-center/

48 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Sounds interesting - hope it starts AND finishes - good for the area's future. 

I found this 'map' online. Does anyone know where this is on Google Maps??

EECmd-02.jpg

There is (of course) a nearby housing project that is already selling itself as being located 'right next door' to the hospital city, and if things do progress (and finish) there will be a lot more I reckon.  

https://basethailand.com/thammasat-university-medical-center/

Just north of Siam Country Club and east of the old course.

Screen Shot 04-23-22 at 07.57 AM.jpg

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9154492,100.9877315,7643m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

• Great Info 2

2 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Thanks - but do you know exactly where? North of Siam Country Club? South, east, west?

The 'map' gives no exact location - such as where and on what road. 

The screen shot has the cursor pointing to the center of the development location. Also, easy to match the terrain features from Google to the EEC graphic. One in particular stands out and that is the oval water pond (Sa Nam Mangkon Chinese Graveyard) on the left side of the EEC graphic.

EECmd-02.jpg

• Great Info 1

14 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The screen shot has the cursor pointing to the center of the development location. Also, easy to match the terrain features from Google to the EEC graphic. One in particular stands out and that is the oval water pond (Sa Nam Mangkon Chinese Graveyard) on the left side of the EEC graphic.

EECmd-02.jpg

Thanks - got it now.  Much appreciated.

30 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

so its a few clicks from the lake by far.  not ajoining.  God, I live here and it took me and google maps ages to figures this one out.  aah well. good for the area, and me when i get old 🙂

Won't do you any good. Aging is a terminal condition with, as yet, no treatment.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 2:59 PM, fygjam said:

Won't do you any good. Aging is a terminal condition with, as yet, no treatment.

I disagree. Young women and alcohol and (for me) playing golf, do wonders for old men !!  I am so looking forward to living and playing golf in Thailand, where the girls are so good looking and the caddies too.  PS - the wife is AOK too, and she doesn't mind me looking at the others - "look OK - no tutt'. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

"Thammasat University has signed an agreement with local and foreign investors to build a medical valley in a huge stretch of land adjoining Mabprachan Lake".

There's one word in that sentence that would bother me, especially as Thais have history where flooding is concerned.

Just the cynic in me, I suppose. 🙃

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

"Thammasat University has signed an agreement with local and foreign investors to build a medical valley in a huge stretch of land adjoining Mabprachan Lake".

There's one word in that sentence that would bother me, especially as Thais have history where flooding is concerned.

Just the cynic in me, I suppose. 🙃

We've had a few hash runs that have gone through the area. I think something might have got lost in the translation when they used the word "valley". There is a low area to the north with a stream that is only a trickle of water, if any during the dry season. Most of the land is on higher ground with little danger from flooding.

Screen Shot 06-23-22 at 06.00 PM.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2