Hardest sport in terms of difficulty

Pingrones

Total crap - Boxing aint difficult. Water Polo ??  Cycling???

Difficult = needing much effort or skill to accomplish, deal with, or understand.  Oxford online dictionary.  IMO the meaning of words is important.  Difficult means it takes a lot of effort and skill to do it.  

Golf - now that is difficult. Cricket is difficult (batting).  But not boxing - that is extremely hard and takes a lot of training and courage - but difficult?? Come on. 

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I thought this might qualify as one of the hardest sports...

That’s played in a few different places.

I played in this one a few years back, one of my best mates lives here and I’m not far away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

Total crap - Boxing aint difficult. Water Polo ??  Cycling???

Difficult = needing much effort or skill to accomplish, deal with, or understand.  Oxford online dictionary.  IMO the meaning of words is important.  Difficult means it takes a lot of effort and skill to do it.  

Golf - now that is difficult. Cricket is difficult (batting).  But not boxing - that is extremely hard and takes a lot of training and courage - but difficult?? Come on. 

Not cycling for sure, yes an enormous amount of power and/or endurance is needed but anyone can ride a bike. Most people can’t even do the basics of sports like gymnastics.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/16/2022 at 4:33 PM, nampla69 said:

In third place Bog Snorkelling .... it's a sport

Second place Cave Diving .... why would you ??

First place .... has to be those free rock climbers ... no ropes, pitons one slip 

Now that is a seriously hard sport ....

Bog snorkelling 😂,i just picture some guy coming out of the bog,speedos and a snorkel covered in shite,thumbs up 😂

• Haha 2

On 4/16/2022 at 4:33 PM, nampla69 said:

In third place Bog Snorkelling .... it's a sport

Second place Cave Diving .... why would you ??

First place .... has to be those free rock climbers ... no ropes, pitons one slip 

Now that is a seriously hard sport ....

I recommend the  2018 movie free solo,amazing.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 4/7/2022 at 7:37 AM, galenkia said:

Motorcycle road racing, specifically the Isle of Man TT.

One second of loss of concentration and your dead.

Anyone that can ride a 226 mile race of public road's at an average speed of over 130 mph is pretty special.

And how about motocross racing as well? Skill aside, it takes tremendous physical conditioning just to hang on to these bikes over all the jumps and bumps, etc...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, maipenrai said:

And how about motocross racing as well? Skill aside, it takes tremendous physical conditioning just to hang on to these bikes over all the jumps and bumps, etc...

Also guaranteed hospital visits. Learnt to ride on a Motocross bike when I was 10.

Me and my mate's spent many an afternoon in the casualty department.🤣

1 minute ago, Sangsom said:

No chance……

If you look at the top MotoGP and Superbike racers,the vast majority ride Motocross bikes in training due to the high level of fitness needed.

Unless you have ridden them you won't realise how difficult it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, galenkia said:

If you look at the top MotoGP and Superbike racers,the vast majority ride Motocross bikes in training due to the high level of fitness needed.

I’m not even sure I’d include these where machinery is a big factor as a proper ‘sport’ in the true sense of the word. e.g. F1 is very often the bloke with the best car that wins.

20 minutes ago, galenkia said:

And many pick up injuries that affect their real job, a team managers nightmare.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

I recommend the  2018 movie free solo,amazing.

Excellent movie. Really highlights the mental as well as the physical strength needed to free solo climb.

I tried a free solo climb one time when I was young and stupid. It was on a 30m cliff face. Had the route all worked out in my head, but half way up that plan turned to shit when the route that looked passable on the ground, wasn't. The problem at that point was I was on a 6 cm wide ledge and while it was relatively easy making my way forward on the ledge, doing it backwards scared the shit out of me. I took several minutes to get the fear under control, then worked my way back and down very, very slowly.

I also remember my GF was with me that day. When I got back down and the adrenaline rush subsided, had the best sex of my life at the base of the cliff. :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Excellent movie. Really highlights the mental as well as the physical strength needed to free solo climb.

I tried a free solo climb one time when I was young and stupid. It was on a 30m cliff face. Had the route all worked out in my head, but half way up that plan turned to shit when the route that looked passable on the ground, wasn't. The problem at that point was I was on a 6 cm wide ledge and while it was relatively easy making my way forward on the ledge, doing it backwards scared the shit out of me. I took several minutes to get the fear under control, then worked my way back and down very, very slowly.

I also remember my GF was with me that day. When I got back down and the adrenaline rush subsided, had the best sex of my life at the base of the cliff. :default_biggrin:

Sounds like a great ending tho 😄,nothing worse than down climbing precarious sections,heres another guy who was on a different lvl,he died a few years ago training on nuptse in nepal,think he was gonna attempt everest west ridge then traverse over another ridge to lhotse.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Sounds like a great ending tho 😄,nothing worse than down climbing precarious sections,heres another guy who was on a different lvl,he died a few years ago training on nuptse in nepal,think he was gonna attempt everest west ridge then traverse over another ridge to lhotse.

Took a trip down memory lane via Street View. Amazing resource SV is. Found a view of the cliff face I attempted, the one in the background. The view is from the grounds of the YMCA of the Rockies where I was working at the time. Not quite as imposing from a distance, but from the base looking up it's a different story.

image.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Took a trip down memory lane via Street View. Amazing resource SV is. Found a view of the cliff face I attempted, the one in the background. The view is from the grounds of the YMCA of the Rockies where I was working at the time. Not quite as imposing from a distance, but from the base looking up it's a different story.

image.png

Pictures never do the mountains,scale ect justice ive found,looks good with plenty vegetation around it,always fancied a trip to the rockys and trying some peaks.