A New Product to Panic Buy

john luke

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My son has spotted an ad in a newspaper for claims against HEARING LOSS IN THE MILITARY!!!

HE IS SENDING ME THE DETAILS!!

WHAT???

It is something that happens, firing a riffle does do damage to your ears, especially without protection. Handguns do a little less (outdoors at least) due to the larger distance from your ear.

• Great Info 1

1 minute ago, Freee!! said:

It is something that happens, firing a riffle does do damage to your ears, especially without protection. Handguns do a little less (outdoors at least) due to the larger distance from your ear.

Yes mate. 

16 years and left as a Sgt....But my hearing was f***d up for my final 3 years and I'm seriously f***d up now.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:59 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yes mate. 

16 years and left as a Sgt....But my hearing was f***d up for my final 3 years and I'm seriously f***d up now.

Yep... There are guys I know who went to the range constantly. I limited it to qualification and occassional "special" training. Over 35 years of it, I am glad I limited the number of times. I am sure there a lot of guys who are regreting it now.

Lot of hazards - from flying hot brass, to hearing loss. Also exposure to cleaning agents and gun powder. 

Not to mention a negligent discharge. I once had to work a case were some rookie in basic training accidently discharged a round into a guy standing next to him when she was cleaning her piece. Jesus Christ ! That was nasty !

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1