Great Bars

Glasseye

10 hours ago, nampla69 said:

You got to be drinking heavily in the daytime to get TQ and your cranberry, avocado and lime smoothies don't count.

Remember the first time I went in . Was on the beach with my LT girl that i had been involved with for years. I said lets go in and have a look. The girl at the door told us no women allowed before 7pm. I was just going to walk away but Pui was not having it she ripped the door girl as well as the owner/manager a new ass hole she did not let down and the owner/manager relented and we went in. Too loud for my taste but we are all different.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Remember the first time I went in . Was on the beach with my LT girl that i had been involved with for years. I said lets go in and have a look. The girl at the door told us no women allowed before 7pm. I was just going to walk away but Pui was not having it she ripped the door girl as well as the owner/manager a new ass hole she did not let down and the owner/manager relented and we went in. Too loud for my taste but we are all different.

I never liked TQ either, way too dark, mostly older girls, not to my liking.

Each to their own!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

I never liked TQ either, way too dark, mostly older girls, not to my liking.

Each to their own!

Nothing wrong with a milf back in the day but a gilf is pushing the boat to far 😄,,never ventured into tq at night but went in plenty of times during the day to er escape the heat for a cold one,cant recall any stunners inside either 😂 ,kinda liked the place,was like walking into a different world after a nice peacefull beach walk.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Nothing wrong with a milf back in the day but a gilf is pushing the boat to far 😄,,never ventured into tq at night but went in plenty of times during the day to er escape the heat for a cold one,cant recall any stunners inside either 😂 ,kinda liked the place,was like walking into a different world after a nice peacefull beach walk.

I'd pop in for a couple of an afternoon after loitering around beach road. Used to like sitting in the seating area opposite Pattaya Klang.

Would then head off to Bodega bar a lot of the time or maybe New Plaza.

Back when Gogo's opened at 2pm Champagne , Tim's and Worldwide Gogo were my favourite afternoon Gogo's.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

I'd pop in for a couple of an afternoon after loitering around beach road. Used to like sitting in the seating area opposite Pattaya Klang.

Back when Gogo's opened at 2pm Champagne , Tim's and Worldwide Gogo were my favourite afternoon Gogo's.

Great times pal,there were 1 or 2 around soi post office soi 13/1 area aswell good for afternoon piss ups,cant mind the name of them,tims yeah another good one bf 2 girls out of there st one late afternoon when staying at the soi next to it,what a sesh 😃.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Great times pal,there were 1 or 2 around soi post office soi 13/1 area aswell good for afternoon piss ups,cant mind the name of them,tims yeah another good one bf 2 girls out of there st one late afternoon when staying at the soi next to it,what a sesh 😃.

Tim's was great back in it's prime. Loved an afternoon in there as I loved the music and videos. The girls would wonder why I weren't paying attention to them.🤣

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Tim's was great back in it's prime. Loved an afternoon in there as I loved the music and videos. The girls would wonder why I weren't paying attention to them.🤣

I used to like Tims too, another place where I used to go into solo and come out with company. 😍

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Met the missus in the Bodega bar. Been together 20 years now.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, thegrogmonster said:

Met the missus in the Bodega bar. Been together 20 years now.

Always liked it to chill out, no hassles from the staff and get to watch the carnage on second road. Saw a good fight on the Soi beside it between pissed up Thai's. Matey was kicking the other one in the head etc. Probably best mate's before.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Great times pal,there were 1 or 2 around soi post office soi 13/1 area aswell good for afternoon piss ups,cant mind the name of them

Maybe Las Vegas II, Las Vegas III, Nevada, Miami, and one which I think was called Hot & Cold (or something similar)?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Maybe Las Vegas II, Las Vegas III, Nevada, Miami, and one which I think was called Hot & Cold (or something similar)?

Spot on with that,miami and both las vegas ones,was nevada right at bottom of soi nearest to beach rd ? thinking of another one nearer to 2nd road maybe called classroom ? i remember when it closed,across from bj bar,those sois were great for afternoon fun.

14 hours ago, Horizondave said:

The issue for me with TQ was that everything was so close to everything else. The stage was too close to the bar and seats on both sides, no room to have both walkway and seats at the stage so a walkway it was and walking in and finding a seat was difficult with girls dotted around. The conversations of others were sometimes too loud to the point that where you sat determined your enjoyment or annoyance; it seemed a cliquey bar, too small for my liking with very limited seating options.

The girls for me were Ok but the bar was not the most atmospheric or easy to stay for long periods. Seem to have a lot of loud regulars.

What I liked about TQ was the 4 Happy Hours each day where a Carlsburg was 65 baht (a long time ago...mid to late 90's) and as others mentioned, a great way to cool down in the afternoon heat. All those years and I never went at night, was always an afternoon guy, but never thought less of the ladies as to me, except for a few, they all looked to be at least a 6 in the face and body but most I rated higher. I also liked the DJ and would always throw a tip his way to play some live Stones or other musical favorite.

What was a negative for me was the daytime manager and, unlike a Phil or Larry, would spend all their time talking to his buddies, who for the most part all were Jesters and ignore all the other patrons. Never would mingle around and shake hands, ask how you were doing and if everything was ok. A small welcoming gesture can go a long way to make a customer feel appreciated, as both Phil and Larry have always done for me when I came by.

Having said that, whenever my next return trip is, I'll stop in for a beer or two. But only during Happy Hour.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

What I liked about TQ was the 4 Happy Hours each day where a Carlsburg was 65 baht (a long time ago...mid to late 90's) and as others mentioned, a great way to cool down in the afternoon heat. All those years and I never went at night, was always an afternoon guy, but never thought less of the ladies as to me, except for a few, they all looked to be at least a 6 in the face and body but most I rated higher. I also liked the DJ and would always throw a tip his way to play some live Stones or other musical favorite.

What was a negative for me was the daytime manager and, unlike a Phil or Larry, would spend all their time talking to his buddies, who for the most part all were Jesters and ignore all the other patrons. Never would mingle around and shake hands, ask how you were doing and if everything was ok. A small welcoming gesture can go a long way to make a customer feel appreciated, as both Phil and Larry have always done for me when I came by.

Having said that, whenever my next return trip is, I'll stop in for a beer or two. But only during Happy Hour.

Agree about the manager, always felt there was a crowd of regulars that were rather loud, hanging with a manager who ignored others who walked in.

Not really into knowing managers, I like my own company, but a smile, hand shake or acknowledgement would have been appropriate for such a small bar.

I used to like Sweetheart ago go for that reason, always a hand shake or a welcome hello or nod. Just made you feel comfortable that you were in a friendly environment.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bazle said:

.Maybe Las Vegas II, Las Vegas III, Nevada, Miami, and one which I think was called Hot & Cold (or something similar)?

It WAS Hot & Cold. It re-opened at a different spot on 13/2, nearer Second Road, about 3 years ago.

Another one was Far East Rock.