Great Bars

Glasseye

1 hour ago, AJSP said:

I recollect a cracking agogo called Wet  n Wild run by Las Vegas Paul - now that was a cracking little venue with a fish tank full of lovelies. 😎🤪🙏

Yes I remember when Paul got hired he had a lot of ideas for the bar he came into Secrets telling me that they told him he could implement the plans he had it would be his bar to run. After they hired him they basically had a change of heart and everything had to be run by them they didn't want to make any changes that he had asked for so he walked away. Rest in peace buddy

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 4/18/2022 at 4:29 AM, galenkia said:

Always liked it to chill out, no hassles from the staff and get to watch the carnage on second road. Saw a good fight on the Soi beside it between pissed up Thai's. Matey was kicking the other one in the head etc. Probably best mate's before.🤣

That's the kind of stuff that led me to "greener pastures" over time.

Although, I still love the town, but not for permanent living. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

What I liked about TQ was the 4 Happy Hours each day where a Carlsburg was 65 baht (a long time ago...mid to late 90's) and as others mentioned, a great way to cool down in the afternoon heat. All those years and I never went at night, was always an afternoon guy, but never thought less of the ladies as to me, except for a few, they all looked to be at least a 6 in the face and body but most I rated higher. I also liked the DJ and would always throw a tip his way to play some live Stones or other musical favorite.

What was a negative for me was the daytime manager and, unlike a Phil or Larry, would spend all their time talking to his buddies, who for the most part all were Jesters and ignore all the other patrons. Never would mingle around and shake hands, ask how you were doing and if everything was ok. A small welcoming gesture can go a long way to make a customer feel appreciated, as both Phil and Larry have always done for me when I came by.

Having said that, whenever my next return trip is, I'll stop in for a beer or two. But only during Happy Hour.

I had some great times in there on a few afternoons. Although I wouldn't consider it a "regular" place.

For me it was a place you could go to in the afternoon and get shitfaced drunk and listen to great tunes. I stayed on Soi 13 at the time so I could just crawl back to the room. Pussy wasn't on the agenda for me on those days.... it was just booze, smiles, small talk and music music music.

In order to enjoy the place that was the frame of mind,.... for me anyway. And on those days it was as fun as any I have ever had in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1