New Cheap transportation

Yesitisdakid

While I was in Udon I ran across this dealer that was selling these during my walk. These are used all over more so than Moto bikes they can hold 4 or 5 people. The dealer told me they were 150cc chinese-built. I'm thinking there Fairly reliable because you see them all over Udon and the other cities I travel through on my trip. 

I was surprised at the cost 68000 baht. 

IMG_20220420_131301.jpg

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just what I need when up in the boonies visiting the inlaws 

Instead of wandering down to the local ma and pa shop for a box of Leo at 6 am to hand out to the million relatives I could get a pallet load of in the back ( wonder if that would void the warranty )

Rode them many times in Vientiane,  Laos. 

Climbed on one, and the driver was having a real problem making it move... the clutch was obviously slipping badly. We came to a halt, and I wandered round to the front, to notice there was no freeplay in the clutch cable. Quick use of Google translate and the driver produced an unopened tool pack with a very confused look. 5 minutes later the look was one of sheer amazement as this farang had fixed his clutch...

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Well bugger me up the arse with with an over-ripe papaya! 

I would be happy to oblige, for a small stipend during my trip in July 😁😁😁

Those vehicles look great. 68k baht is around £1,700. Could easily pay for itself in a few months. 

• Thumbs Up 2

They're called Samloors locally. I am guessing the three wheels would be the reason why. Also guessing a big difference between a tuk tuk and Samloor would be the passenger seating, such as it is - The Samloor seats run parallel to the sides. 

Edited by Smiler

hate to piss on your cookies as I fancy one, but these are not street legal, as far as I am aware.  first they cant be registered, s any accident is uninsured and a tuk tuk can only be driven by..someone who has a tuk tuk, not bike or car licence which, i believe is very expensive to get.  even the converted three wheeler scooters here are not technically legal for road use.

8 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

hate to piss on your cookies as I fancy one, but these are not street legal, as far as I am aware.  first they cant be registered, s any accident is uninsured and a tuk tuk can only be driven by..someone who has a tuk tuk, not bike or car licence which, i believe is very expensive to get.  even the converted three wheeler scooters here are not technically legal for road use.

f**k me! Remove the pineapple of love and insert the jack fruit of truth....

That is exactly what my daughter's mother said 30 minutes ago!!!

I'm just gonna check out for hidden mics ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

While I was in Udon I ran across this dealer that was selling these during my walk. These are used all over more so than Moto bikes they can hold 4 or 5 people. The dealer told me they were 150cc chinese-built. I'm thinking there Fairly reliable because you see them all over Udon and the other cities I travel through on my trip. 

I was surprised at the cost 68000 baht. 

IMG_20220420_131301.jpg

Commonly know as a "Sky Lab", no idea why ??

Here's a dealers website.

http://www.atipongmotor.com/eng/product/

Mr. Dangle, the "Super Sky Lab"  would be good for you mate, nice big comfy armchair to sit on....

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

14 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

f**k me! Remove the pineapple of love and insert the jack fruit of truth....

That is exactly what my daughter's mother said 30 minutes ago!!!

I'm just gonna check out for hidden mics ...

the mics are all part of the webcams sir. 🙂

I only looked into this a few years back, pre covid, when i had the chance to buy a tuk tuk and was going to use for promos.  wasnt worth it in the end.  I think they make them i Naklua too btw

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Just what I need when up in the boonies visiting the inlaws 

Instead of wandering down to the local ma and PA shop for a box of Leo at 6 am to hand out to the million relatives I could get a pallet load of in the back ( wonder if that would void the warranty )

Thinks this would be able to handle a pallet of beer.

HTB1.x2VD7SWBuNjSszdq6zeSpXaQ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I saw a similar rig on display in a Jakarta mall three years ago for a very reasonable price and thought to myself what a handy outfit it would be to have at home but of course you'd never be allowed to import or operate one here in Canada:

dsc00233.jpg

• Like 3