Online Travel Agents for flights to Thailand

KhunDon

I’m looking to book direct flights to Thailand from Heathrow for August and the company I usually use, West East Travel, seems to be closed. 😟

Anyone got any recommendations for a good online company to use?

TIA Don  🤗

• Like 1

Each to their own (sorry for the TF) but with the experiences of others who I have read and heard of, together with my own, I will never use an online agency for flights again. If I have to pay extra for booking direct with the airline then so be it. 

Edited by Smiler
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, KhunDon said:

I’m looking to book direct flights to Thailand from Heathrow for August and the company I usually use, West East Travel, seems to be closed. 😟

TIA Don  🤗

The only companies that I have used other than the airline itself was Travel Trolley and Crystal Travel, they were always great until 2 incidents happened.

One time I got my card compromised and after talking with a friend (who had the same thing happen) we believed it could have been someone at Travel Trolley so I stopped using them.

With Crystal Travel (mainly for the Philippines) they had always been spot on but one time after issuing my tickets I arrived at the airport to find that Emirates had canceled my booking due to the agent not adding ticket numbers to the booking and the time limit expired. Emirates attitude was that I needed to talk with the agent and this is why I won't use an agent again.

Deal direct with the airline and they will assist you with any issues, book through an agent and the airline will happily tell you to contact your agent, that is not always a good thing if away from home.

As said above, booking with an airline may be a little bit more expensive but I don't mind the insurance of knowing that when things go wrong the airline will take better care of me than an agent. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

Each to their own (sorry for the TF) but with the experiences of others who I have read and heard of, together with my own, I will never use an online agency for flights again. If I have to pay extra for booking direct with the airline then so be it. 

Having lost out to an online travel agent that debunked to Thailand with lots of other peoples money that's not a bad idea.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KhunDon said:

TIA Don  🤗

Used to go to the shop in Hammersmith twenty years or more ago. Used them first few trips. Staff were mainly Thai/Asian. Then used travel supermarket or Skyscanner. Last few trips just booked on EVA website.

Thanks everyone, it seems booking direct is probably going to be my best choice. 
Pity about EVA Air not yet resuming direct flights, as they were the wife’s airline of choice. We have used Thai before, but never liked their service. Twice booked and paid for special meals for our son, only to find on the day nothing was arranged for him so he had to resort to a couple of sandwiches. 😡
I’ll keep an eye out on tinternet and hopefully EVA will start offering flights again soon. 
As for price, well, I’ll have to pay whatever the price is at the time. 
👍

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have always used Skyscanner, which having selected flight availability and price etc. You then get a drop down list of who to book with. 

Yes but the airline is sometimes in the list and that is who I would use. I have looked at reviews of some of those agents on the drop down list and not all get a good write up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Thanks everyone, it seems booking direct is probably going to be my best choice. 
Pity about EVA Air not yet resuming direct flights, as they were the wife’s airline of choice. We have used Thai before, but never liked their service. Twice booked and paid for special meals for our son, only to find on the day nothing was arranged for him so he had to resort to a couple of sandwiches. 😡
I’ll keep an eye out on tinternet and hopefully EVA will start offering flights again soon. 
As for price, well, I’ll have to pay whatever the price is at the time. 
👍

They are - EVA - that is -

check their website as I think they are commencing LHR - BKK in May/ June

i actually called them yesterday to check our flights were on in July and August and they informed me they were so the booking stands only with a date change on return leg as they don’t fly on a Monday so we will fly back on the Sunday. Think they are doing 4 flights a week from July from LHR return 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AJSP said:

They are - EVA - that is -

check their website as I think they are commencing LHR - BKK in May/ June

i actually called them yesterday to check our flights were on in July and August and they informed me they were so the booking stands only with a date change on return leg as they don’t fly on a Monday so we will fly back on the Sunday. Think they are doing 4 flights a week from July from LHR return 

Thanks @AJSP I’ll check their website. 👍

suggestion:  when booking travel, room or flights, use your browser in incognito mode.  then the searches reveal better prices as your history doesnt determine prices. i know it sounds weird but even on agoda for rooms, i have saved a lot doing this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, tommy dee said:

suggestion:  when booking travel, room or flights, use your browser in incognito mode.  then the searches reveal better prices as your history doesnt determine prices. i know it sounds weird but even on agoda for rooms, i have saved a lot doing this

Think ill try this,usually delete cookies every week or so,not sure if that works same,bloody prices in amsterdam for a few days next week are crazy, average about 70/80£ a night for a shitty room 12sqm ,,50-£60 for 1 bed in an 4 bed dorm ! ,,seems ott,maybe im looking to book to early,ill give this a go.👍

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bazle said:

Scoot seems to have one flight a week in each direction. Gatwick, not Heathrow.

Tuesday and Sunday for now.  Was originally planned for a Thursday flight too.

image.png

• Like 1

Always direct. Ever since we got stranded by the Icelandic volcanic ash cloud many years ago, we’ve booked direct. Back then it was purely by chance we booked direct with Cathay, dealing with them in a time of crisis was worth its weight in gold. Otherwise we would have had to go through our TA who we had used before as Crystal travel, but they’re a bunch of cunts so we binned them off and went direct ever since.

nowadays for Thailand I always go straight to the airline website , EVA is painless and easy to navigate , plus they refunded me very quickly when COVID struck.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, tommy dee said:

I just tried to check prices on 2 TA sites, one of which was Netflights and got a price from them, then logged out and back in again and price had gone up by £201!  So I cleared my cookies and logged back in and the price had dropped by £201!!!

Checked with Thai Airways and their prices were cheaper than the first price by £88, so maybe clearing cookies is the answer. 

I wouldn't have used Net fights anyway as their reviews were terrible. 😞

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

I just tried to check prices on 2 TA sites, one of which was Netflights and got a price from them, then logged out and back in again and price had gone up by £201!  So I cleared my cookies and logged back in and the price had dropped by £201!!!

Checked with Thai Airways and their prices were cheaper than the first price by £88, so maybe clearing cookies is the answer. 

I wouldn't have used Net fights anyway as their reviews were terrible. 😞

I have my laptop set that it clears everything except passwords each time i log off.

You can just do via settings.