Rental Cars

Glasseye

Be aware, be very aware....

Hertz is the company mentioned in this vid. But, I have also seen this practice with other car companies, and not just recently. I have worked cases back over 15 years ago. The trends were obvious to me and very concerning regarding resource allocation, etc. 

I personally gave a thorough tongue lashing to the manager of a rental car company that was way out of line. Now this type of thing has gotten way out of control, and IMO very concerning. 

The trouble is in many of the cases the plaintiffs may end up receiving limited recourse, because the companies will file bankrupciy or throw up multiple legal barriers (Trump style). Unfortunate that so many people have had their lives turned upside down because of the flat out greed and mismanagement of these corporations. Thankfully this issue is finally getting some attention. I hope in the end this type of disgusting practice is eliminated, and that the executives responsible for these kind of illegalities are held fully accountable. 

I am not holding my breath though....    C@#ts !

Unbelievable! How have I never heard about this? Truly injustice at the highest level. And the cops are just as guilty for that tunnel-vision, they don’t deal with people on a human level, or apologize even once it’s proven they were wrong

I actually had my fair share of rentals, mostly an AVIS trailer beside a Sears store in Calgary. My buddy who always took care of me, was doing some business and it was just safer for him to not have a car not registered in his own name. One time was really scary for me, he needed something that would handle a smaller town in wintertime, got him a brand new Suburban, so he didn’t even need to rent a motel. Even with a 2nd driver, insurance was covered by my credit card, so it was fairly “affordable” at $3K CAD a month, unlimited mileage. 

Long story short, I don’t hear from him for weeks, and then when I do, it’s from a hospital bed 2 minutes from the rental place…….not 500 miles away where he was dealing. Poor bastard got pulled over and swallowed whatever he had on him, probably over 1/2 OUNCE of CRACK. Somehow, he was driven or airlifted, and one of his Ethiopian mates drove the Suburban back to AVIS and got me my $…..My mate just had to attend drug counselling because they assumed he was an addict…..funny he had big problems with gambling and weed, but never “THAT” 

Ah man, the crap you remember from the old days, I just shake my head and say “what was I thinking”…..would never pull favours like that now

10 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Unbelievable! How have I never heard about this? Truly injustice at the highest level. And the cops are just as guilty for that tunnel-vision, they don’t deal with people on a human level, or apologize even once it’s proven they were wrong

I actually had my fair share of rentals, mostly an AVIS trailer beside a Sears store in Calgary. My buddy who always took care of me, was doing some business and it was just safer for him to not have a car not registered in his own name. One time was really scary for me, he needed something that would handle a smaller town in wintertime, got him a brand new Suburban, so he didn’t even need to rent a motel. Even with a 2nd driver, insurance was covered by my credit card, so it was fairly “affordable” at $3K CAD a month, unlimited mileage. 

Long story short, I don’t hear from him for weeks, and then when I do, it’s from a hospital bed 2 minutes from the rental place…….not 500 miles away where he was dealing. Poor bastard got pulled over and swallowed whatever he had on him, probably over 1/2 OUNCE of CRACK. Somehow, he was driven or airlifted, and one of his Ethiopian mates drove the Suburban back to AVIS and got me my $…..My mate just had to attend drug counselling because they assumed he was an addict…..funny he had big problems with gambling and weed, but never “THAT” 

Ah man, the crap you remember from the old days, I just shake my head and say “what was I thinking”…..would never pull favours like that now

I understand what you are saying regarding the cops... up to a point.

He did however mention in the video that many departments are catching on to the shit the rental car companies are doing and factor that in with how they respond to those reports.

I also mentioned my experience in the original post. I made it clear to the rental agency what my position was regarding the report filing abuse. I chewed some serious ass. But... keep in mind that when a "victim" reports a crime follow up by the police is not only expected, but often required by law. Also, when a cop comes across a person with a warrant they have very limited discretion on what they can do.

It's the entire system that needs fixing. These companies are flagrantly violating the law because they are short staffed and trying to save money. Using the cops to do the job they should be doing. The courts and the public need to hold them accountable. 

As far as year friend back in the day.... Well, live and learn I reckon.